Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist & Caustacyst primary

Zephyrinius_

Hi there, 

I was wondering what people would think of a primary version to go along with the Embolist infested pistol and Caustacyst infested scythe. I have an idea for a mechanic that while not unique to the game but unique to weapons, that I feel would give it an edge as a weapon, (Plus I'd like the set to be completed). It should fit the theme of the pistol and scythe in terms of design and name and the mechanic would be something like Saryns Spores for an ult fire, a target is hit by a spore that grows as the weapon fires its infested ordnance at the target and slowly engulfing the target until death or upon reaching a certain size, erupts, spreading the spore to nearby enemies. The spore will slow enemies and reduce their accuracy as it saps their life away. I'm not too sure of a name for it, if you can think of one let me know.

PS First time posting a concept, excuse any over the top parts.

9 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

There is one already and it's called Paracyst

The paracyst has "cyst" on it's name but is not include into the Embolist familly and dont follow the same design, even if it still an infested weapon.

3 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

There are a bunch of infested primary weapons. Not sure how you set the Embolist and Caustacyst apart in their own pile. There's Hema, Torid, Synapse, Phage....

Mainly because they've been given their own set, fit the same design theme, name theme. The same could be said for other groups of weapons like the Boltor family, they're set apart from others due to design and theme. I'm just asking the same for this incomplete set.

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

There are a bunch of infested primary weapons. Not sure how you set the Embolist and Caustacyst apart in their own pile. There's Hema, Torid, Synapse, Phage....

Yeah, there aren't really any differences between infested weapons. They are all fleshy and weird. 

The Ohma and Ferrox are definitely in the.... Quaro? Yeah, I'll say the Quaro Family of Corpus Weapons. They have similar design aspects. 

Most infested weapons just look like fleshy versions of other weapons, with mechanic and damage changes. 

Oh, and Hi, Grey. 

50 minutes ago, BlueLTO said:

Yeah, there aren't really any differences between infested weapons. They are all fleshy and weird. 

The Ohma and Ferrox are definitely in the.... Quaro? Yeah, I'll say the Quaro Family of Corpus Weapons. They have similar design aspects. 

Most infested weapons just look like fleshy versions of other weapons, with mechanic and damage changes. 

Oh, and Hi, Grey. 

Hey, what's up!

Yeah, there are definitely some weapons that fall into neat categories, like the Tigris/Akjagara/Redeemer and Soma/Aksomati/Dual Raza, but I've never seen any kind of subgroupings within the infested weapons.

I didn't catch the similarities between the Ohma and Ferrox before, but now that you mention it, I think you're right. I guess Grinlok/Marelok are also kind of a thing? I'd like to see them expand the weapon families more, like a Quaro secondary and a melee to go with the Grinlok/Marelok.

13 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Hey, what's up!

Yeah, there are definitely some weapons that fall into neat categories, like the Tigris/Akjagara/Redeemer and Soma/Aksomati/Dual Raza, but I've never seen any kind of subgroupings within the infested weapons.

I didn't catch the similarities between the Ohma and Ferrox before, but now that you mention it, I think you're right. I guess Grinlok/Marelok are also kind of a thing? I'd like to see them expand the weapon families more, like a Quaro secondary and a melee to go with the Grinlok/Marelok.

Actually, there are. It's mainly by the base color scheme and the weapon's effects more than anything but they do exist. Hema and Hirudo are the "Nidus" set(I personally count Phage as part of this set as well), Embolist and Caustasyst are the "Acid" set, Torid bears more than a few similarities to the Illiac armor set, Mutualist Cernos and Lesion are the "Inaros" set.

6 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Actually, there are. It's mainly by the base color scheme and the weapon's effects more than anything but they do exist. Hema and Hirudo are the "Nidus" set(I personally count Phage as part of this set as well), Embolist and Caustasyst are the "Acid" set, Torid bears more than a few similarities to the Illiac armor set, Mutualist Cernos and Lesion are the "Inaros" set.

Not exactly... a set usually keeps a melee, secondary, and a primary. 

Like the Lacera/Rubico/Talons. 

Being released with a frame doesn't cut it for me. Those are more supportive weapons that suit the frame (somewhat).

It makes sense for a full set needed to make a weapon family. Armor is a bonus. 

Weapons released with frames... thats not the same. 

Not to me, at least.