The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4785 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

On 10/29/2017 at 5:51 AM, SneakySnaky said:

Hello, thanks so much for the work you have done so far.
I played piano when I was little but.. I lost the touch years ago due to not practicing..
I find it so hard to adapt songs to octavia's mandachord, just spent all morning with no success whatsoever, feelsbadman.

I would like to request "Point of no return - Starset"

TBH I suck at piano, too, but I was always more into theory/composition than performance.

The original is in G Minor, but you can use the C Minor pentatonic to fit most of the chorus.  The bass line is perfect but you have fake something for the last note of the melody. Then just transpose up to D Minor for the Mandachord and you got this:

Point of No Return (Starset): Mandachord (Original)

On 10/29/2017 at 7:28 AM, Sforzando93 said:

Great thread! Much appreciation to all the work you put in to.

I too got a request. Do you think 'I Am A Prince' from the TV-show 'Lazy Town' is possible for Mandachord?

I tried to post just the link but idk how. :(

EDIT: Just the refrain of course.

I Am A Prince (Lazy Town): Mandachord (Original)

15 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Here's one I know the melody works for, but I just can't arrange well enough.

Waka Appears from Okami.

Just the main flute melody - it fits perfectly in the actual notes of the mandachord, I just can't set up the rest of it.

If you can get it done - thanks to the Mandachord Lord, savior of the musically illiterate.

Maybe your problem is the fact that it's in 3/4 time and the melody doesn't actually fit?  I can kind of fake something, but there are some high notes that are completely out of range.

Sometimes the key to getting a good bass part is to just listen for the lowest notes in the song and work from those.  In this case song is in E Minor and the lowest harp notes go E - E - B - B - G - G - A - B.  It's not hard to work out that those are the chord roots, but filling in more notes is hard because squeezing 3/4 into 4/4 really restricts your rhythm choices.

Since the original doesn't have any percussion at all, I just added something that sounded good out of context.

Waka Appears (Okami): Mandachord (Original)

Hey could you please make a version of this, preferably one with high frequency for a nice and easy to make buff :P also not sure which part of it I would prefer, so just to be extra difficult I thought I'd ask if you can make more than one version if it doesn't all natrually fit into one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geVYIHOat5o

neverending story

On 31/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, Buff00n said:

TBH I suck at piano, too, but I was always more into theory/composition than performance.

The original is in G Minor, but you can use the C Minor pentatonic to fit most of the chorus.  The bass line is perfect but you have fake something for the last note of the melody. Then just transpose up to D Minor for the Mandachord and you got this:

Point of No Return (Starset): Mandachord (Original)

Holy F*** thanks so much!!