Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glut of Mods in Warframe

MurderHoboDinosaur

Simply put, there are too many mods in warframe that are unused. From rapid resilience, to maximum ammo mods, we simply do not use them. Unless DE has a plan for mandatory mods, and compensation for removing people's entire builds made with forma, why not have 3 "exilus" slots for warframes?

And on top of that, Warframe exilus mod slots are a big let down, as mods such as equilibrium are not included! Tying in with this, mods go unused because we need them for more "important slots" so why not give them a buff, such as rapid resilience not only making status effects shorter, but also partly negating the status chance, notably slash and toxin?

There's really no way to avoid having "useless mods".

One pick is always going to be better than others when you have a limited setup.

I don't actually think the mod is to blame in many cases It's the weapon and/or enemies involved. Take Aksomati for instance. Awful max ammo and ammo economy. Yet. It has the DPS output to afford using a slot for Ammo Mutation. Just about no other weapon in the  game has this off-set.  If you put a utility mod on other weapons they will be inferior to other options. Another example would be Lightning Rod. I actually used this for T4 Void endurance runs on my Mesa as Nullifiers can seriously hurt her by lvl 150 at x4 damage but they changed Corrupted Nullifier damage from Electric to Puncture, so now that mod has no use for me.

They could go back and fix some mods by making them useful but it's more likely they will just add new ones to grind.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There's really no way to avoid having "useless mods".

One pick is always going to be better than others when you have a limited setup.

I don't actually think the mod is to blame in many cases It's the weapon and/or enemies involved. Take Aksomati for instance. Awful max ammo and ammo economy. Yet. It has the DPS output to afford using a slot for Ammo Mutation. Just about no other weapon in the  game has this off-set.  If you put a utility mod on other weapons they will be inferior to other options. Another example would be Lightning Rod. I actually used this for T4 Void endurance runs on my Mesa as Nullifiers can seriously hurt her by lvl 150 at x4 damage but they changed Corrupted Nullifier damage from Electric to Puncture, so now that mod has no use for me.

They could go back and fix some mods by making them useful but it's more likely they will just add new ones to grind.

Well with Carrier, ammo mutation doesnt have much worth. That's one more DPS mod.

But I know what you mean, some weapons and frames are able to be much more versatile than others.

Edited by Synpai

8 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Well with Carrier, ammo mutation doesnt have much worth. That's one more DPS mod.

Ammo Crate doesn't keep up with consistent use of Aksamati but that's another part of it's design is that you can choose to have ammo mutation and use it often or not use it as often but have greater damage when you do.

In the end I'm trying to point out that weapons with deficiencies in this game don't usually have any perks to make up for them so by trying to compensate for their faults with a utility mod you just make a crappier weapon by comparison.

<.< Glaxion.... same gun, same struggle. It should just shoot a field of ice and a wall secondary lol. Shoot mini blizzards. Something AOE.

Back on topic.

I do hope they decide to add a way to get utility without costing DPS, it's almost never worth the trade because 9/10 killing everything makes utility pointless. Even when it is worth the trade, it almost feels like it should be an innate effect (swap speed mods for example).

But I guess then it just makes the already strong weapons stronger, which I guess there's nothing to do about that since the game is based off of tiered weaponry.

5 hours ago, MurderHoboDinosaur said:

Simply put, there are too many mods in warframe that are unused. From rapid resilience

What is wrong with rapid resilience? In Kuva Fortress suvival it protects great from perma-slash pros, in high level infested it protects from almost perma toxin procs... and for most of the sorties it is very usefull. 

I've said this before a bunch of these mods would be better off if removed from the mod pool and turned into passives in the various focus trees. But it would take DE some time to figure out how to balance the focus system (they need to do that at some point anyway).

I would much rather have a flame repellent passive (in a focus tree it thematically fits) over ANY of the powers or effects that the operator uses on that CD. I know the example of flame repellent falls under damage mitigation but DE could make each of the focus tress desirable for different things. 

Edited by LazyKnight

I use Max ammo capacity mods sometimes but oo is correct,  there are a number of mods that don't get used unless by players who are just starting out.

I used warm coat once as a noob and saw instantly how useless this mod was. I similarly very quickly realized that the 30% ips mods are garbage.  This is like in the first two weeks of playing this game.  Similarly for the 15%status chance  mods.  The bonus is so small I knew they were bad before owning or even knowing about the dual stat mods.

I think the exilus slot system on warframes was really good until they released drift mods. Exilus slot was meant for utility mods and while some more mods could have been shifted into the category (equilibrium) the system worked really well. I used mobility mods in the slot and occasionally master thief.  Drift mods killed the exilus slot by having what are deemed mandatory bonuses to stats like power strength,  range and casting speed.  If not for these mods which became the mandatory exilus mods,  the system would have been fine.

3 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Drift mods killed the exilus slot by having what are deemed mandatory bonuses to stats like power strength,  range and casting speed.  If not for these mods which became the mandatory exilus mods,  the system would have been fine.

Those Drift mods are far from mandatory Exilus mods. You'll get more value out of a straight parkour mod than a 15% increase to whatever stat. That's about like op saying Rapid Resilience is useless when in fact it's very useful.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc