Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Assasination needs changing

SolarDwagon

And it's been made very obvious by the spate that have come out recently. Many of the bosses become absolute grindfests at sortie levels, and not in the fun way-like Vay Hek's healing ability, the general health of some bosses at that level, and of course, attacks that were balanced at low/medium levels becoming stupidly powerful at high levels (First Raptor). I like doing sorties, and I like having fun, and challenge is a good way to have fun. But let me make my viepwoint very clear. THIS IS NOT CHALLENGE.

Is it just me or have the last 6 sorties (aside from 1) all been assassinations? Did DE increase the chance of the 3rd sortie being a boss?

I personally don't find the bosses in this game to be very fun (aside from Kela). I very much dislike invincibility phases and cheap healing (with no adequate feedback as to when such healing is occurring in order to better prevent it) especially at that high of a level. I wish the bosses were back to being infrequent so we don't have to fight Vay Hek twice a week.

Edited by CherryPauper

I'll have to agree....Killing Bae Hek (in his flying mode) was cancerous....Me (Mesa) and a single Loki was able to take him down though. It is imperative that someone in your party brings a high status chance weapon that inflicts viral procs while 3 or 4  run corrosive projection auras.

IMHO, I'm ok with invulnerability phases, just give us a chance to manage it to increase the window where he is vulnerable (make him overheat or something so that he's vulnerable for longer). And also.....F*** that magnetic proc........

53 minutes ago, CherryPauper said:

Is it just me or have the last 6 sorties (aside from 1) all been assassinations? Did DE increase the chance of the 3rd sortie being a boss?

I personally don't find the bosses in this game to be very fun (aside from Kela). I very much dislike invincibility phases and cheap healing (with no adequate feedback as to when such healing is occurring in order to better prevent it) especially at that high of a level. I wish the bosses were back to being infrequent so we don't have to fight Vay Hek twice a week.

2x Vay Hek, 2x Mutalist alad, 1x Lech Krill last week. cant remember the remaining 2 sorties #3. But yeah i was whining in clan chat yesterday about it. And even yesterday Vay Hek was healing himself like a madman, i remember that i used to do kuva flood and assassination vay hek sorties solo, but yesterday i was unable to DPS him fast enought.

Hm, to me Vay Hek never seemed long or hard to kill. I haven't completed any sorties this week, was healing issue a thing only these days?

I can agree that Raptor's ohk attacks are over the top but it's one of the reasons I find this boss fight pretty fun.

Edited by Ksaero

I had 3 runs before we were able to do enough DPS (first 3 attempts were only me and another player, and it was just not working out - lag, his incredibly erratic movement, and my potato aim combined to mean a whole lot more ammunition missing Hek's face than hitting it). I acknowledge, however, that we wasted a lot of time on the first attempts because I didn't know you could just run to the final fight.

In any case, I got another statue out of it, so...whee. The reward sucked, but at least it took too long. 

I have seen topics of

1. "sortie assassinations are too hard" and
  2.  "sortie assassinations are too easy".

Soooo there really isn't an easy or hard here, it's just more of....

1, Novice player with underpowered gear and/or no forma and good mods on it who doesn't understand damage 2.0.
2. Experienced player having played these missions so many times they are prepared for them with powerful multi-forma weapons and maxed mods who understand Damage 2.0 to the fullest.

.....which concludes with....

1. Start putting forma on your favorite weapons. Check the enemy codex or wiki to learn what each type of damage the enemies are weak against. If you lack nightmare/corrupt mods, this alone is a major reason why you can't push your gear to their limits.
2. You "beat" the game. Congrats! Less unreasonable demands, more exploring other games. (or find your own unique goals within Warframe).

Tip: Sortie Assassination bosses are always lvl100 with tons of armor. That's why they are such bullet sponges. Always bring something that takes care of that armor. There are a multitude of ways to lower or completely remove armor.

7 hours ago, MystMan said:

I have seen topics of

1. "sortie assassinations are too hard" and
  2.  "sortie assassinations are too easy".

Soooo there really isn't an easy or hard here, it's just more of....

1, Novice player with underpowered gear and/or no forma and good mods on it who doesn't understand damage 2.0.
2. Experienced player having played these missions so many times they are prepared for them with powerful multi-forma weapons and maxed mods who understand Damage 2.0 to the fullest.

.....which concludes with....

1. Start putting forma on your favorite weapons. Check the enemy codex or wiki to learn what each type of damage the enemies are weak against. If you lack nightmare/corrupt mods, this alone is a major reason why you can't push your gear to their limits.
2. You "beat" the game. Congrats! Less unreasonable demands, more exploring other games. (or find your own unique goals within Warframe).

Tip: Sortie Assassination bosses are always lvl100 with tons of armor. That's why they are such bullet sponges. Always bring something that takes care of that armor. There are a multitude of ways to lower or completely remove armor.

They're not hard. They're just painfully timeconsuming and obnoxious. Major difference.

21 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

IMHO, I'm ok with invulnerability phases, just give us a chance to manage it to increase the window where he is vulnerable (make him overheat or something so that he's vulnerable for longer). And also.....F*** that magnetic proc........

You there, are a Gentleman and a Scholar. God knows how many times I spend unloading on Vay Hek's scrawny potato face while his mask is still "open" only for it amounting to nothing...

and for his cancer ray, there's always Stealth Frames and Frames that have that extra layer of protection. Is gud sh*t mayne.

7 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

They're not hard. They're just painfully timeconsuming and obnoxious. Major difference.

We don't find them hard but others do, players who get 1-shot constantly complain the loudest.

As for the battle taking too long, that is what I meant with underpowered gear lacking forma or simply not coming prepared to battle.

If you're prepared and understand damage 2.0 and the sortie conditions, these assassination battles take very little time.
Don't bring a slow Nova to bosses who have invulnerability phases. Her MP halts the battle progression to a slug's pace and that is bad against these type of bosses, making the battle take too long.

Enemy Physical Enhancement/Resistance - don't bother modding for slash/impact/damage. They are ineffective. Go full elemental.
Enemy Elemental Enhancement/Resistance - don't bother modding with elemental mods. They are ineffective. Go full physical damage (check codex/wiki to see which the boss is weak against.)
Augmented Enemy Shields - the health/shield ratio isn't scaled. Instead they sacrifice a big chunk of their own health by lowering it to get those massive extra shields. Mod your weapons with only poison. They die SO quickly.
Augmented Enemy Armor - 4 CP is very much recommended here AND bring a Sonar nova or Ash' shuriken augment for single targets or other armor-reducing methods.

Don't use "my favorite" frame and weapons if their skills are unpractical for the battle ahead unless you know 100% of what you are doing and have a prepared a strategy. Use something that actually helps make the fight easier for both yourself and your teammates. For example, an irradiating ranged disarming Loki in a Raptor fight is the better choice than a duration invisible Loki. That's how I did it the last time. I irradiate the enemy troops to keep them off our back while Mag casts magnetize on a raptor and we shoot them dead really fast.
For Grineer bosses, I always use Ash with his augments for Smoke Bomb and Shuriken. I make some people invisible while constantly keeping the boss' armor removed. Works great against Kela, Tyl and Hek.  Easy and quick bulletsponge kills. (unless the other players have 0-forma / weak weapons / modded all wrong).

So if the battle takes too long: you're not prepared. Or you are and you're being dragged down by unprepared teammates.

9 hours ago, Raqyia said:

You there, are a Gentleman and a Scholar. God knows how many times I spend unloading on Vay Hek's scrawny potato face while his mask is still "open" only for it amounting to nothing...

and for his cancer ray, there's always Stealth Frames and Frames that have that extra layer of protection. Is gud sh*t mayne.

I discovered that if you slow him down by whatever means (frost bubble, rhino stomp), it doesn't keep his vulnerability open longer. It appears open, but you still only have time for one shot before the mask is effectively closed. This may be common knowledge, but I just learned it the other day (potentially, it could have been a lag issue too). Lot of wasted ammo there. 

19 hours ago, MystMan said:

We don't find them hard but others do, players who get 1-shot constantly complain the loudest.

As for the battle taking too long, that is what I meant with underpowered gear lacking forma or simply not coming prepared to battle.

If you're prepared and understand damage 2.0 and the sortie conditions, these assassination battles take very little time.
Don't bring a slow Nova to bosses who have invulnerability phases. Her MP halts the battle progression to a slug's pace and that is bad against these type of bosses, making the battle take too long.

Enemy Physical Enhancement/Resistance - don't bother modding for slash/impact/damage. They are ineffective. Go full elemental.
Enemy Elemental Enhancement/Resistance - don't bother modding with elemental mods. They are ineffective. Go full physical damage (check codex/wiki to see which the boss is weak against.)
Augmented Enemy Shields - the health/shield ratio isn't scaled. Instead they sacrifice a big chunk of their own health by lowering it to get those massive extra shields. Mod your weapons with only poison. They die SO quickly.
Augmented Enemy Armor - 4 CP is very much recommended here AND bring a Sonar nova or Ash' shuriken augment for single targets or other armor-reducing methods.

Don't use "my favorite" frame and weapons if their skills are unpractical for the battle ahead unless you know 100% of what you are doing and have a prepared a strategy. Use something that actually helps make the fight easier for both yourself and your teammates. For example, an irradiating ranged disarming Loki in a Raptor fight is the better choice than a duration invisible Loki. That's how I did it the last time. I irradiate the enemy troops to keep them off our back while Mag casts magnetize on a raptor and we shoot them dead really fast.
For Grineer bosses, I always use Ash with his augments for Smoke Bomb and Shuriken. I make some people invisible while constantly keeping the boss' armor removed. Works great against Kela, Tyl and Hek.  Easy and quick bulletsponge kills. (unless the other players have 0-forma / weak weapons / modded all wrong).

So if the battle takes too long: you're not prepared. Or you are and you're being dragged down by unprepared teammates.

Congratulations, you just repeated the obvious basics of sortie modifiers.

Secondly, I'd agree with you if the Sortie wasn't spawning assasinates EVERY day for at least the last week. Most of them are slow as hell no matter what you do because of mechanics like invuln phases (Hek is a great example of a bad boss here), or how glitchy Raptor bombs are.

47 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Congratulations, you just repeated the obvious basics of sortie modifiers.

Secondly, I'd agree with you if the Sortie wasn't spawning assasinates EVERY day for at least the last week. Most of them are slow as hell no matter what you do because of mechanics like invuln phases (Hek is a great example of a bad boss here), or how glitchy Raptor bombs are.

I repeat them because they're not-so-obvious to many players. I'm not writing these posts from my perspective alone, I write them from the pov of other players who struggle.
Plenty of times do I see people wondering why their weapons are doing little damage because they go in sorties without reading the modifiers, or perhaps they just don't understand what they mean.

I don't know what you are doing in sortie boss fights but for me they don't take long at all. And I have never encountered glitches in Raptor fights. These fights take less than 10 minutes for me. If it takes longer than that. that is because other players are lacking in the damage department and I'm the one doing most of the damage. (They have improper modding, not maxed out R10 mods, no forma, etc).
And for those who don't know yet, you don't have to fight Hek in all his encounters. Just run past him every time and go straight to the final boss room.

On 29/03/2017 at 8:33 AM, MystMan said:

Plenty of times do I see people wondering why their weapons are doing little damage because they go in sorties without reading the modifiers, or perhaps they just don't understand what they mean.

agreed but sometimes those impatient fools who only think of themselves and rush to start the mission countdown before you have chance to change your frame/weapons from sortie 1/2 for ones that will work  for the mission then maon your not doing anything  (Nothing more fun than doing sortie 2 mele only  then being thrown  into kala de tham assination with just a mele weapon then being *@##$ed at for not shooting revolving targets problem with pubs a suppose. glad they changed that  so you dont have to remove your weapons anymore