Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid. Before and after

(XBOX)Oussii

1st: 20~ waves is irrelevant as pretty much anything with some work in it can dominate it. 2nd: number of kills means NOTHING. 3rd: mean people say its dead they mena against real enemies, level 50 map trash is not what most are talking about.

Any thing wiht some forma and good mods can do this, even more so on mirage. while people talk up how bad it is now it is still a major nerf. Not quite Telos Boltace bad, but its trash

First: what map was this? The synoid still dominates infested especially with mirage.

Second, the weapon got hit with an approx 90-95% damage decrease while mirage has the ability to "compensate" that. Saying its not a bad nerf is like using the tysis with max power strenght octavia and clarifying its a good pistol.

Third i can do the same result with an incompetent team but that does not mean my weapons are the best, it only means that i know how to use them.

8 minutes ago, Tailion said:

1st: 20~ waves is irrelevant as pretty much anything with some work in it can dominate it. 2nd: number of kills means NOTHING. 3rd: mean people say its dead they mena against real enemies, level 50 map trash is not what most are talking about.

Any thing wiht some forma and good mods can do this, even more so on mirage. while people talk up how bad it is now it is still a major nerf. Not quite Telos Boltace bad, but its trash

It is not a trash, yesterday on survival against infested on Kuva fortress (alert) level 40, the synoid was killing perfectly

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

First: what map was this? The synoid still dominates infested especially with mirage.

Second, the weapon got hit with an approx 90-95% damage decrease while mirage has the ability to "compensate" that. Saying its not a bad nerf is like using the tysis with max power strenght octavia and clarifying its a good pistol.

Third i can do the same result with an incompetent team but that does not mean my weapons are the best, it only means that i know how to use them.

Map was akkad

My stacck was around 3600 now it is 650

But my magnetic damage was 1900 now it is 2900

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Map was akkad I was sure of it

My stacck was around 3600 now it is 650 pretty harsh

But my magnetic damage was 1900 now it is 2900 are you sure you havent put in a new mod or upgraded one? The patch notes dont say anykind of damage buff happened apart from the +100 explosion damage

Akkad and the other dark sectors are the easiest maps. Mirage with the simulor dominates them with ease.

Due to it's lack of self damage and high range when detonating the orb, it's pretty much the best and safest launcher....against low level enemies especially infested. Against actual enemies that won't die by a short sneeze, it's pretty much the most inferior launcher after ogris.

Edited by IceColdHawk

7 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Due to it's lack of self damage and high range when detonating the orb, it's pretty much the best and safest launcher....against low level enemies especially infested. Against actual enemies that won't die by a short sneeze, it's pretty much the most inferior launcher.

*Saryn sneezes on Mars* *Small colony of grineer are wiped out* 

17 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Akkad and the other dark sectors are the easiest maps. Mirage with the simulor dominates them with ease.

Yes i am sure i did not change any mod.  Also my status went up to 93.9%

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

11 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Due to it's lack of self damage and high range when detonating the orb, it's pretty much the best and safest launcher....against low level enemies especially infested. Against actual enemies that won't die by a short sneeze, it's pretty much the most inferior launcher.

Still taking it to the void against corpus to farm ferrite 

Well this doesnt really proves anything. Simulor always struggled with higher levels. Still does after the nerf. When I say higher levels. I mean around level 100 and upwards. I still have all 90% elemental mods. I havent put any dual stats in to help the status chance so I dont know if the increase status on it helps it later on down the line

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Still taking it to the void against corpus to farm ferrite 

My point was that it's WAY weaker now considering in order to get the most damage out, you gotta detonate fully stacked orbs. It just takes too much time to do considerate amounts of dps. I'm not saying it's unplayable for the casual gaming. I wouldn't ever bring it into sorties again though. Not without any sort of damage buff.

Edited by IceColdHawk

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Yes i am sure i did not change any mod.  Also my status went up to 93.9%

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4.
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack).
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75.

These are the official changes.

They buffed the status chance and increased the alt fire explosion damage to 300. This weapon is maybe useful now till you hit lv60 enemies.

Just now, FireSegment said:

Yup, it's not that much of a nerf, they just shift it from spam to kill to detonate to kill

Yep, 90-95% damage decrease on stack damage and 40% buff on explosion damage is not a big nerf. All i need now is to use up 25 shots to deal with sortie level enemies oh and now we have 75 max ammo.*sarcasm*

52 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Can't quote the comments you made on your quote, but you clearly didn't read the patch if you really think that "The patch notes dont say anykind of damage buff happened apart from the +100 explosion damage".

I brought Mirage Synoid to Hyena's Sortie, just to test it in real conditions (without waiting for 200 hours of Survival). And it still wrecks everything.

Its Critical chance nerf (5% now) kinda brought it slightly below other weapons for random Warframes. But it still a goddamn fine weapon with Mirage because 500% damage increase, y'know.

Edited by Chewarette

36 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

My point was that it's WAY weaker now considering in order to get the most damage out, you gotta detonate fully stacked orbs. It just takes too much time to do considerate amounts of dps. I'm not saying it's unplayable for the casual gaming. I wouldn't ever bring it into sorties again though. Not without any sort of damage buff.

I still take it to sortie  infested and corpus 

15 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Yep, 90-95% damage decrease on stack damage and 40% buff on explosion damage is not a big nerf. All i need now is to use up 25 shots to deal with sortie level enemies oh and now we have 75 max ammo.*sarcasm*

and that mean u still got like 70-80% of the old dps when use correctly,  if it took u 25 orb of current synoid then it may be took u 18-21 orb in old one anyway

eidt: im speaking about the weap alone, not using with mirage, and it's pretty much welocme change to nerf the effective of the combo anyway

Edited by FireSegment

16 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Earlier i had 1900 magnetic damage. Now it is 2900+

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

20 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

And except for maybe the 1st sortie, take ages to kill. 

Why is everyone is saying that

Yesterday i took it to the assassination of the hyena pack (sortie 3)  and it worked fine.

My build is working fine with infested and corpus, and yes i detonate the orbs, i used to do that since day 1

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

10 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Can't quote the comments you made on your quote, but you clearly didn't read the patch if you really think that "The patch notes dont say anykind of damage buff happened apart from the +100 explosion damage".

I brought Mirage Synoid to Hyena's Sortie, just to test it in real conditions (without waiting for 200 hours of Survival). And it still wrecks everything.

Its Critical chance nerf (5% now) kinda brought it slightly below other weapons for random Warframes. But it still a goddamn fine weapon with Mirage because 500% damage increase, y'know.

I know that it still rocks in the hands of mirage but thats all. If you dont have any strong damage buffer in the team it deal pathetic damage.

3 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

and that mean u still got like 60-75% of the old dps when use correctly,  if it took u 25 orb of current synoid then it may be took u 16-19 orb in old one anyway

With the old simulor i needed one fully stacked orb to deal 1000 damage, thats 4 orbs merged.

The new simulor needs 5 fully stacked orbs to deal 1000 damage thats 20 orbs merged. Without mirage that means you used up 30% of your total ammo to deal the same damage as the old one.

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I know that it still rocks in the hands of mirage but thats all. If you dont have any strong damage buffer in the team it deal pathetic damage.

With the old simulor i needed one fully stacked orb to deal 1000 damage, thats 4 orbs merged.

The new simulor needs 5 fully stacked orbs to deal 1000 damage thats 20 orbs merged. Without mirage that means you used up 30% of your total ammo to deal the same damage as the old one.

Wow you really didn't understand the change then. A 3-stack manual detonation still crits for more than 25k damage. Plus, the big Status it has now gives it some serious control/debuff if you don't detonate your orbs (Magnetic Corrosive Explosive Simulor is still the key).

Edited by Chewarette

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Why is everyone is sayinng that

Because it is true.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Yesterday i took it to the assassination of the hyena pack (sortie 3)  and it worked fine.

Just went with a friend, as lokis with a maxed s. simulor. We almost went out of ammo. So unless you had some good dmg buffs or teammate carrying you, i can't buy that, sorry.

19 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

A 3-stack manual detonation still crits for more than 25k damage

You mean the stealth-nerfed crit chance of 5%? Yeah, i'm sure it frequently crits enough.

Edited by IceColdHawk