Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Picking a bow for ivara?

CelticMoss

Question

Cernos prime looks great but kind of the same as her 4 but worse scaling

Rakta cernos looks nice but you will be shoving a speed mod that will be useless on it

Paris prime meh looks like you put a shield on a bow but you can put a pen mod on it but it's also one of the worst bows you can pick

Dread idk i kind of hate how it looks but hey it's the best bow

Edited by CelticMoss

17 answers to this question

Not sure what you mean about the speed mod on the Rakta Cernos...it's not like you have to put a speed mod on it, and if you do put one on, it's a dps increase.

The Dryad bow skin that comes with the Oberon deluxe skin set can go on any bow, including the Dread, and the Paris has an additional five skins, three of which are obtainable as I type this. 

Also, unless you are doing endurance runs of endless mission types, every single bow (yes, even the MK1 Paris), when properly modded, is viable for the whole star chart, so pick the one you like, and stop meta obsessing.

Just now, sh00chu said:

Not sure what you mean about the speed mod on the Rakta Cernos...it's not like you have to put a speed mod on it, and if you do put one on, it's a dps increase.

The Dryad bow skin that comes with the Oberon deluxe skin set can go on any bow, including the Dread, and the Paris has an additional five skins, three of which are obtainable as I type this. 

Also, unless you are doing endurance runs of endless mission types, every single bow (yes, even the MK1 Paris), when properly modded, is viable for the whole star chart, so pick the one you like, and stop meta obsessing.

I only play endless so yes it matters and dps isn't everything

Just now, CelticMoss said:

That doesn't really explain what you mean about a speed mod on the Rakta. I didn't say dps is everything, I said that a speed mod will increase dps. In endless missions like you say you are playing, dps is pretty worthless. You are looking for spiky damage or specialized damage. The Rakta puts out nearly the same spike damage as the Dread, but with an inferior damage type with impact. The Dread also has that nasty bleed proc which will quickly kill just about anything. However, I think the Rakta makes up for it with the utility it brings from its syndicate proc. Halving the health of everything in range, plus the energy restore and speed boost are nothing to sneeze at. One last thing worth noting is that the Paris vs. Grineer should not be underestimated with the 50% bonus damage against pretty much the entire faction.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:29 AM, CelticMoss said:

If that really is the case, then the Rakta Cernos is the only bow you should be looking at for Ivara.  Why, because Ivara needs ways to regain energy during Prowl.  Rakta Cernos with it's synd procs is one of the very few ways for her to regain energy during Prowl.  Energy that you will need during endless missions with Ivara.  

It doesn't need a speed mod at all.  I use it all the time and don't have a speed mod on it.  It works just fine that way even when switching to Artemis Bow.

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

I used to always use ratka cernos with her but because Im a dippy bugger I kept setting off alarms with its syndicate farts, so Ive taken to using dread with her and it does just fine. I do miss the speed of ratka though (which is why the OP baffles me but to each their own) I don't ever find myself running low on energy really, if I hit a tough spot I just cloak instead of prowl and refill that way for a little bit. (not long with zenurik)

If you're trying to make use of her 4th ability then I prefer Dread as the bow itself plays well with a fire rate mod attached and using that ability without fire rate is really annoying.

Otherwise I'd prolly still use Dread. Since I run an Energize on Ivara the Rakta energy proc means nothing and it's very poor against armor but Rakta is more of an option with a utility setup since Rakta tends to have a better kill rate outside heavy units.

@CelticMoss

Did we ever find out why you want a Bow specifically?

if you want to use Artemis Bow it is affected by standard Rifle mods (so just not Sniper and Assault Rifle specific mods).

If it's for RP reasons then I guess whatever bow you like the look of.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:29 AM, CelticMoss said:

For this, if you do want an actual bow I think Dread, slash is very nice.
Already said but Rakta Cernos is always a good choice because of that energy restore proc and you don't need a shot speed mod.
*all this does for Artemis is alter the angle of the spread faster, not the draw of her bow. If you want to shoot Artemis Bow faster you want a reload speed mod.

Paris Prime is ok, if you can get a Riven it's pretty well on par with the other 2. 
- the Puncture damage works better against armored targets.

One of my own weapons of choice for her is the Zhuge.
Sure it's a crossbow but it is technically a Bow (Bow sorties only says so!)
It's innately silent and can totally benefit from the same mods as Artemis.

If you don't really "need" a bow then you can just slap a Hush mod on a weapon you like and make full use of that.
One of my other weapons of choice for her is the Ferrox.  It packs a punch and his high crit. It does lack a lot of fire rate and status though so could be a bit awkward to use on scaling endless. 
That said Bows experience pretty much the same problem though, so...

Anyhow, hope there is some helpful info there.

Cheers.
~R~

I'm pretty sure the speed mod the op speaks of is for Artemis bow.  Its draw is really slow without a fire rate mod on your primary.  

To the op:

if you're looking for Artemis bow, pick the one you like to look at and mod for the stats on Artemis bow.  Personally, I think the daiku would look pretty ba with ivara.

If you're looking for prowl, ratka cernos. The energy aoe helps you stay in is much longer.  

I don't usually use bows with navigator, just cause I suck at steering it.  I use orvius instead, but the one I would go with here is the dread.  Piercing navigator could make the dread very powerful, and not to mention the possible slash procs.    

Why not considering:

Ogris, Tonkor, Torid (Good use of the extra damage, especially when you're combining it with noise arrow. Ogris and Torid can even set something like dot patches. Be aware of the Tonkor multishots tho...you become invisible, not invulnerable while navigator is on.)

Miter, Lanka (Both got nice punch trough and status. Lanka especially shines with the elemental base! Buffed gas/electric proccs for days)

Bows in this game are essencially shotguns. The Infinte punch trough of a single arrow is hardly worth it in my oppinion.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

35 minutes ago, Desperado14 said:

I'm pretty sure the speed mod the op speaks of is for Artemis bow.  Its draw is really slow without a fire rate mod on your primary.

Artemis Bow doesn't really have any draw.  All the charge does is change it from vertical to horizontal.  Fire rate mods effect that.  You can fire Artemis Bow vertically as fast as you can pull the trigger.  I think only reload speed mods would effect how fast you can fire it , but I'm not exactly sure on that one.  

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Artemis Bow doesn't really have any draw.  All the charge does is change it from vertical to horizontal.  Fire rate mods effect that.  You can fire Artemis Bow vertically as fast as you can pull the trigger.  I think only reload speed mods would effect how fast you can fire it , but I'm not exactly sure on that one.  

This.

It seems rather counter-intuitive but: 
 "Charged attacks will only reorient Artemis Bow's arrow spread and will confer no changes to projectile flight speed or damage.
  Charging speed is affected by fire rate mods."

I'm not seeing anything on the wiki but I'm sure I've heard that Reload Speed affects the Fire Rate of Artemis Bow and it certainly seems to work.
 at 30% it's not a huge difference so maybe I'm fooling myself, but if it does work that's better than nothing.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:54 AM, CelticMoss said:

Paris prime meh looks like you put a shield on a bow but you can put a pen mod on it but it's also one of the worst bows you can pick

Actually, Paris Prime is one of the best bows for solo play, being that it has a damage bonus against armor that Dread does not. Of course, both are powerful enough that it almost doesn't matter, it's worth noting. 

Ivara's Artemis bow is also puncture-based, which means that every mod you can put on Paris Prime benefits her ult, whereas Dread and Rakta/Cernos/Prime have things that simply don't overlap with the ability at all. 

By no means is the Paris Prime among the worst bows you can pick. That's just 4x CP meta-heads talking. It's one of the best bows in Warframe. 

If you plan to go on full 4th skill,

best go with paris prime.

the energy issue you can awlays solve it with pizza ( energy disk )

the 4th skill is

Base damage distribution is 14% Impact, 80% Puncture, and 6% Slash.

Base damage is affected by Power Strength, while the damage multiplier and the number of arrows are not.

Artemis Bow is also affected by equipped bow mods and rifle mods including:

Base damage (e.g., Rifle Amp), physical damage, elemental damage, fire rate (e.g., Speed Trigger), multishot (e.g., Split Chamber), punch through, critical damage, critical chance, and status chance mods.

Artemis Bow's damage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength:

Modified Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength).

For example, with both Serration and Intensify, each arrow will deal 160 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.3) = 551.2 damage.

Since it is 80% puncture, the piercing caliber will significantly add their dmg