Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ogris

randomepicroffletroll

Question

19 answers to this question

I've tested Ogris after the buff and I can conclude the following:

• The extremely slow speed of the fired rocket and the charge makes the weapon unsuitable for most situations. There are plenty of weapons out there that will kill hordes of enemies before the rocket even does its job.
  • It can inflict self-damage so close combat is impossible. Since both long range and short range combat is terrible for the Ogris, I would trash the weapon.

1 minute ago, WolfTitan said:

I've tested Ogris after the buff and I can conclude the following:

• The extremely slow speed of the fired rocket and the charge makes the weapon unsuitable for most situations. There are plenty of weapons out there that will kill hordes of enemies before the rocket even does its job.
  • It can inflict self-damage so close combat is impossible. Since both long range and short range combat is terrible for the Ogris, I would trash the weapon.

slow? excuseme but the charge and flight speed got buffed... you need to look at your modding cuz it is faaar from slow >_>

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

slow? excuseme but the charge and flight speed got buffed... you need to look at your modding cuz it is faaar from slow >_>

There are other explosive/AOE type weapons that fire with zero charge time. So in this regard, the Ogris is very slow. By the time the rocket fires from the Ogris, similar style weapons would have already demolished the enemies. There shouldn't even be a charge rate.

3 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

There are other explosive/AOE type weapons that fire with zero charge time. So in this regard, the Ogris is very slow. By the time the rocket fires from the Ogris, similar style weapons would have already demolished the enemies. There shouldn't even be a charge rate.

Well you're holding a rocket in your arms. Not charging it would be like blowing yourself up.

10 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

except other can bounce away

where as ogris always hit's the mark

Just did a 5 wave run on Akkad using a Nekros with Ogris, modded with Serration, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, Nightwatch Napalm, Primed Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, Terminal Velocity, and Sniper Ammo Mutation (all maxed). Charge time was great, flight speed was great, still 1-shot everything, and did not kill myself once.

Went into Simulacrum, did another test with Serration, Split Chamber, Nightwatch Napalm, Primed Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, Firestorm, Continuous Misery and Fast Hands. It took 7 rockets to wipe out a grouping of lvl 135 Ancient Healers.

It's a decent weapon, but definitely not fire-and-forget. It takes some skill. People think the charge time and flight speed are bad, but they're intentional in that it gives you a little more time to think "Wait, what am I doing? Am I too close?"

I may forma it again with a D polarity to fit in Primed Cryo Rounds properly...

Edited by DaftMeat

Its pretty good. Takes about a day to get familiar with distance and develop some playstyle habits, like patience, proper positioning and occasional switching to secondary. Had no problem dropping Corpus enemies en masse in 3rd sortie earlier today.

Taking on armored enemies like Bombards may prove challenging, but Nightwatch Napalm would stunlock them for 6 seconds, enough to shred with secondary and switch back.

Tried it with Ember once, modding Ogris for heat damage, augment and max AoE, and further amplyfying damage with Flash Accelerant, turned out pretty fun.

Also Gas build is pretty nice for Saryn now.

imo, brace yourselves, AoE content incoming, haters gonna hate ...

Nightwatch Napalm needs a 50% chance to spread fire from burning enemies to other enemies within 5m for duration of effect.

and then we'd have a launcher worth seriously considering.

An Ember WoF gun, yes please.

the higher Explosion Damage helps Ogris be relevant - but the AoE still leaves something to be desired in terms of being totally worth using vs other options. it's only slightly higher than the others now, which is eeeh.

but, it has high Status which is neat. applying CC/debuff to entire groups of Enemies while dealing solid Damage.

Edited by taiiat

20 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Well you're holding a rocket in your arms. Not charging it would be like blowing yourself up.

Handheld rocket launchers have been click-and-shoot since their inception back in WW2.

"Realism" aside, launchers are already some of the most cumbersome weapons in this game to use due to self damage and flight speed, the charge is an unnecessary third layer of player inconvenience that largely invalidates the Ogris.