Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading market is going downhill fast

(PSN)willitical

OP, the market regulates itself. if its crashing to a degree, its the natural flow of things. At this stage there is no reason to intervene at all, in fact that could potentially make things worse. Average prices going down isn't a negative thing by default.

In my opinion, the start of lower prices, started with the introduction of the relics. With the old void keys, it was hard to get a drop (example: I remember staying in void defense 40 waves to try to get the ash prime bp, at the moment you can get that with only 5 waves).
In conlcusion:
with the old void keys it was hard to get drops -> higher prices
now is easy to get drops -> lower prices

Edited by portistafcp

On April 11, 2017 at 3:18 AM, RistN said:

It is quite simple.There is a web site warframe.market that screwed everything up.There are too many people desperate for plat and they are setting too low bottom price and everyone follows them and there are even players competing who is going to have lowest price just to get some platinum.

This is a situation that is actually good for DE because low prices mean it will be harder to get platinum thru trade.Then everyone will be buying platinum from DE if prices keep falling down.

Best example on how low prices are right now is Vauban Prime set that is selling for 100p.All rare parts...

Actullly if ppl quit wf because of this, then de will not be happy. Remember we have the best devs, they care about everyone who plays, whether or not they buy plat. I would like to get a dev to comment on this, cause im sure there biggest perogitive is to make us

On 10/4/2017 at 8:41 PM, ---RV---Maniac said:

My clan reached the hardcore tier as Moon clan, 1 of only 2 across all platforms. if I choose to give away the ignis wraith, Im more entitled on that choice than 99.9% off all players. And it actually makes me happy that it upsets people like you. The Event wasn't fair on all tiers and alot of people have been exploiting new players with ignis wraith.

That also reminds me, if anyone wants ignis wraith for free and doesn't have it, feel free to pm me ingame.

^

Thats why primes are getting vaulted, it prevent the market for getting saturated.  Right now Loki Prime sells for 300p-400p but back then you can easily buy one for 50p.  The same thing will happen to the new prime frames.  If you want to get absurdly high profits out of the primes,  farm them on the week they are released or wait until they are vaulted.

And why the hate on the new Relic system?  It actually increased the stage of Prime farming.  Back then if you get the void keys,  you're good to go.  But now you have to collect a bunch of relics, farm traces on your intacts and refine the relics you actually want.

Why do people complain when they can get the good stuffs whether its easier or harder?

Edited by Coldie93

On 4/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

Ok so the values are rapidly decreasing,  which i have a possible solution. 

You can try to fight "Supply and Demand" but unless communism is instituted (DE artificially sets the prices) you will lose against the laws of economics.

Edited by Troll_Logic

17 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

Thats whRight now Loki Prime sells for 300p-400p but back then you can easily buy one for 50p.

"But back then..."  I love new guys.  :)

I remember when trading had only 3 slots.  I remember when Frost, Ember, & Mag were 20p a set.  If you could get that.

One big impact this has is ppl are able to buy full sets for pocket change,  because of that they need alot less plat to buy prime gear.

That's supply and demand.

That equals less plat sales. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.

It could very well break the game.

Not even a slight chance.  Seriously, no chance at all.

De bends over backwards for us,  and were talking Money out of their pockets.

DE does not bend over backwards for us and no one is taking money out of their pockets.

You are literally being hysterical.

And the other problem is that now its becoming a problem for ppl who sells at decent prices.  

And there's the real problem.  Supply and demand is lowering the prices you want to charge.  Sorry dude.  That's how economics work.  Start farming something that fewer farm or that more people want.

It is not DE's job to prop up prices so you "can take money out of DE's pocket."

DE does many things right.  They do a few things wrong.  But their laissez faire approach to trades is 100% commendable. 

On 4/10/2017 at 8:48 PM, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

A good example is the ignis wraith,  a very special weapon that ppl worked very hard getting it for the their dojo,  and ppl are giving them away left and right.  

That's the way it was suppose to work.

i observe trade a lot every time wen u see someone post wtb many parts as u have x frame,,, ppl will make super mistake and sell it for super low just to get plat.. and that player will made a lot plat from that after stuff get valuted...i saw today someone selling ash p set for 40p that is super stupid..someone will buy 20-30 sets... dosent matter even if he pay them 100p each.. later will sell it 400-500p and.. now summer that profit..ppl just dont think ..and that also ruin market for others too

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

How does someone selling something at a low price and then someone else selling that same item at market prices, ruin the market?

cz that ppl who sell for low can wait a bit and sell for normal price... insted they making other players rich...lets say i go on buy 8000p... and go in trade and post buying ash prime sets 50 p each...and wen get valuted price will go up a lot....  lets say ppl will price it 500p i can sell all sets 300p each and to kill all other trades who wish to sell and u still have massive profit

Just now, ashrah said:

cz that ppl who sell for low can wait a bit and sell for normal price.

They may not want to wait.  They may want the plat right now so they sell at a low price.  I've done that.

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

ets say i go on buy 8000p... and go in trade and post buying ash prime sets 50 p each...and wen get valuted price will go up a lot....  lets say ppl will price it 500p i can sell all sets 300p each and to kill all other trades who wish to sell and u still have massive profit

Yes.  That's called speculation.  I've done that as well.

Again, how does that ruin the market for others?

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

They may not want to wait.  They may want the plat right now so they sell at a low price.  I've done that.

Yes.  That's called speculation.  I've done that as well.

Again, how does that ruin the market for others?

if u have lets say 30 sets...and wen get valuted price will be 500p... ppl will sell it for 500p.. and u come with 30 sets and u sell each 300p all will go to u and ignore other ppl who sell it for 500...and then all others will expect to get it for 300 and trades will not be able to sell it for 500

This is hilarious, its a user market, platinum's value is getting higher compared to the worth of the primes, and you know what? It will increase platinum sales.

users with less money can get more with platinum then before so are more willing to buy the smaller packs. A lot of users wait for the 75% off coupon to buy plat because of item prices, but if the free market is cheap, the lesser sales will go up.

I am gonna go buy an ember prime and sell her for 5 plat lmao

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

if u have lets say 30 sets...and wen get valuted price will be 500p... ppl will sell it for 500p.. and u come with 30 sets and u sell each 300p all will go to u and ignore other ppl who sell it for 500...and then all others will expect to get it for 300 and trades will not be able to sell it for 500

First, 30 sets is absolutely nothing in the WF universe.  Nothing.

But, let's go with that example.  Ok, so everyone will ignore the higher priced sets and only buy from the one guy.

Except, you're missing the point that "everyone" really means "30 players."  So once that player is out of sets, everyone has to buy the set at 500 because that's the only price it is selling for.

What you are actually complaining about, as is everyone who complains about lower prices, is that you want to get 500p for your set and it bothers you that someone is selling for less.  Tough.  That's how the world works.  If the natural economic price point of something is 500, then someone dumping a few items at 300 won't change a thing.

Again, that's how supply and demand works.

Player 1 is selling something at 500 due to demand.

Player 2-39999 thinks "Hey, I can get that and I could use 500p" so now you have 40,000 players farming the same item.

With 40,000 players farming and selling the same item, players are now competing for sales so a few of them start lowering their prices.  Supply is increasing.

Once the prices drops to a point some players think the time isn't worth the profit, they stop farming it.  Supply dries up.  Prices goes back up.

After a few of these fluctuations, the item finds it's natural economic price.

The only problem i see here is a merchent who fails to realise that making plat isnt in primes anymore but in rivens and endo. Its not a problem of the market as Loki, Nova, Frost, Ember have all had thier prices this low in the past.

There has been a trickle of new weapons and frames lately. Also the current primes are hardly as popular as things like Soma, Rhino, Saryn, trinity and Loki. Theres also allot of things that are still going for the same price as they always have like syndicate rewards, orokin derelict mods, ayatan treasure, prime mods, ducats,

From what i've seen in trade chat prices fluctuating allot anyway. Wednesday last week i saw 7 Ash prime trades across the space of 3 hours ranging from 120p for a set to 40p for a set. Someone even bought the systems alone for 50p. This tells me more about a lack of reference available for each part rather than a grander problem of supply/demand.

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

"But back then..."  I love new guys.  :)

I remember when trading had only 3 slots.  I remember when Frost, Ember, & Mag were 20p a set.  If you could get that.

"Oh I started playing warframe when it was still in closed beta.  That means my opinion is much better than you."  oh i love these elitist old guys. :)

I'm trying to make a point with the OP within the scope of my experience with the game (which is a little over a year). Does that made my statement any less credible?

Edited by Coldie93

3 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

"Oh I started playing warframe when it was still in closed beta.  That means my opinion is much better than you."  oh i love these elitist old guys. :)

I'm trying to make a point with the OP within the scope of my experience with the game (which is a little over a year). Does that made my statement any less credible?

Take it easy dude.  I never said my opinion was better than yours.  As a matter of fact, I never made a judgement about your comment.  You just said that you remembered when some item was cheap.  I just said I remembered when some item was even cheaper.  I never said you were wrong or lacked credibility.

Jesus dude, I even put a smiley face at the end of the sentence.

12 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Take it easy dude.  I never said my opinion was better than yours.  As a matter of fact, I never made a judgement about your comment.  You just said that you remembered when some item was cheap.  I just said I remembered when some item was even cheaper.  I never said you were wrong or lacked credibility.

You've just undercut his credibility at lower price, haven't you? Lol

Even credibility can't escape market mechanism. Lulz

Edited by Volinus7

7 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

You can try to fight "Supply and Demand" but unless communism is instituted (DE artificially sets the prices) you will lose against the laws of economics.

Actually, you can circumvent the laws of economics through monopolization / ogliopolization, but thankfully the current trade system functions as an anti-monopoly system.

3 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

IF anything needs to change then the insanely high riven prices.

It cannot be mods are sold for platinum worth around 50€.

There are CS:GO skins worth hundreds of USD and Magic the Gathering cards worth tens of thousands of USD. Not to mention, a piece of land in the game Second Life was sold for hundreds of thousands of USD. If people are willing to buy them, who are you to say they can't be sold for that much?

5 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Well if you read your previous post,  it sounded sarcastic and rude (even the smiley face)

if that was not your intention then forgive the hostility

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

Actually, you can circumvent the laws of economics through monopolization / ogliopolization, but thankfully the current trade system functions as an anti-monopoly system.

There are CS:GO skins worth hundreds of USD and Magic the Gathering cards worth tens of thousands of USD. Not to mention, a piece of land in the game Second Life was sold for hundreds of thousands of USD. If people are willing to buy them, who are you to say they can't be sold for that much?

in MTG we have this card.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=Black+Lotus+Alpha&_sacat=220&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true
the card will never be printed again and the the supply of this card is scarce. not to mention that this cards is one of the first cards that existed when the TCG began. also they are physical cards with actual use in tournaments ( Vintage Format ) .

However in WF mods and primes are fairly easy to get to reach the cards that we sough for. also there is no competitive value for these items ingame, you can even pass not having these items because everyone can finish the game content fairly easy.

In other MMO  a specific item will be expensive if so rare there are only 3-5 people have it on the whole server and the item is also valuable in terms of status it give to the player..