Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK Time

lethal-lemon

I get that you guys want to put concequences in place for those who play this game in afk all the time. but seriously i step away from the keyboard for 3 minutes in a orokin derelict survival while farming for octavia's neuroptics to tend to a family member and i mis out on the part. absolutly rediculous. i did my fair share of work and i got jack just cose i needed to step away for 3 minutes. very disappointed and furious about this. something needs to b done because this is just rediculous. 

Just as a heads up in situations like this since there's actually nothing DE could do about this it's just how the system works. It detects you're afk and gives out a punishment despite your reason for going afk. Just let people know you need to step away for a few minutes and place something on your keyboard to keep you walking in place it's what I do if I need to go afk. 

Perhaps try contacting support about this ? https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us maybe if they see you did killing for 17 minutes then went afk for 3 minutes as well as explaining the situation they might give you the part. It sucks this happened but I don't see a way for DE to work around it. 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

Maybe giving the other people in the group the ability to decide whether or not the afk player gets the item would be a step in the right direction.  If the person gave a reason for being away and it wasn't just "I couldn't be ****ed so I grabbed a beer and watched some tv", then the other people in the group could say "Hey yeah, he had a legitimate reason so lets let him have the part" (and maybe if the part would have been tradable, make that particular instance of it non-tradable).  Obviously there would need to be nuances e.g if an account has an above average number of situations where they went afk, then the option is not given, or that a person's vote carries FAR less weight if they have been ignored/reported far more than would be acceptable (to stop people voting no simply because they feel like being an &#! that day).

1 hour ago, Starfreak911 said:

Maybe giving the other people in the group the ability to decide whether or not the afk player gets the item would be a step in the right direction.  If the person gave a reason for being away and it wasn't just "I couldn't be ****ed so I grabbed a beer and watched some tv", then the other people in the group could say "Hey yeah, he had a legitimate reason so lets let him have the part" (and maybe if the part would have been tradable, make that particular instance of it non-tradable).  Obviously there would need to be nuances e.g if an account has an above average number of situations where they went afk, then the option is not given, or that a person's vote carries FAR less weight if they have been ignored/reported far more than would be acceptable (to stop people voting no simply because they feel like being an &#! that day).

It could be easily abused.

AFK timer should simply be disabled, because all it actually does is labelling active players as AFK, while the real AFKers easily bypass it with a move 2 steps forward and 2 back macro.

I couldn't get more AFK than this:

Spoiler

Edited by SeaUrchins

29 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

What exactly happend? Because 3 min afk should do nothing.

at the 17 minute mark i had to step away from the computer to tend to a family member who needed assistance and when I came back after literally 3 minutes they just extracted and then i didnt get the part and they did

1 minute ago, lethal-lemon said:

at the 17 minute mark i had to step away from the computer to tend to a family member who needed assistance and when I came back after literally 3 minutes they just extracted and then i didnt get the part and they did

That is a pain, but unfortunately in line with my experience with the afk system. Though, SeaUrchins' video on the subject is truly interesting about just how it works. If you are still playing right now, I have a bit, I can try to assist going a few waves if you need an ally.

7 minutes ago, lethal-lemon said:

I see yeah this sucks.

15 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

AFK timer should simply be disabled, because all it actually does is labelling active players as AFK, while the real AFKers easily bypass it with a move 2 steps forward and 2 back macro.

I couldn't get more AFK than this:

Reveal hidden contents

After seeing this i agree. 

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

That is a pain, but unfortunately in line with my experience with the afk system. Though, SeaUrchins' video on the subject is truly interesting about just how it works. If you are still playing right now, I have a bit, I can try to assist going a few waves if you need an ally.

I'm still on farming and thankyou for the offers my friend but i couldnt ask that of u 

2 hours ago, lethal-lemon said:

something needs to b done because this is just rediculous. 

At the end of the day, the system is there in order to protect games from AFK players. I understand you feel put out here, but before this was put into place you could easily get into a game where one or two people sat AFK for the whole thing. It may not be ideal, but the alternative was worse.

Still, a system where the game doesnt generate drops or afinity when your afk might be better, but i dont know how practical it would be to implement.

4 minutes ago, chaotea said:

At the end of the day, the system is there in order to protect games from AFK players. I understand you feel put out here, but before this was put into place you could easily get into a game where one or two people sat AFK for the whole thing. It may not be ideal, but the alternative was worse.

Still, a system where the game doesnt generate drops or afinity when your afk might be better, but i dont know how practical it would be to implement.

no its stupid. period. they wonna put a consequence in place for people who sit afk the whole time and yes iv experienced morons doing that its very annoying but there r better alternatives then wat they've done like im that angry about it i dont think i'll b playing for a while. i spent all morning trying to get that then i get it but dont recieve it cose i put family first then i spend all afternoon after to that trying to get it and still nothing like im just over it i really am.

3 minutes ago, lethal-lemon said:

cose i put family first then

That is your choice though. Yes its rough, but you know that, going in, if you need to do something mid way through you get the afk hammer if your not quick.

4 minutes ago, lethal-lemon said:

im just over it i really am.

I would say that you really arn't over it.

The afk system in this game and in every other doesn't work as intented because easily abusable and with bots and macros peoples can avoid to be detected as afkers. The xp disabling and loot disabling is not a good solution because that cannot be implemented in normal ways to detect which player went afk or not.

The vote kick system also not a viable option because that is abusable too. Peoples can kick normal players also or just not want a person presence then kick them so it is not a solution and generates more salt.

The current is the closest option against afkers but not perfect. It should not be any afk thing in this game because not works well. Also leaving a game just because players are afking is not a solution aswell and maybe an autokick after 5 min afk then fill the game with bots could be a solution or just let other peoples joining midway in the mission. 

Also if you need to go pee or doing longer things it can be an exscuse for beign afk but then there need and option which shows your status but also can be abusable because then the afker players will change their status to - little thing to long things on toilet.

My solution for this situation is let more peoples joining into a game but the game count the enemies spawn numbers as 4 player playing so effectively 5 player in a match but 1 afk so 4x spawn coming to the team and the afk turning invicible or invisible but not get xp and loot in that period of time. This could be a solution for avoiding the afk and nobody lose just both of them wins. Afk wont die but won't get loot and xp in that time while afk the players whom needs group won an active plus or more active plus person up to 8-10. The timer could be active after 5 min for example.

The afk could count the steps what you did and bypass the click count so the afker should step more to be detected as active and an activation sign would be very handful to see which players went to afk and which active. This can be implemented but needs at least a 100-130 line of codes and a new ui for it but it is more viable than the others.

Edit : If you have any idea or suggestion or addition to my idea feel free to add more.

Edited by Sziklamester

y would i go into something if i knew id hav to go afk ? thats just stupid. something came up i cant help that, but the fact that i cant literally take 3 minutes to tend to life is rediculous and i am indeed over it im not playing anymore.

Edited by lethal-lemon
spelling

11 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

The afk system in this game and in every other doesn't work as intented because easily abusable and with bots and macros peoples can avoid to be detected as afkers. The xp disabling and loot disabling is not a good solution because that cannot be implemented in normal ways to detect which player went afk or not.

The vote kick system also not a viable option because that is abusable too. Peoples can kick normal players also or just not want a person presence then kick them so it is not a solution and generates more salt.

The current is the closest option against afkers but not perfect. It should not be any afk thing in this game because not works well. Also leaving a game just because players are afking is not a solution aswell and maybe an autokick after 5 min afk then fill the game with bots could be a solution or just let other peoples joining midway in the mission. 

Also if you need to go pee or doing longer things it can be an exscuse for beign afk but then there need and option which shows your status but also can be abusable because then the afker players will change their status to - little thing to long things on toilet.

My solution for this situation is let more peoples joining into a game but the game count the enemies spawn numbers as 4 player playing so effectively 5 player in a match but 1 afk so 4x spawn coming to the team and the afk turning invicible or invisible but not get xp and loot in that period of time. This could be a solution for avoiding the afk and nobody lose just both of them wins. Afk wont die but won't get loot and xp in that time while afk the players whom needs group won an active plus or more active plus person up to 8-10. The timer could be active after 5 min for example.

The afk could count the steps what you did and bypass the click count so the afker should step more to be detected as active and an activation sign would be very handful to see which players went to afk and which active. This can be implemented but needs at least a 100-130 line of codes and a new ui for it but it is more viable than the others.

Edit : If you have any idea or suggestion or addition to my idea feel free to add more.

i agree with the auto kick after 5 minutes. just keep it at that if ur inactive for more than 5 minutes u get kicked simple as that and then as u said enemy count gets lowered. but for simply being inactive for 3 minutes and being denied hard earned loot is just stupid. until these sorts of problems r fixed i probably wont b playing i'll use my time playing other things

5 minutes ago, lethal-lemon said:

i agree with the auto kick after 5 minutes. just keep it at that if ur inactive for more than 5 minutes u get kicked simple as that and then as u said enemy count gets lowered. but for simply being inactive for 3 minutes and being denied hard earned loot is just stupid. until these sorts of problems r fixed i probably wont b playing i'll use my time playing other things

I said in period. You won't lose your hard earned loot only you not get loot and xp for that time what you spent on afk but after you begin move and collecting loot and xp you are counted as active. The loot part is not necessary because if you not move you cannot take mods unless the mates kill enemies on your position but the xp is totally legit.

Edited by Sziklamester