Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

10 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

They're not gonna nerf him. They play tested Limbo for months and came to the conclusion this is acceptable.

Nidus was playtested and his passive mutation stack was still nerfed to be affected by nullifers after his release. Ravenous also got toned down so it doesn't auto build his stacks which to was done, after release.

Play testing means very little.

37 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Nidus was playtested and his passive mutation stack was still nerfed to be affected by nullifers after his release. Ravenous also got toned down so it doesn't auto build his stacks which to was done, after release.

Play testing means very little.

But that's for his survivability aspect. His stacks. It has nothing to do with his damage potential. Look at Octavia. Her 1 scales infinitely and her 2 is better CC than Limbo's Stasis because it doesn't stop bullets but she's not getting any nerfs. I don't think she will be nerfed either.

Seems like the thread is unpinned now while the Octavia thread is still pinned. Guess DE don't need any more feed back for Limbo.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

10 hours ago, QQSausage said:

I do agree range build limbo is fragile to nullifier if solo 

Even though i can't cc enemies with 4th due to the null (1st can still do though) ,i still can spam 4th like mag 2nd before nerfed( which needs strength,range and energy  mods just for corpus)

Anyway it's just my opinion 

Here's my thought : cc to infested and grineer too powerful as well as aoe to i,c,g(low level)  and aren't nullifiers the pain for every warframe  ?

Old shield polarize dealt 250% of total shields as damage at base stats and could be further increased by power str mods.

Cataclysm deals 10% of current health and shields and cannot be further increased by mods. Meaning it gets weaker the more you use it.

Both abilties needed range and energy mods to do well. 

Nope not as easy as you think it is Grineer high level armor makes Cataclysm damage pointless, Infested at high levels have ancients healers and disruptors with their tethers that gives a straight up 90% dmg reduction to enemies and reduces damage of all abilties by 90% respectively. 

The only enemies you'll be killing at high levels are the weak trash mobs and enemies that are tethered to the ancients

4 hours ago, Brachion said:

Limbo can already nuke enemies with infinite damage scaling. His 4th is already old-Ash-levels of broken.

Companions are brought into the Rift with you.

Traps hurting you is a bug.

Ash ignores armor Limbo doesn't

2 hours ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

I do. I do a lot. Cast time is 2s, if you want a decent build there's no room for natural talent. and in less than one second, any aura can kill limbo. Auras that tend to be from heavy units, that cataclysm won't kill. Try using a limbo on a grineer tileset, with and without CP. Then try it with a quake banshee, tell me who dies faster, limbo on banshee, and who gets more damage. Is she not broken? yeah, she's stationary, and she's also more durable than limbo, gives more damage and on a much bigger range. Limbo clears rooms, banshee and saryn clear maps, How nobody asks for their nerfs? The reality of this is, people who don't like Limbo and probably sold him long ago now see players dealing damage with him, get mad because they don't get the max damage at the end of mission and complain. They are used to this with banshee, mirage, nidus and saryn, even nova, but limbo? that's outrageous!

The "It's broken, nerf it to the ground so I can keep hating and overlooking him" mindset is the only problem here.

1. You can be in the rift before casting cataclysm, when enemies enter the rift they are stunned by blast, and if you dodge afterwards it does not leave much time to get shot
2. Don't stand in harms way when casting, its not that hard
3. Saryn and Banshee cannot obliterate every enemy on high level missions with a nigh infinite energy innate return and their moves take time to set up
4. Saryn, Banshee, and Limbo all die in about one hit on anything higher than lvl80 but only one gets a costless instant way out of the battle (which I am fine with but not when there is a uber scaling nuke too)
5. I use him often on floods and sorties with a unmodded mk1 braton, mk1 kunai, and prisma skana just to further demonstrate how broken this is(I get between 50% and 90% of damage and kills)

#nerflimbo

11 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

So, if your problems are purely with Cataclysm, why do you want Limbo as a whole to be nerfed? Why not chnage the actual porblematic skill instead of the whole frame?

That's not what that means but fine I will fix it

#nerfcataclysm

also I have major problems with how stasis affects teammates aka can't tell when a enemy is dead as well as no gunplay but that would be more of a buff/change to fix

Edited by Murkar

2 hours ago, Murkar said:

Oh noes so your team mates have to kill a few enemies, you are soo right its not broken...

Enemies are dealt 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 Blast b Blast damage when inside the sphere's formation. When the Cataclysm collapses, enemies around its remaining area of effect are dealt damage, which is additionally based on 10% of the current health and shields of all enemies in the Rift.

and you would be right about the first cast thing if more enemies did not spawn. As long as you give a little time between casts for enemies to replenish and move to the densest enemy concentrations it will continue to steamroll the room with only a very small amount of stragglers that your teammates can easily deal with.

So roll afterwards and maybe don't use it in the middle of a bunch of heavy units... All other frames have to deal with more than .3 seconds of vulnerability 

Maybe you just went to the simulacrum and tried it out, go into a real match where teammates can buff you(ie rhino) or debuff the enemies(ie nova) and face more than 20 enemies at a time and they keep spawning. Please go try it out.

Yes you can roll but that doesn't change the fact that it is very energy hungry. You don't gain 10 energy for each enemy killed because when you leave Cataclysm you are in the material plane. To get the energy you would have to get outside your max range Cataclysm to go into the rift yourself which would prove to be very in efficient. Besides that Cataclysm really only works as a nuke agains 1. Low level enemies (all factions) 2. Infested and 3. Somewhat Corpus. Any enemy that has armor will negate the damage by a lot to the point where it struggles with killing trash mobs let alone anything above them. You also lose out on the rest of Limbos skills. Once you dedicate a build to nuking that's all you can do, nothing else will be usable. That would make him a 1 trick pony pretty much. Limbo is also not the only frame that does this. Banshee does a far better job than Limbo does. Mesa and Saryn also do pretty much the same thing in different ways. If you want to nerf Cataclysm than half of the roster should get nerfed.

42 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Cataclysm deals 10% of current health and shields and cannot be further increased by mods. Meaning it gets weaker the more you use it.

of all enemies in the rift to all enemies affected(as in more enemies, more damage to everyone)

Just now, Murkar said:

of all enemies in the rift to all enemies affected(as in more enemies, more damage to everyone)

same thing as old shield polarize but instead, the more enemies you kill the weaker the next cast is due ot it scaling off of current health and shields. 

12 minutes ago, Murkar said:

1. You can be in the rift before casting cataclysm, when enemies enter the rift they are stunned by blast, and if you dodge afterwards it does not leave much time to get shot
2. Don't stand in harms way when casting, its not that hard
3. Saryn and Banshee cannot obliterate every enemy on high level missions with a nigh infinite energy innate return and their moves take time to set up
4. Saryn, Banshee, and Limbo all die in about one hit on anything higher than lvl80 but only one gets a costless instant way out of the battle (which I am fine with but not when there is a uber scaling nuke too)
5. I use him often on floods and sorties with a unmodded mk1 braton, mk1 kunai, and prisma skana just to further demonstrate how broken this is(I get between 50% and 90% of damage and kills)

#nerflimbo

"nigh infinite energy innate return" directly contradicts what you're whining about, aka nuker limbo spamming cataclysm. Decide, is he spamming or always in the rift? Remeber that enemies killed by the cataclysm don't add 10 energy to your pool, as they technically die outside of it. He can nuke? sure. with a "nigh infinite energy innate return"? No way. You either nuke or wait in the rift til your energy is up again. Decide what you're talking about, cause a single cast will only get rid of cannon fodder, and even then, over lvl 80 grineer and orokin can give you a hard time. (specially with enemy enhancement sorties)

btw, I want a screenshot of your "unmodded mk1 braton, mk1 kunai, and prisma skana just to further demonstrate how broken this is"

I did a full sortie solo with an unmodded hydroid and mk1-furax <-- See that? that's not an argument, cause there's no proof. I want to see proof, don't cari if it is for or against my opinion. Proof is mandatory when you make those statements.

#GetYourFactsStraight

@ChameleonBro Don't know what you are talking about I never run out of energy and I don't even have energy siphon, on top of that vacuum will indefinitely hold all items and energy next to you until you leave the rift(aka dash then dash again) 

Edited by Murkar

2 hours ago, _Mr.Robot said:

if they plan to nerf him, then they shouldnt have even reworked him because that would have been time waste then.
as we know anything DE nerfs, becomes useless -> (hello telos boltace, secura lecta etc.)
a nerf will kill him and bring him back to the stage where he was before the rework. 

there is no proper reason to nerf limbo.
we have infinite energy from trinity, we have zenurik, we have energize, we have 100% bloodrush red crit melee builds that 1-2 shot everything while we are invisible with naramon. we have covert lethality that will 1 shot lvl 1000 enemies ,we have unkillable wukong/chroma and perma cc vauban/rhino builds, we have equinox and saryn or banshee that clean everything within 40m in a few seconds, we have ember that only has to activate her 4 and run to extraction, we have riven mods for prime weapons with double crit stats and a negative magizine size stat etc. i could continue but my point is all these things shouldnt exist in a game if we start to talk about fairness and balance. but no1 complains about that because everyone benefits from a trinity that provides you with infinite energy so you can spam your skills and everyone likes to clean rooms full of enemies with a perma red crit melee weapon. but when it comes to a special warfame or weapon from that mostly only the user of the weapon/frame benefits, in this case its the limbo player, then people start to complain.
think about what is more important in a game, fairness or to have fun?  

Thanks for being reasonable

Just now, Murkar said:

@-CM-Haardrale Uh heres a thought don't spam until you are out of energy, just wait till more show up or move to more enemies...

No, decide. You're complaining about a spamming limbo cause "he gets free energy all the time hurr durr". If you use cataclysm to nuke, you have to spam. If you spam, you don't get energy. Decide what you're crying for. He can either nuke a room full of enemies or regen energy. Not both.

3 minutes ago, Murkar said:

@ChameleonBro Don't know what you are talking about I never run out of energy and I don't even have energy siphon, on top of that vacuum will indefinitely hold all items and energy next to you until you leave the rift(aka dash then dash again) 

Energy drops are not the same as his passive. Have you even tried to nuke armored enemies ? You give me the impression you only play against enemies like the infested.

Just now, -CM-Haardrale said:

No, decide. You're complaining about a spamming limbo cause "he gets free energy all the time hurr durr". If you use cataclysm to nuke, you have to spam. If you spam, you don't get energy. Decide what you're crying for. He can either nuke a room full of enemies or regen energy. Not both.

its the room clears pay attention and learn how to read

Just now, ChameleonBro said:

Energy drops are not the same as his passive. Have you even tried to nuke armored enemies ? You give me the impression you only play against enemies like the infested.

seriously guys read my posts stop skimming

1 minute ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

@Murkar You can also prove me wrong. Go to bere alone, 4 runs as usual. Try it and bring proof. Let's see that incredible energy regen nuke you're whining about.

why would I go alone in a team game? Also the move works on # of enemies so more players, more enemies, more damage

AND I DO THIS IN GAME! this is not hypothetical

Edited by Murkar

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

it can't compare to thousands of players finding every trick, exploit, and bug with the new frame.

yeah, they can be glad there's the playerbase who won't get tired testing even the craziest and most convoluted setups for them, like standing in a room and pressing 4 repeatedly ... *cough*

1 minute ago, Murkar said:

its the room clears pay attention and learn how to read

So the problem is... he is a nuke? what happened now with the energy regen, it's no longer a problem? because your older posts point to that. You keep whining about how he is a nuke that auto refills. Make a logical argument wthout fallacies and changing the subject and come back.