Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A way to force doors open needs to be added

2Peter3Nine

I am so tired of getting stuck behind doors that don't open.

Each door should have at the very least, a hackable console that you can use to force the door open.

Perhaps make it so each closed door has a press X prompt that makes you open the door with your hands.

Or, something easy, a command to force doors open.

Like the unstuck command to get yourself unstuck, but to force doors open, that won't open.

Obviously the command shouldn't work during an in-game lockdown.

~~~~~

looking at your ping in the picture answers all my questions here. high ping in any game ive played causes issues like this. the one thing i hate more than anything else tho ive never seen in warframe (thank god). namely rubberbanding. try to move anywhere. suddenly you're back where you started

21 minutes ago, Husla said:

Limit your ping to 300 max.

That being said, I did have one game where door to extraction was closed off. No alarms/enemies and I was playing solo. rip kuva.

Limiting it makes me unable to join public games.

If doors where force-openable, it would not only be cool, (to tear the door open with your bare hands)

but it would allow players to save their mission when a door decides to not open.

37 minutes ago, Insizer said:

How do you play with that high of ping, Jesus.

It's not that bad, mostly minor annoyances like taking up to 5 seconds to pick up loot or open doors.

- edit - and lag kills, where you enter a room, kill the enemies, but then die because they actually hit you even though it didn't look like it.

- edit - and delayed damage, where my 40k dmg weapon hits them, but doesn't kill them right away.

I have no doubt that it's the high ping that makes the doors bug out and not open for me,

but this time around, it was not only, not opening for the Host, but for everyone.

No-one could open the door. The guy on the other side of the door, could open other doors though.

Edited by General_Durandal

doors cannot be just be forced open. they're used to gate rendering areas among other things.

you need current data on what's behind the door you're trying to go through. otherwise it's going to have a void behind it, or possibly a visually empty room that you take Damage in because you can't see the Enemies.
the Host also ofcourse must be able to tell that you're standing near a door so that it can open.

Warframe is quite tolerable to relatively high Latency but sorry, the solution is to not have extreme Latency to Sessions(or Hosts with very poor Bandwidth).
no Multiplayer game functions correctly with extreme Latency.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

doors cannot be just be forced open. they're used to gate rendering areas among other things.

you need current data on what's behind the door you're trying to go through. otherwise it's going to have a void behind it, or possibly a visually empty room that you take Damage in because you can't see the Enemies.
the Host also ofcourse must be able to tell that you're standing near a door so that it can open.

Warframe is quite tolerable to relatively high Latency but sorry, the solution is to not have extreme Latency to Sessions(or Hosts with very poor Bandwidth).
no Multiplayer game functions correctly with extreme Latency.

The other room pops into existence when you enter it even if it didn't load when the door opens.

It's happened to me enough times to know.

Also, if you fall through the floor you can see every room.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:48 AM, Moysa said:

looking at your ping in the picture answers all my questions here. high ping in any game ive played causes issues like this. the one thing i hate more than anything else tho ive never seen in warframe (thank god). namely rubberbanding. try to move anywhere. suddenly you're back where you started

Actually many games don't have this issue (regardless of ping) at all because doors are actually handled client side rather than host side.  This means not only is there more net traffic required to handle the doors for host handled, it can mean it just looks unresponsive to the player itself.

Relays are a good example of client side doors, they are always responsive to the player passing through them but sometimes you will see other players just walk straight through a door because the lag limits the update specifically to another player.

This is also why you don't see rubber banding in warframe as position is likely handled client side.

Edited by Loswaith

21 hours ago, Loswaith said:

Actually many games don't have this issue (regardless of ping) at all because doors are actually handled client side rather than host side.  This means not only is there more net traffic required to handle the doors for host handled, it can mean it just looks unresponsive to the player itself.

Relays are a good example of client side doors, they are always responsive to the player passing through them but sometimes you will see other players just walk straight through a door because the lag limits the update specifically to another player.

This is also why you don't see rubber banding in warframe as position is likely handled client side.

I wish more people understood that.

21 hours ago, Last_Hope2299 said:

Normally whenever it lags out a door gets stuck for me, I just press 5 and pass through the door. I end up outside the map but the room in front of me loads up and everything becomes normal.

So the door stays closed, but your Tenno can walk through it like it's open?

If that's the case, then having the ability to force doors open wouldn't even help,

because the game already is perceiving it as open.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

9 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

So the door stays closed, but your Tenno can walk through it like it's open?

If that's the case, then having the ability to force doors open wouldn't even help,

because the game already is perceiving it as open.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

This isn't exactly I bug I presume. Since if it was a bug it would probably occur even when there was no lagging from either the host's end or the player's end. But then I cant be really sure since once the door closed for two squad mates and for the other two it was fine. And it only opened when the ones for whom it was open came to the blocked site.