Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So just so I'm clear on something related to the PD event

(PSN)gamerpie12

Question

Well the PD just ended on console and the results are a little surprising.  Not one moon clan manged to reach victory tier (DAM got to 314,736 out of 413,000 so it wasn't even close) and only one mountain did.

So in light of this is there a chance that DE will take a top percentage or number of those clans and give them the ignis anyways or are almost two entire tiers of clans just out of luck when it comes to a free weapon and slot?  

Also did anything like this happen on PC?

I can live with either outcome, I'm just curious if there is a kind of precedent for this.

15 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I mean... if they hit participation tier, they'll still get one, just the BP, and if they're in the 10%, they'll get the research. I don't really see any negative effects here other than Ter Bragging rights.

I'm confused about the top 10%. Because isn't top 10% out of 100 storm clans is the top 10 right? My clan was somewhere in #50 and we got the Ignis bp research. So how many clans is considered top 10% out of 100 storm clans?

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

I'm confused about the top 10%. Because isn't top 10% out of 100 storm clans is the top 10 right? My clan was somewhere in #50 and we got the Ignis bp research. So how many clans is considered top 10% out of 100 storm clans?

There was a score you had to be above on the leaderboard. Why it's magically the 10% I have no idea.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I mean... if they hit participation tier, they'll still get one, just the BP, and if they're in the 10%, they'll get the research. I don't really see any negative effects here other than Ter Bragging rights.

If only one or two clans total out of all the clans that exist manage to achieve the needed point total it speaks to the fact the point requirements were completely unrealistic.  Lets consider ghost clan numbers because they are smallest (and I'm in a ghost clan).  In an "average" ghost clan how many active players would you expect?  Me, I think three or maybe four players active is the number.  At four each needed 1000 points and at three 1333 points.  Those are awfully high scores.  Certainly achievable for high end players but not even close to worth the trouble.

I have two active players in my clan and 2000 points each was never going to happen.  I took my 600 points as good enough and just stopped playing the event because I had the participation award and could never get the next one.

Is that how we want an event to be designed?  The reward being so far out of reach that you don't even try to get it.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

If only one or two clans total out of all the clans that exist manage to achieve the needed point total it speaks to the fact the point requirements were completely unrealistic.  Lets consider ghost clan numbers because they are smallest (and I'm in a ghost clan).  In an "average" ghost clan how many active players would you expect?  Me, I think three or maybe four players active is the number.  At four each needed 1000 points and at three 1333 points.  Those are awfully high scores.  Certainly achievable for high end players but not even close to worth the trouble.

I have two active players in my clan and 2000 points each was never going to happen.  I took my 600 points as good enough and just stopped playing the event because I had the participation award and could never get the next one.

Is that how we want an event to be designed?  The reward being so far out of reach that you don't even try to get it.

A fair point - I felt the same way as a Ghost clan...got the BP and the personal rewards, but the Victory Tier was so stratospheric that I stopped. However, as a solo clan I don't feel left out - this was a clan event after all and designed with multiple participants in mind. This sort of thing may need some number adjustments in future, but that's all part and parcel of new stuff :-)

Edited by (XB1)Cotton Tail

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

The leaderboards don't display the scores of all the clans in the game, just the top whatever - top 100 in the case of storm clans.  There are, apparently, a lot more than just 100 storm clans (probably close to 750 or 800 according to the scoring).

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

The leaderboards don't display the scores of all the clans in the game, just the top whatever - top 100 in the case of storm clans.  There are, apparently, a lot more than just 100 storm clans (probably close to 750 or 800 according to the scoring).

Jeez around that many storm clans? Makes sense. I was still sitting here thinking how my clan got the BP rights to make it in our dojo when we around around #40 or #50 and it only showed 100 storm clans.

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cotton Tail said:

A fair point - I felt the same way as a Ghost clan...got the BP and the personal rewards, but the Victory Tier was so stratospheric that I stopped. However, as a solo clan I don't feel left out - this was a clan event after all and designed with multiple participants in mind. This sort of thing may need some number adjustments in future, but that's all part and parcel of new stuff :-)

Yeah, I didn't bother with it at all since I'm solo, and the rewards weren't interesting enough to put in the work. If it had been something else besides an Ignis, maybe.

But since I'm solo, I don't feel like I was unfairly treated -- it really wasn't aimed at someone using the clan system as a personal research lab. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

But since I'm solo, I don't feel like I was unfairly treated -- it really wasn't aimed at someone using the clan system as a personal research lab. 

They did scale down the reward tier for getting the bp to allow for an easier time for solo clans.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

They did scale down the reward tier for getting the bp to allow for an easier time for solo clans.

I know...solo player would have to rescue, what, 75 Kavor or something to get the basic BP? I don't remember the exact numbers. It was just still more than I wanted to do for the rewards.