Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting Sentients in Octavia's Anthem

KelsierSurvivor

Question

I have been working forever to try and kill these dang Sentients in a mission on Octavia's anthem. (4 I think?)  I've tried many strategies. I've tried going Warframe only, Melee, Tonkor, Operator, etc. When I use the Operator, they hit me as soon as I get out of the Warframe and I'm sent back to my ship. I keep trying to get out and kill them, but they hit me too fast. The Transference Static builds up, and I can't use the Operator. Then I'm dead meat. They are insanely hard for me to kill. I normally don't have a problem with any Sentients, but these ones have me stuck. Any tips? 

-KelsierSurvivor  

18 answers to this question

Well, I don't have any form of Loki. I probably should have mentioned what Warframe(s) I traditionally use.

1.Volt Prime

2.Nyx

3.Oberon

That's all I have. I have pretty much one of every type of Melee weapon, but I usually use the Orthos. I have the new Dex Sybaris from the 4th year aniversary, the Dex Furis, and the Dex Dakra. These are what I'm using. I don't plan on farming anything yet, I just want to make music with Octavia. Thanks though! ;)

Use as many different damage types/elements you can.

Rhino + roar + tigris p.

Nova + MP (also would solve your transference issue of getting hit)

Mesa peacemaker.

Mag magnetize.

Valkyr hysteria.

Vauban and bastille to make them completely immobile and vunerable. 

I feel like there's more than enough ways to get around this really, I've seen quite a few posts about people having trouble with them in the quest but it really doesn't seem that difficult, there's lots of options. They are just a few examples of easy mode. 

12 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

I cheesed it with Loki and 3 different crit-heavy weapons with different damage combinations.

I actually farmed it a bit, but no Vengeful Revenant ...

:sadcry:

Thats coz they made those enemies drop nothing. People started cheeseing Sentients from the quest so DE made that change.

the Sentients in the Quest are reduced difficulty ones, no special strategies are necessary.
just bring a variety of Damage Types on your Weapons, and mix in resetting Resists with the Void Laser as you please.

it uh, should be completely impossible to be Killed instantly when switching modes nowadays, as you're invulnerable for like 3 secs after switching.

only consideration i can note is to either Kill them as you go along, or run past them (in segments where not necessary to Kill them). if you allow them to group up (or pick up Oro from dead Allies), they will get stronger as a group and reset their Health respectively.

and that Resists are built in between Attacks, meaning the Player should tend to favor Spike Damage Weapons (Weapons that deal a lot of Damage in a single Attack) over high Rate of Fire ones.

I have been trying some more. After that Hotfix, the map changed. Now they're even harder to kill. I tried superbuffing my health on my Warframe, but it didn't work. I tried using Nyx's 4th ability, but it backfired. Please give me some tips. I'm getting really frustrated.

12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Sentients in the Quest are reduced difficulty ones, no special strategies are necessary.
just bring a variety of Damage Types on your Weapons, and mix in resetting Resists with the Void Laser as you please.

it uh, should be completely impossible to be Killed instantly when switching modes nowadays, as you're invulnerable for like 3 secs after switching.

only consideration i can note is to either Kill them as you go along, or run past them (in segments where not necessary to Kill them). if you allow them to group up (or pick up Oro from dead Allies), they will get stronger as a group and reset their Health respectively.

and that Resists are built in between Attacks, meaning the Player should tend to favor Spike Damage Weapons (Weapons that deal a lot of Damage in a single Attack) over high Rate of Fire ones.

That really helps. I'll try that. I will need to mod my weapons alot. Thanks all you guys. I did notice that they seemed to be a lower level, but they all of a sudden seem really hard to kill. I guess it's because I feel like the Operator is supposed to like insta-kill them. Guess I'm wrong. I'll try modding my weapons to do Elemental Damage. I'll get back to ya'll soon. ;)

Using your volt, move back, ideally into a long hallway, and deploy his 3rd.

the shields block 100% of all incoming damage, and add +50% electrical damage to all your shots (each), and +200% critical damage (only once). MULTIPLICATIVE.

things i have killed them with:

- Lex prime / Aklex prime

- Vaykor Marelok

- Vectis Prime (1-hit)

- Tigris Prime

- Lanka

- Rubico (1-hit)

- Dex Sybaris ***

I would advise against going melee, as unless you have a frame like excal or valk its very risky... tho a status lesion does work.

Dont bother trying to kill the baseball-bat ones when they do their tornado attack, just jump away.

you stated that you had a dex sybaris, so i will give you a tweaked build below:

Serration / Split chamber / Point strike / Vital sense

Shred / Infected clip / Stormbringer / Hellfire

This deals decent amounts of 5 different damage types, helping it to overcome sentient resistances. (your operators beam resets all resistances anyway).

Discharge will also hold them for a decent duration depending on your build, however they can build up a resistance to this if you keep using it without killing them.

Edited by Elvangreen

Excalibur: first radial blind, then exhalted blade

Rhino: Stomp and then shoot them with rainbow builds

Mag: Magnetize bubble them and then shoot with any projectile weapon

Frost: Avalanche and then shoot them with rainbow builds

Titania: Use Razorwing, fly above them and shoot them

Wukong: Use defy to stop dying and then use primal fury to staff them down

Atlas: One punch them (push 1 push 1 push 1 push 1 push 1 ... rly)

The usual source: