Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best sentinel

(PSN)whyaskdouknow

Question

13 answers to this question

FWIW, I'm quite enjoying Djinn, that mass CC can be pretty useful and 60m attack range is great.

Also, Prisma Burst Laser is my weapon of choice,
with a +Fire Rate and +status (yay Blast + Electricity) build
you get a never-ending (0 seconds reload wee) pew pew barrage of CC pwnage.

Carrier/Prime for lazy players, survivals, or Equilibrium Nekros ammo- and mod-intensive weapons. Sweeper Prime rocks decent damage.

Prisma/Shade for emergency breathing room, due to invisibility precept (albeit kinda S#&$e). Prisma/Burst Laser is garbage IMO.

Taxon gives cheap survivability (overshields). Artax is good CC. Precept can proc radiation, welcome almost always.

Djinn is better than Wyrm/Prime in the CC department. Thumper (Forgot weapon name) is kinda S#&$e IMO.

Wyrm/Prime, can't think of anything. (Forgot weapon name), like burst laser, is garbage.

Helios/Prime for scanning. Personally don't have Helios Prime yet, so no comment on Deconstructor Prime.

Dethcube is plain bad. Deth machine rifle, not gonna bother.

Oh yeah, Diriga is meh. Vulklok rocks damage and CC, albeit slow projectile.

Edited by p3z1
Diriga

26 minutes ago, (PS4)whyaskdouknow said:

I have all the sentinels but can't make up my mind which one I want to forma 

can you tell me which one you guys think is the best and why please give details

I use prisma shade when i need to go invisible (if not using Loki)

I use helios prime when i feel there are new enemies that need to be scanned for the codex

Most cases i use carrier prime because it's a solid sentinel

it all depends on what you need

32 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Carrier/Prime for lazy players, survivals, or Equilibrium Nekros.

Vacuum is a universal Sentinel Mod now, FYI.

32 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Prisma/Burst Laser is garbage IMO.

Well good for you, you're wrong :P

33 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Thumper is kinda S#&$e IMO.

What do you mean? It's a standard attack Preceipt, with an above-standard 60m range.

Were you referring to Stinger mayhaps? Because yeah, that's a pretty terrible one :P

35 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Deth machine rifle, not gonna bother.

With a good Riven, you can get some serious (yay hitscan) pwnage out of it, though.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Vacuum is a universal Sentinel Mod now, FYI.

Oh yeah, forgot about that ;p

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Well good for you, you're wrong :P

Well, I don't use sentinel weapons anyways, unless it's a looter carrier. Them hitting enemies means them being killed faster based on my experience.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

What do you mean? It's a standard attack Preceipt, with an above-standard 60m range.

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Were you referring to Stinger mayhaps? Because yeah, that's a pretty terrible one :P

Yeah, that's the one.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

With a good Riven, you can get some serious (yay hitscan) pwnage out of it, though.

Riven dependent, not gonna bother :p

It depends .... as allways:

In alphabetical order:

Carrier: if your weapons constantly running out of ammo, hes the one you need.

Dethcube: Solid damage output with his Deth-Rifle.

Diriga: Highest damage output with his Vulklok Sniper and the only one with a 70m range.

Djinn: Rub the lantern 3 times and wish he get better someday

Helios: For every mission with new enemys to scan a must have. Deconstructor can make good dmg too.

Shade: Invisible on sight and 10m. If you want to get invisible after allready get spotted and mostly be down, get this one. Just kidding get a Huras Kubrow.

Taxon + Artax: nice little Sentinel , early to get, some overshield can be usefull, Artax is a nice freezer.

Wyrm: 30m range with solid dmg output and a bit cc in 10m, not the badest one.

Kubrows:

Chesa: The Retriever, nice to have if you using Warframes with toggle abilitys, he can still gives you picked up energy,health and ammo instantly. Mods he has to bring.

Spoiler

Helmith Charger: Best looking Kubrow without question, with up to 1300 Slash and some poison dmg hes able to kill lvl 90 enemys if his charge attack hits someday. But to bad DE missed to give him some synergies with Nidus or his counter.

Huras: The Stealther, the real Shade, makes you invisible if an enemy is around 24m and you still can use your abilitys. Important ! Works through walls, not like shade on sight.

Raksa: The Recharger, recharges your shield with 300 every 7sec if its not full. Imo a bit better than the Guardian mod for Sentinels where you have to be at zero shield first.

Sahasa: The Digger, if you need Energy, Life or Ammo. He will find it with a 270% chance. That means 2 objects you need with 100% and a 3rd with 70%.

Sunika: The Hunter, hunts your VIP down like simaris goals or capture targets and nullifiers.

Kavats:

Adarza: With her Cats Eye not the badest pet around. With an additive +60% crit chance after all crit mods ... but before Bloodrush, she gives a nice crit buff.

Smeeta: Prince Charming, with her luck giving charm mod she comes with a lot of more or less usefull buffs. Redcrits, doublpickup, Energy refund, instant reload and more.

I hope this short overview helps you to figure out which one you need in which situation or which one fits perfect to a special Warframe. For me a lot of Kubrows and Kavats are way better than their Sentinel counterparts but because of these Stasis wakeup/gotosleep thingy you CANT do different loadouts with different Kubrows/Kavats instantly. So i mostly use Sentinels because i can change them instantly. (for example: Ivara dont need Huras, Inaros dont need Raksa, Nekros dont need Sahasa and so on, but no fast swipswapperino allowed because of these stasis and only 1 active pet)

Edited by Tasmanian_Devil

Shade or carrier

9 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

carrier, if you need codex scans then helios. forget the rest.  Prisma shade can be good in some occasions but its overclassed by huras kubrow.

In terms of invisbility but do kubrows provide you with Health, shields and vacuum? No, they do not.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Carrier Prime has the most eHP which means it stays alive longer when you goof giving you healing, shields, vacuum, ect.

It's ammo conversion is also one of the more universally useful precepts and makes many weapons more viable for longer term mission use.

11 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Shade or carrier

In terms of invisbility but do kubrows provide you with Health, shields and vacuum? No, they do not.

yes it was in terms of invisibility, i dont use shield charger on sentinel tho, dont like it. Speaking about health i brought kubrow with me in the event with lvl 5k enemies and he didnt die once....i guess it isnt that bad ;)

ah : my huras has 7 formas

Edited by (PS4)maso_sage-mode