Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the synergy of weapons and frames

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

im compiling a list of these, and trying to see what users commonly think of in terms of this 

when i speak of synergy , i mean were a weapons potential increases with specific powers of a frame and the weapons mechanics/ability help that exceed greater results in combat 

two types 

simple -easy to mod or use

advanced  - needs specific frame/weapon builds to work with it 

examples :

ember[pwr 2]  + heat weapons =  simple

ivara [pwr 2]+ zenistar = advanced

saryn [pwr 1] + pox/torrid/zenistar/mutalist cenros [blast build] = simple

saryn + whip blades [mios for example] = advanced 

ash + slash weapons = simple 

ect

when you submit an advanced setup explain why /how it should be built /used to obtain the effect , dont need to state anything specific other then the key mods unless its a veyr advanced setup then please do so 

example

ivara [pwr 2]+ zenistar = advanced

ivara navigator build used with zenistar and gas yields strong aoe enemy loss 

pros : easy to use and fast at destroying enemies in large waves and has defensive uses while stationary /invisible

negative is the energy loss rate to accomplish this effect , and modding for efficiency and damage 

condition overload added can amp this capability further

PS: my goal is to share knowledge , and  help update the knowledge base  , and maybe help tenno consider some combos they did not consider 

Thanks for your participation 

-Mako

6 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Mirage + Synoid Simul- Oh... 

its still valid 

technically it will work just not as over powering as before

another thing i use with mine is torrid , create areas of toxin and such that can be fun with a saryn team mate 

but even without you can fire it on allies to grant them the effect in a aoe, and even act as a offensive barrier 

with mirage its easier to cover large areas with it fast 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Hmm. It looks like a bit of a daunting task. Of course, I know a bunch of stuff with Oberon I can share, at least.

Oberon's Reckoning with any good ground finisher weapon like Dark Split Sword or Venka Prime. It's simple and straightforward. Knock stuff down, and ground finisher for some really high damage. The builds I use on those weapons can kill enemies over level 400 with the slash proc DOT, while being able to ground finisher 2 or 3 enemies with every cast.

Smite with any Sniper can be used to make building up your combo easier, and to also make Smite easier to use. The more zoom you have, the less you have to aim at the enemy to hit Smite, while the hard CC can make sure that you hit your shot, even if Smite glitches out. Better damage, better CC, better performance.

I also got a simple combo for Wukong. Wukong with Hirudo allows for free healing without replacing a mod. Need I say more?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I also got a simple combo for Wukong. Wukong with Hirudo allows for free healing without replacing a mod. Need I say more?

got some good points there 

on the wukong part , are you saying equipping the hirodo and using 4 grants the healing? 

i ask because ive had a weird effect go with my valkyr and sancti magistar , -healing squads on valkyr charge attack-

not that its bad or anything xD 

and also those  frame types

wukong, valkyr , excalibur, titania that pull form melee shattering impact is a good mod on later game enemies with heavy armor as it strips it in 80 ish hits normally 

corrosive would be like 90 -100+ hits and it saves a mod slot :3 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

It doesn't. The benefit is just being able to reliably heal without sacrificing damage from Primal Fury.

ah, same reason i use sancti magistar on valkyr , just allows me to heal others + def objects 

weirdly when in hysteria she heals though ..not sure why 

could be a good support valkyr method though if it works 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ah, same reason i use sancti magistar on valkyr , just allows me to heal others + def objects 

Hysteria has innate life steal.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

Hysteria has innate life steal.

i know that xD 

i mean i have sancti magistar equipped and drawn go hysteria and when i do charge attacks in that state she heals everyone else in squad within range [even does that magistars effect when its done]

very helpful 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Ash with slash weapons is actually subpar to frames that offer an actuall enchancement to the effect by boosting your attack speed (volt/valkyr), by buffing the damage output in a way that counts (chroma, banshee, limbo 2.0. Not counting stealth as any present boost can be considered a bug) or by debuffing thy enemy (Saryn-viral proccs. Damage that bypasses shields and armor obviously works better on halved health.)

To add to the topic a bit: Chroma+Mios/Augumented Furis.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

It's really good. It's just held back for some people by the intended skill requirement. The power is well worth the effort.

Skill requirement to deal headshots? Meh, it even is mere average even then on a really bad firerate and it doesn't synergize with mesas build-requirements eather.

Not to mention that ones entire strategy revolves around the proccs, forcing you into peacemaker sometimes when it's really not the time to...

I'm personally running a synoid gammacore on my mesa. Same scenario, good damage. Even proccs power every now and then on the end of peacemaker...may just be me but i'm much happier with that choice.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 03/04/2017 at 8:49 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

I find Hirudo and an Eternal War build Valkyr a nice synergy; lots of crit, healing, speed with Hysteria as the panic button if it all gets a bit too much :-)

4 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Skill requirement to deal headshots? Meh, it even is mere average even then on a really bad firerate and it doesn't synergize with mesas build-requirements eather.

Not to mention that ones entire strategy revolves around the proccs, forcing you into peacemaker sometimes when it's really not the time to...

I'm personally running a synoid gammacore on my mesa. Same scenario, good damage. Even proccs power every now and then on the end of peacemaker...may just be me but i'm much happier with that choice.

I mean the weapon itself is just good. Once you hit the first headshot, it becomes a headshot monster. Then you have 100% status with frenzy mode basically serving as a free toxin mod for extra proc weighting. That makes it an excellent corrosive or gas weapon. Also, the fire rate is only bad before it goes into frenzy mode. I find it very good with Lethal Torrent, while there's also the option of using another fire rate mod, which doesn't come with the usual drawback of ammo efficiency, since frenzy mode stops the weapon from using ammo. Your clip essentially just has a roughly 1-minute timer.

7 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Titania + Strun Wraith

The Strun Wraith is the only shotgun that can reach 100% status chance. While Titania's 4th does not use weapon stats, it also has a high status chance, and shotgun mods allow for higher overall damage than rifle mods (thanks to Primed Point Blank, Blaze, etc.)

always found shotguns good with her, use sancti tigris or tigris prime, sancti just helps with the corrosive aoe and self healing :3

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

always found shotguns good with her, use sancti tigris or tigris prime, sancti just helps with the corrosive aoe and self healing :3

I prefer the Strun wraith myself, but those are good too. I just like having my damage spread out between more enemies.

13 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The Strun Wraith is the only shotgun that can reach 100% status chance. 

The Tigris Prime can also reach 100%. That being said, I only have the barrel (or is it the stock) left and then I can build the strun wraith. Saw some YouTube videos of it and I'm quite keen to give it a whirl.

Ivara using Prowl (4) and any Sniper rifle. 

Prowl gives a nice headshot multiplier and being invisible helps a lot for setting up continuous head shots.

Combo of Prowl + Navigator + any thrown/projectile weapon

You get Headshot and stealth bonuses of Prowl combined damage multiplier of Navigator.  This can be used to deadly effect with the Zenistar, Orvius or Lanka for example. 

con: massive energy drain if used for too long. 

Noise Arrow + Charged Throw Orvius. 

Easily take out multiple enemies at the same time from range.

Ember using WoF and most Melee with Healing Return mod. 

This combo can be used to heal while pretty much face tanking enemies that aren't one-shotted. I've used it to hunt/farm Juggernauts to great effect.

that's all I can think of at the moment.  :D

11 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The Tigris Prime can also reach 100%. That being said, I only have the barrel (or is it the stock) left and then I can build the strun wraith. Saw some YouTube videos of it and I'm quite keen to give it a whirl.

And Boar Prime.