Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Buff?

(PSN)SargeLW

Titania seems to have low base stats compared to other Warframes. In fact, she's currently just an Excalibur with 160 less Armor. Can Titania's base stats and ability performance be looked into? I don't think anything huge needs to be done, but she's very squishy right now, even compared to some of the other defense-light Warframes.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Tbh she needs more energy even with primed flow its still too low.

Change a few tributes or tweak them possibly to be more potent or take less casts.

And to that I say mod properly and its not an issue.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I do im using primed mods and its still too low for a caster.

Is that a caster? Titania is as much of a caster as Excalibur is, in fact. What is a caster in the first place? Frames that use their abilities more? Basically all frames can abuse their abilities in the same amount and all of them are dependent on those. And Titania can also be considered a gunner just as well.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Ok, what are you expecting her to able to do? Cuz depending on how you're doing things and what you're loadout is may mean you need to play differently or mod differently.

Just now, -N7-Leonhart said:

Is that a caster? Titania is as much of a caster as Excalibur is, in fact. What is a caster in the first place? Frames that use their abilities more? Basically all frames can abuse their abilities in the same amount and all of them are dependent on those. And Titania can also be considered a gunner just as well.

True though considering how her abilities function, squishy nature (low armor, low hp) and raw damage, CC, status prevention and channeling all on 1 frame coupled with various timers for upkeep it would seem like shes ment to continuously use these abilities near constantly.

At 450 energy, no innate vacuum on 4 (you lose carrier/vacuum mod as well) it just seems too low.

1 minute ago, Sev1107 said:

Ok, what are you expecting her to able to do? Cuz depending on how you're doing things and what you're loadout is may mean you need to play differently or mod differently.

Moderate damage (like she does now), decent CC (like she does now), buffing with decent timers (like she does) and upkeeping them while popping in and out of pixie form.

Thats how i play her with primed flow and Zenurik with a balanced build favoring range for better CC and status prevention on team mates while my 4 does good damage.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

True though considering how her abilities function, squishy nature (low armor, low hp) and raw damage, CC, status prevention and channeling all on 1 frame coupled with various timers for upkeep it would seem like shes ment to continuously use these abilities near constantly.

At 450 energy, no innate vacuum on 4 (you lose carrier/vacuum mod as well) it just seems too low.

Yeah, reminds me exactly of Excalibur's abilities, which is not more tanky by any significant amount and has the same amount of energy. And no, Carrier / Vacuum is not a valid argument for frame abilities. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Moderate damage (like she does now), decent CC (like she does now), buffing with decent timers (like she does) and upkeeping them while popping in and out of pixie form.

Thats how i play her with primed flow and Zenurik with a balanced build favoring range for better CC and status prevention on team mates while my 4 does good damage.

You're asking for too much out of one frame. Especially since she doesn't have any augments.

In pixie mode i do fine as her as long as i have like 2 butterflies. If i need to exit to revive someone the lantern is good enough. If I'm at max energy while flying around getting dust stacks to reduce enemy accuracy isn't that difficult. 

IMO building her for casting isn't all that useful, focusing on pixie while having some mods that help out the other abilities is better. Her pixie form is really strong with a shotgun status build and decent strength. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Primed mods are not the Holy Grail, if energy is low even primed flow won*t do that much, try go for efficience and duration instead maybe so you can stay in her Pixie form longer and spam abiltiys, i even use Natural talent on her which makes thigns more easy.

I mean if i equip primed Impact mod ona none Impact weapon it also won't do much.

Primed are a Upgrade but not needed, same for Rivens.

what i would like to see is tribute get a radial AOE centered on initial target. at 50 energy how many times you have to use it to get all the buffs is crazy. spellbind all they need do is remove the floating ragdoll, make them frenzy with blindfire. for lantern reduce float speed and cap flight height.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

2 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Yeah, reminds me exactly of Excalibur's abilities, which is not more tanky by any significant amount and has the same amount of energy. And no, Carrier / Vacuum is not a valid argument for frame abilities. 

I feel thats a bit different since excaliburs 1 is ment for damage and has no timers involved

Titania is CC and prevents status afflictions. Excalibur doesnt need to recast 1 to help the team or keep them safe his 1 is a single point use.

2 his second ability is an aoe blind a single instance with 0 timers that allows for more opportunities for damage, titanias is a controlled DoT + CC which is also on a timer. 

Excalibur has 225 armor to titanias 65

His 3 and her 3 are entirely different where Excalibur only needs to cast 1 instance Titania needs to cast multiple times to meet that specific buffs cap or help others meet their caps they are nothing alike.

Titanias 4 costs twice as much energy per second than Excaliburs

8 minutes ago, Sev1107 said:

You're asking for too much out of one frame. Especially since she doesn't have any augments.

How am i asking for too much if thats how i play her? Those weren't demands i just feel like her energy is strangely low for someone who has to cast more often per instance than others.

9 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Her pixie form is really strong with a shotgun status build and decent strength. 

Thats what i have her as but i also like preventing my team from dying.

Let it be known , just incase theres a misconception, i dont necessarily have issues playing her as is.

Its more of a "i wish" than anything urgent.

How am i asking for too much if thats how i play her? Those weren't demands i just feel like her energy is strangely low for someone who has to cast more often per instance than others.

Thats what i have her as but i also like preventing my team from dying.

Let it be known , just incase theres a misconception, i dont necessarily have issues playing her as is.

Its more of a "i wish" than anything urgent.

a good example of why she should have more energy? just look at chroma. titania has to use her abilities more than he does but his pool is larger than hers.

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

a good example of why she should have more energy? just look at chroma. titania has to use her abilities more than he does but his pool is larger than hers.

That too theres a couple frames with exceedingly high energy per instance of needing a cast- nor do they require as many to meet a quota.

Tbh the biggest adjustment for me would be to reduce the casts required to hit a buffs cap from 5 to like 2 or 3. It would make me happy.

Chroma is god though and we dont question him specifically.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

That too theres a couple frames with exceedingly high energy per instance of needing a cast- nor do they require as many to meet a quota.

Chroma is god though and we dont question him specifically.

the ragdoll on her has been keeping me at bay. DE like to put in things that seem cool but in practice they are terrible. a swarm isnt going to lift you up not unless it is a large enough swarm to darken the sky its going to throw you into a frenzy so why is a small swarm lifting enemies up?

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

the ragdoll on her has been keeping me at bay. DE like to put in things that seem cool but in practice they are terrible. a swarm isnt going to lift you up not unless it is a large enough swarm to darken the sky its going to throw you into a frenzy so why is a small swarm lifting enemies up?

Robot Void Butterflies > Logic

I think Titania is fine for the most part. I tend to get quite lengthy with my assessments of warframes so I'll just divide this up a bit to make it more friendly to readers. I'll start with what I like first then move on to her issues and finish up with what can be done to help alleviate some of those problems.

Spellbind works for what it needs to which is to essentially remove enemies from the battlefield. It is kind of difficult to shoot enemies while they are floating around but they're not a threat so I typically don't bother trying. Her Tribute buffs are kinda fun to play around with. They're mostly useful and gives her some team support outside of her status protection from Spellbind. Lantern is..... I'll get back to that. I definitely think Razorwing is the most interesting of the "exalted" ultimates. Great damage, status chance, and damage avoidance.

Now for her problems. They're aren't many and they're not total deal breakers either but they are annoying. The cast time of Spellbind isn't the best so it can be a problem for spammy builds unless using Natural Talent. Tribute? Where do I start? I hate the cast time, the energy cost, the buff stacking, and the fact that Titania cannot even take advantage of the companion buff while in Razorwing. Lantern often causes the target to float away, outside the range of the CC effect essentially meaning you just wasted your energy for nothing. The collision mesh of Titania while she is in pixie mode is kinda wonky so running into door frames is a common occurrence.

Suggestions to fix these issues:

Tribute: Faster cast time, reduce # of casts to reach full effectiveness (currently 5 but 2 would be ideal), and reduced energy cost. Perhaps this skill could be changed to work similarly to her Spellbind: one cast targets multiple enemies and creates multiple pickups. This too would solve many issues associated with the skill.

Lantern: Simple. Create a tether from the targeted enemy to the ground to keep them from flying off.

Razorwing: Not a big problem but I simply wished that the butterflies didn't die so quickly. Perhaps making them invincible would fix this. But allowing them to deal damage, distract enemies, and be invincible may be too much for a single ability.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

4 hours ago, Scarmeow said:

[...] Titania cannot even take advantage of the companion buff while in Razorwing.

[...]

Razorwing: Not a big problem but I simply wished that the butterflies didn't die so quickly. Perhaps making them invincible would fix this. But allowing them to deal damage, distract enemies, and be invincible may be too much for a single ability.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Make the companion buff effect the butterflies. Maybe make refreshing the buff also restore butterflies or something. Or just make them tougher.

Giving Titania a vacuum effect or make your companion invisible and follow you when Razorwing is active will solve alot of problems with her.

Her Fullmoon buff and passive is also useless to her since you cant utilize it when in Razorwing and you always have to be in Razorwing for survivability.

Also buff the stats of Diwata.. The Dex Pixia is severely outshining it.