Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back from retirement

Rubb

Question

Hey guys,

I started playing warframe back in 2012 and played it through 2014 every day. Yeah....I burntout pretty bad...started to hate the game and the game was no longer fun for me.

The update where we could fly in space was exciting in the trailers but I found it pretty boring back then...so I quit. I guess it was update 14?

So...my nephew started playing and I decided to give it another chance. Sooo...the game is almost downloaded and what should I do? I´m kinda lost here. I was rank 18 back then... :D

Thank you!

There are a few "new" quests, more weapons, and frames. The only one that's worth doing is the War Within Quest. Oh, you may want to read up on Riven mods. Aside from that, everything is business as usual where you're leveling up gear and increasing your MR.

Edited by CherryPauper

1) Go to your profile in game and see what you are missing for weapons/frames and farm.

2) Find some loadouts you didn't max out (forma'd up) and do that.

3) Work on your story quests if you haven't caught up.

3a) Kinda goes with above. There is a new system you can keep farming for to build up this new system

3b) Do more story quests for the new mods that were released and hope RNG loves you.

I don't want to say other things as it may spoil it for you. But basically get gear, grind out the levels, forma repeat, while also gaining resources needed to bring it closer to an endgame build. Rinse and repeat.

If the last time you played is U14... Oh man are you in for a shock like I had. Hadn't played since just after closed beta finished and came back just before Second Dream came out....

Talk about being caught off guard with the new movement system, whole new frames and weapons.... But it was what I needed to have interest in the game again.

Recommand at least go to "The Second Dream" questline and "The War Within" questline (Starting from "Stolen Dreams", "The New Strange" and "Natah"), these are amazing quests with an amazing plot twist, especially for the veteran players. I don't want to spoil for you any farther.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So...there is a lot of stuff right? :D

Any good weapons that I should farm right away? I was a big fan of amprex back then. Boltor prime was the OP weapon :D lol good times hearing ppl complaining about it :D

1 minute ago, CommanderSpawn said:

Recommand at least go to "The Second Dream" questline and "The War Within" questline (Starting from "Stolen Dreams", "The New Strange" and "Natah"), these are amazing quests with an amazing plot twist, especially for the veteran players. I don't want to spoil for you any farther.

Man...now you had me curious :D

Thank you :)

1 minute ago, Rubb said:

Any good weapons that I should farm right away? I was a big fan of amprex back then. Boltor prime was the OP weapon :D lol good times hearing ppl complaining about it :D

There are quite a few good ones. My suggestion is get ahold of the shotguns. I also recommend the akstiletto. But these top end weapons begin to pour more into the feel in combat and how good you are/how you like them rather than stats (for the most part).

1 minute ago, megastorm said:

There are quite a few good ones. My suggestion is get ahold of the shotguns. I also recommend the akstiletto. But these top end weapons begin to pour more into the feel in combat and how good you are/how you like them rather than stats (for the most part).

Are the syndicates still a thing? Oh man...so many memories pouring in hahaha :D I remember the redLetter guy...redText...don´t remember. THe mod that announces the upcoming patches :D 

And what about warframes? I was a fan of loki prime, Saryn...

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Funny you should mention OP weapons. DE recently nerfed two OP weapons and the Boltor P didn't get touched. Basically it's a high-tier rifle now

They weren't just 'OP' weapons, they weren't functioning as intended. They were broken and in severe need of reworking. Boltor P doesn't even come close to how broken they were. Maybe if it dealt damage in a 5m cylinder with no travel time and half the reload it could reach the amount of 'not as intended' that those weapons had.

As to the OP; like with all games, start with the quests and junctions -they will ease you into it. Give you time to adjust and acclimate to everything new around (least of which Parkour 2.0, man do I remember the times I played Excal just because of Super Jump). Weapons-wise a lot has changed, but mostly with new weapons rather than old ones being completely reworked (except for a few recent ones). If you had a decent setup, you'll be able to adjust easily to the gunplay. Also, get a clan, a lot of very good weapons and equipment are now in their labs, so pick'em up for a headstart.

EDIT: If you can, get the Vaykor Hek (shotgun) and Akstiletto Prime (secondary). They are very powerful and applicable to most situations.

Edited by Lyravain

16 minutes ago, Rubb said:

Both of your weapons are still good. These days, the rocket luanchers are the strong weapons. I personally like the Secura Penta, the Tonkor is also popular. Beware of self damage, don't blast them too close.
Other good weapons (recommandations by me):
Primery: Any bow, Soma Prime (only by trades), Zarr, Hek and Veykor Hek, Tigris and it's variants, Khom, Simulor and it's variants (weird behavior but worth it), Vetice Prime. I like the semi-auto more so it's hard for me to recommand more automatic weapons.
Secondery: Sonicor, Staticor, Synoid Gammacor, Akstiletto Prime, Lex Prime, Aklex Prime (by trades), Marelok and it's variants.
Melee: Most heavy blade class, Venka Prime, Jat Kittag. There are a lot more, I use mostly heavy blades and the Venak Prime so it's hard for me to tell.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

7 minutes ago, Rubb said:

Are the syndicates still a thing? Oh man...so many memories pouring in hahaha :D I remember the redLetter guy...redText...don´t remember. THe mod that announces the upcoming patches :D 

And what about warframes? I was a fan of loki prime, Saryn...

Loki is iight (Ash man). Lol...seriously they are different, and Loki is still a good frame. Saryn had a rework and she isn't press-4-to-win anymore. But she is still good. I would say get Ivara if you like the stealth part of the gameplay. She has good cc with her sleep arrows and is a great infiltrator for spy missions.

I really don't know who else to suggest. The frames I love maybe totally different than yours. Yes i hate loki.

2 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

Both of your weapons are still good. These days, the rocket luanchers are the strong weapons. I personally like the Secura Penta, the Tonkor is also popular. Beware of self damage, don't blast them too close.
Other good weapons (recommandations by me):
Primery: Any bow, Soma Prime (only by trades), Zarr, Hek and Veykor Hek, Tigris and it's variants, Khom, Simulor and it's variants (weird behavior but worth it), Vetice Prime. I like the semi-auto more so it's hard for me to recommand more automatic weapons.
Secondery: Sonicor, Staticor, Synoid Gammacor, Akstiletto Prime, Lex Prime, Aklex Prime (by trades), Marelok and it's variants.
Melee: Most heavy blade class, Venka Prime, Jat Kittag. There are a lot more, I use mostly heavy blades and the Venak Prime so it's hard for me to tell.

hey! :D I recognize most of the names :D I used a lot that weapon from those 3 guys that hunt you. 

So...did they implement raids? Are there  more of those "special" assassins? The ninja, the 3 guys and the big bad dog were nice to play against :D

1 minute ago, Rubb said:

hey! :D I recognize most of the names :D I used a lot that weapon from those 3 guys that hunt you. 

So...did they implement raids? Are there  more of those "special" assassins? The ninja, the 3 guys and the big bad dog were nice to play against :D

Yes there are 2 raids. No new assassins but a variant of the ninja, Stalker.

Just now, megastorm said:

Loki is iight (Ash man). Lol...seriously they are different, and Loki is still a good frame. Saryn had a rework and she isn't press-4-to-win anymore. But she is still good. I would say get Ivara if you like the stealth part of the gameplay. She has good cc with her sleep arrows and is a great infiltrator for spy missions.

I really don't know who else to suggest. The frames I love maybe totally different than yours. Yes i hate loki.

That´s ok :D 
I played a lot with ash too...especially when he was OP broken ahaha :D

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Oh he is still stupidly strong but no more press 4 and everything in the room dies.

And Rhino prime? Still good?
frost was nice...my 1st forma´d frame :D

3 minutes ago, Rubb said:

The Raids are in

We don't have new assassins, but on one new sector you'll meet new enemies that will probably make you sweat and swear. Especially when you'll notice that the Stalker got a magnificent buff from them, he is now to a point where he goes Sword Alone in a 1v4 scenario with an entire Tenno cell and can come out almost undamaged. Though that buff can also be seen as a downgrade because once you know him 1v1 becomes possible. 

Small question : had any "main" frame? 

Also they implemented cinematics in two quests, respectively "The Second Dream" and "The War Within", therfore I recommend you prepare your preferred frame weapons and companion to look the most appealing to your eye. 

14 minutes ago, Rubb said:

And Rhino prime? Still good?
frost was nice...my 1st forma´d frame :D

Rhino is still tanky as can be and good for CC with Stomp.

And Frost is still the king of defense so long as you don't need to protect a moving Target (You run into that in Sorties then Nyx with her Assimilate mod is better so long as your team mates don't hose you down and eat your energy)

Edited by SilvaDreams

39 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

They weren't just 'OP' weapons, they weren't functioning as intended. They were broken and in severe need of reworking. Boltor P doesn't even come close to how broken they were.

I know, I was giving the OP a little introduction into some of this game's (thankfully limited) power creep

Last minute head up:

Pay attention to the relics system that replaced the void keys. It needs grinding but it's easier to get the rare drops.

If you happen to log in and discover an infested looking pink zit on your neck, don't freak out. There is an outbreak going on. The nearby "infested dentist chair" and kubrow incubator can help you remove it when it get to it's late stages. (Jokes and hints). No, it dosn't seems to hurt you in any way exept your fashion.

4 hours ago, Rubb said:

So...did they impleme Are there  more of those "special" assassins? The ninja, the 3 guys and the big bad dog were nice to play against :D

While there are no new assassins, there are some faction-specific mini-bosses that function similarly to them that I don't believe were in the game when you last joined. 

The Grineer Manics, the Corpus Bursas, and the Infested Juggernauts. They're arguably all tougher than the original assassins, and appear much more frequently too.

2 control schemes for archwings as well, the default mode handles like a VTOL, sacrifices manoeuvrability and speed for control. And there's the fighter jet mode, which is something you might like if you enjoyed those old flight sims.