Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the preferred/best nekros prime build?

(PSN)scourge_00

Question

11 answers to this question

for me at least: 7LNSlmj.jpg

I add hirudo for healing fists and a survival built carrier for easy health orb pickup and you will be decently tanky and rarely have to worry about power... and you can (soul)punch allies to revive them

... and if you want something more out of this... I'd say constitution, soul survival, and shield of shadows (you will lose some tankyness but he will never be a full tank and you will still be pretty capable of surviving) are your first options to cut out of the build.

Edited by KlutzMeister

26 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

build your nekros for desecrate skill

Despoil.

Aaand you're done, now what are you going to use the rest of your Mod slots for? :P

FWIW, this is my general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Stretch
Primed Continuity, Vitality
Equilibrium, Despoil
Shield of Shadows, Creeping Terrify

Yep. Triple Augment build. Because I can.

It's awesome fight me

You may want to add more Strength and / or Health Conversion for better tanking
(e.g. drop Transient and Creeping for Blind Rage and Streamline)
but really, with that (no longer horrificly annoying) Terrify CC,
you'll take quite a few less hits and can protect your Squad better so ... eh, good enough.
[Zenurik helps keep up Shadows while there's a downtime in enemies crashing against the eternal shore Bonedaddy.]

I build my nekros for both tanking and desecrating. I use Shield of Shadows and always get a minimum of 214% power strength (90% damage reduction with Shield of Shadows). Beyond that, I pick up Equilibrium, Despoil and cram what little I can into power duration and range. Being able to tank while desecrating gives you more freedom to fight and take damage while using Equilibrium to restore your HP and energy to keep your shadows alive.

If you want some third-party lifesteal, I recommend Hirudo since it's truly the best for sustain. The next best option, which is really good if you're also farming with him, is to get a melee weapon with high slash like Galatine Prime with unranked Life Strike modded. The slash will help chop bodies up into multiple pieces so you can desecrate the same corpse more than once.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Here's my two forma build:

Corrosive Projection (most useful most of the time, you can really put anything here)

Power Drift (could be Cunning Drift but Stretch is plenty of range)

Primed Continuity, Intensify, Shield of Shadows - buffs your Shadows and damage reduction for long farming sessions, for short sessions like an Argon Crystal farm, I don't even cast SoS

Despoil, Health Conversion, Stretch, Streamline - Despoil makes you energy independent for Desecrate looting while constantly draining tiny amounts of health.  This tiny amount of health loss lets you pick up health orbs and build health conversion armor stacks before enemies actually start to damage you. 

Streamline reduces the amount of health loss. If you wanted to cut Streamline for another augment or Natural Talent, it won't affect the build much.   If you don't use Zenurik, I would use Equilibrium instead of Streamline but that will cost you another forma.

Vitality - for health

You don't want Rejuvenation or any other incremental healing like Hirudo or Life Strike on Nekros because it will interfere with your ability to get Health Conversion armor stacks.  If your health is full, you can't pick up health orbs.

I use a special Nekros build for endo farming in Rathuum (Sedna Arena).  Loot Detector and all the range and armor mods I can fit on, plus Despoil and Health Conversion.  Here you do want Hirudo with a standard Blood Rush/Crit build because the executioners hit so hard you need constant life gain.  

for basically every build, the first mod you use is despoil.

What you put on past that is up to you.

Personally, I run with a blind rage on for extra strength(the only thing I ever use my energy on as nekros is shield of shadows, so energy isn't a problem), and I would run with a health conversion and equilibrium mod on, if I ever bother to max equilibrium/get health conversion. Other mods that I consider a staple are vitality and shield of shadows.

But of course, depending on what you want to get out of nekros, you could want to max range(for a more effective corpse frisker) or duration(so that you don't need to stop and refresh your shadows)

3 hours ago, (PS4)scourge_00 said:

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered a million times but I figured I'd ask anyways in case things have changed

This is what I run.

Highest I've taken it is Sortie 3 and the Gift of the Lotus Survival this weekend and it's handled all that well enough.

In the Survival, people were going down all around me but with the Shadows out I had no problems at all.

I was, however, moving around a lot but did face tank damage from time to time too just because I could =p

It comes in both Primed and non-Primed flavors, haha

Spoiler

136E2BF4F9913DC129318F842AD4C34BEAAF524F (1680×1050)5A64D8E37584D5C2297D30C9E9A746FCACC28484 (1680×1050)

Also, might keep in mind that weapons weighted towards Slash Damage are preferable for him too. Since it usually means more body parts to Desecrate which in turn, of course, means loot for days!

And, one reason I don't run Stretch or another high range boosting mod is because for me Desecrate seems to have plenty of range and if people are outside of shared affinity range doing stuff then shame on them and so no bonus loot.

Plus it's easy to move around a lot anyhow.

And when I move very far I usually use that as an opportunity to refresh Shadows which will not only top them off but also move them to you. 

Cheers!
~R~

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)IAmBlueBeetle said:

Dude your Nekros is almost better than your prime.

Heh, I actually prefer the look of regular-Nekros' Shadows over the Prime's, so that's pretty much why.

I wanted to just be able to pick either one depending on my mood. ;-)

Non-Prime got the -polarity to use CP when we were doing "Void stuff" but with all the changes and new Auras since then, I wanted to keep Prime more flexible.