Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn Lato Prime into a skin

Serialkillerwhale

Story time: Had a founder in a sortie with us a while back, we jokingly called him royalty and all that nonsense (I quipped we needed to roll out the red carpet, and someone turned their Oberon energy color red to do that), so he took his Lato Prime with him for the Secondary Only section.

He couldn't get any kills with it. Guy swapped it out imediately afterwards.

I understand why it can't be constantly buffed, just as every other old bonus weapon can't, but why not make Lato Prime a skin applicable to any regular pistol weapon, allowing those Founders to use their rewards without feeling gimped for doing so? It really doesn't affect the rest of us, and it won't make it a meta weapon only accessible to a privileged few like simply buffing it to that level would, so there's much fewer downsides.

And Lato Vandal too, figure that one's in the same situation.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

I love this. Having Skana Prime as a longsword skin would be awesome as well.

It's always bothered me that Founder equipment is supposed to be the epitome of blingage, yet (Excal aside) we never see them in the missions because they're abysmally weak. Turning them into skins seems like the perfect match between letting Founders flaunt their stuff and still having a fully-viable loadout.

But... the pack was advertised with gear not skins so it could open space for some knee-jerk reactions from both, founders trying to sue DE for changing what was offered, and from players who would have a reason to ask for the weapon back with a different appearance.DE should re-release Lato Vandal and buff it, then make Lato prime a sidegrade from it.

4 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

But... the pack was advertised with gear not skins so it could open space for some knee-jerk reactions from both, founders trying to sue DE for changing what was offered, and from players who would have a reason to ask for the weapon back with a different appearance.DE should re-release Lato Vandal and buff it, then make Lato prime a sidegrade from it.

Founders got upgrades to their packs for free before, with no notable negative reaction from the founders, and no notable negative reaction from the non-founder playerbase that lasted anything beyond a month because they realized it was a stupid thing to argue over.

was about to get on and comment about how "oh look its this thread again" and "no its founders only" but you know what?

i like this idea.. my lato prime is decent up to about level 30 but not even a godly riven mod helped it much past that. i vote for skins

This sounds great. Not a Founder, but seeing more Founders using these exclusives would be great, even if it's just eye candy.

To clarify though, it's just giving those Founders a Lato Prime and Skana Prime skin on their weapons category, right? Not replacing those gear with skins (thus, removing the gear)?

Just now, Gamma745 said:

This sounds great. Not a Founder, but seeing more Founders using these exclusives would be great, even if it's just eye candy.

To clarify though, it's just giving those Founders a Lato Prime and Skana Prime skin on their weapons category, right? Not replacing those gear with skins (thus, removing the gear)?

to be perfectly honest i wouldnt mind losing the gear.. just as long as i got a dual lato prime skin also so i can use the skin on my aklex prime

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Yeah, I think that'd be a better way to say it. But calling it "Add a Lato Prime skin" would imply giving it to non-founders, and I didn't want to give the wrong impression. Figure this wrong impression is less serious.

9 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

was about to get on and comment about how "oh look its this thread again" and "no its founders only" but you know what?

i like this idea.. my lato prime is decent up to about level 30 but not even a godly riven mod helped it much past that. i vote for skins

With my godly Riven i can play even to lvl 80 but the gun has nothing to offer.Its not a status or crit weapon and not a high raw damage weapon.Its hmmmmmmm nothing . :) Maybe a peashooter :D Sounds like one.

Edit : The shooting sound is diffrent...They changed it.

Edited by K0bra

On 2017-03-30 at 9:15 PM, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

Irelevant question: What is your riven mod anyway?

I actually had hoped for the Lato-prime skin that used to appear as the 'Secondary Affinity' to be made available some day.

latest?cb=20140919090253

DE could always do Lato Prime stats that scale every couple of Updates to keep Founder weapons viable and showcased by the small founder community.

Or DE could utilize some of these exclusive Skins being reimplemented by having a AkLato Prime or Dual Skana Prime.

Would be a good way to stat-buff the Founder Exclusive variants and retool the existing weapon models to be available to the masses.

Their Blueprints could work like Akstiletto Prime and Dual Kama Prime where there is no Ability to craft a single variant.

I look at Aklex Riven on PS4 where normal Aklex is Neutral and Aklex Prime is faint.

They could buff the Lato Prime stats to the point where the Riven disposition is lowered on Prime variant.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

On 30/3/2017 at 11:57 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

Founders got upgrades to their packs for free before, with no notable negative reaction from the founders, and no notable negative reaction from the non-founder playerbase that lasted anything beyond a month because they realized it was a stupid thing to argue over.

And that's a reason why some players won't stop being salty anyways. Many players were here while founder pack was available, but since it wasn't worth it's price atm they preferred buying platinum with login discounts to support the game. Further upgrades can only increase the salt since currently there's a huge amount of inactive founders who are never coming back, "second hand founders" who bought accounts on the internet while people who has been here for way too long still gets nothing but salt in a wound that won't close.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

DE could always do Lato Prime stats that scale every couple of Updates to keep Founder weapons viable and showcased by the small founder community.

You can be sure that one of the biggest reasons why founder weapons are so weak is because of the great uprising of players asking for these to come back if these suddenly became top tier.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

They could buff the Lato Prime stats to the point where the Riven disposition is lowered on Prime variant.

When aklex prime came out, riven disposition was lowered on vanilla aklex too, if you lower the riven disposition on Lato Prime, then every single lato riven owner will see their lato riven nerfed thanks to a buff enjoyed only by founders... not fair for non grand master founder peasants imo.

On ‎31‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 4:50 AM, YouHaveShamedYoFamory said:

nah. it was ment to be a weapon. not a skin

but it is a really bad weapon... and there wouldn't be any harm in allowing it to be used as an cosmetic skin

44 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

When aklex prime came out, riven disposition was lowered on vanilla aklex too, if you lower the riven disposition on Lato Prime, then every single lato riven owner will see their lato riven nerfed thanks to a buff enjoyed only by founders... not fair for non grand master founder peasants imo.

Its the same with Excal P there is so much salt over 25 Armor, it wouldn't even be noticeable if DE would Buff all the Founder items so that they would be in line with weapons/Frames of the same tier, because there are so few people using them anyway.

The Founder weapons aren't viable beyond Mercury, because they are that bad. But because of  people like you LEGACY its unlikely, that the founder weapons will even be on par with other Prime weapons/Frames of the same tier

Edited by Darkuhn

43 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

Its the same with Excal P there is so much salt over 25 Armor,

I'm sure the reason for the salt isn't the 25 armor "buff" + void passive. It has more to do with the meaning of "prime" in this game, with Excalibur being a starter frame and the poster boy, a warframe to which many players can get attached with ease.

it wouldn't even be noticeable if DE would Buff all the Founder items [...]

Be sure that any kind of change on founder gear is easily noticed even with so few people using it. 

The Founder weapons aren't viable beyond Mercury, because they are that bad.

Those are upgrades to already crappy weapons, so making them have such a big power gap.with their public available counterparts doesn't make any sense.

About starmap part, I'm sure my lato and skana keep performing decently on jupiter without even using all of the mod slots.

But because of  people like you LEGACY its unlikely, that the founder weapons will even be on par with other Prime weapons/Frames of the same tier

So? Founders got what they paid for and more. I understand why DE decided to keep the only exclusive gear on such a low power level, it's been asked to return with the same response so many times that buffing this gear can only put them in an awkward position since [DE]Steve recognised how wrong he was by making founder gear a one time deal and how bad he feels when a new player asking for it's return gets a rotund NO for response.

The best way to keep things calm is to let this gear remain untouched as the museum piece it is. Be happy with the gear nobody else will ever have a chance to get thanks to a fool promise born in a moment of desperation

Edited by ----Legacy----

3 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

And that's a reason why some players won't stop being salty anyways. Many players were here while founder pack was available, but since it wasn't worth it's price atm they preferred buying platinum with login discounts to support the game. Further upgrades can only increase the salt since currently there's a huge amount of inactive founders who are never coming back, "second hand founders" who bought accounts on the internet while people who has been here for way too long still gets nothing but salt in a wound that won't close.

You can be sure that one of the biggest reasons why founder weapons are so weak is because of the great uprising of players asking for these to come back if these suddenly became top tier.

On PS4 the same Aklex Riven changes stats if placing on Vanilla Aklex vs slotting it on Aklex Prime

When slotting Aklex Riven on Aklex Prime the stats drop

I assumed that was working as intended. 

I'm guessing they changed it on PC.

Consoles seem to have it better with these non-conformists at the moment.

Example: Euphona Prime is a base 50 reserve on Consoles vs 40 base reserve on PC.

And then Aklex being a different disposition than Aklex Prime on Consoles.

Back to Lato Prime, as a console player I never expect to see the Founder's weapons available as their single counterparts.

Which is why I suggested the Akimbo variant being added:

Will give aesthetic model to non-founders but could also be used as an opportunity to buff Founder's single variant.

Many players were here while founder pack was available, but since it wasn't worth it's price atm they preferred buying platinum with login discounts to support the game.

Oh please.I'm one of those people who were there while the founder pack was available and didn't buy it. And you know why? Because I didn't have the disposable income to drop on a game that, at the time, I just got into the game because I heard it was a good replacement for Global Agenda (since that particular game is effectively in coma and barley kept alive). The founder pack was as much a representation of faith in the game and investment when they were just starting off as anything else. It's effectively the equivalent of a kickstarter exclusive. It's hardly something unique to Warframe.

You joined in 2015 and you just act salty over anything you can't get your hands on, and have a raging hate-boner for anyone who has something you don't. Love how you try to imply you were there to give your argument undue credit.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

but why not give such Equipment Stats that are actually useful?

viable Stats are all that's necessary, not Overpowered ones like most of the Equipment Players are abusing normally already.
other Players aren't going to give a second glance then, because all of their Overpowered crap is still better than it.

Edited by taiiat

You know what, I'm not even a Founder and I support this.

It gives Founders a way to make use of the Founder stuff without DE having to constantly buff the actual weapons themselves (which can continue to exist after adding the skins for Founders, of course).

2 hours ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

You joined in 2015 and you just act salty over anything you can't get your hands on, and have a raging hate-boner for anyone who has something you don't. Love how you try to imply you were there to give your argument undue credit.

I'd like to see you explain how this player (random profile taken from a brief search) got a founder pack in December 30, 2016. Or even better, explain how This other player got a GM founder pack literally some hours ago.

48 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'd like to see you explain how this player (random profile taken from a brief search) got a founder pack in December 30, 2016. Or even better, explain how This other player got a GM founder pack literally some hours ago.

because forum stats start when you first log into the forums. if you never visit the forums then it doesnt ever say you joined on the forums. the best way to check their join dates would be to look at their ingame profile

neither have played in a long time from the looks of things but here you are:

Playfuul is mr12 cant get that in a few hours

Abird is mr10

http://prnt.sc/es8h9o Playfuul

http://prnt.sc/es8gu7 Abird

also, looking at you you joined not too long ago and seem to favor conclave over the rest of the game in a big way...

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--