Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Nerf That Slipped as a "Fix"

(PSN)TertulSee

3 minutes ago, -VV-william said:

ground finisher and finisher from the front do shot the gun

Then chances are you've probably been seen, In which case anything close enough to hear you can also more then likely see you and is alerted. Meaning your only option to maintain stealth is kill everything fast.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

Then chances are you've probably been seen, In which case anything close enough to hear you can also more then likely see you and is alerted. Meaning your only option to maintain stealth is kill everything fast.

dunno haven't use redeemer in a long time, just mentioning it was possible

6 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

It was probably intended as a fix. Also, the stealth finisher doesn't shoot the gun, so I'm not seeing the issue.

Stop with the paranoia.

I'm not mad about the "Fix" at all. I'm mad at the fact that they labeled it as a "Fix" without any emphasis or anything. At least label it in bold. Put it as a direct nerf if they want to be very specific. They just make this hot fix out of the blue without even letting Console players know. Let's admit that people usually skim through the Console patch notes. Not everyone uses YouTube to get this information and I think there should be more of an emphasis on these "Fixes" because they affect the way people use the weapon. Used it several times in stealth and me not knowing this may lead to confusion.

That's a fix because it was "Silent" due to its Melee nature, even though this function is technically a firearm.

That would be a nerf if they added an Alarming noise to the melee strike.

Stop qualifying every change as "Nerf" please, millenials.

Edited by Chewarette

27 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I'm not mad about the "Fix" at all. I'm mad at the fact that they labeled it as a "Fix" without any emphasis or anything. At least label it in bold. Put it as a direct nerf if they want to be very specific. They just make this hot fix out of the blue without even letting Console players know. Let's admit that people usually skim through the Console patch notes. Not everyone uses YouTube to get this information and I think there should be more of an emphasis on these "Fixes" because they affect the way people use the weapon. Used it several times in stealth and me not knowing this may lead to confusion.

But it is a fix. As it was not intended to be silent. Whether or not that is considered a nerf by some is kinda moot. The patch notes are our main source of info, for all platforms. They generally wont let people know before hand unless its something that is actually a big deal and is likely to cause a lot of debate. If you don;t check the notes, that's on you. Being confused for a few minuets till you look it up wont be the end of the world.

Please release a silencermod to the Redeemer if the firingsound should be there. I would happily use both a silencermod and a "physical" silencer on the barrel of my Redeemer to get it back to the old way =)

7 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I'm not mad about the "Fix" at all. I'm mad at the fact that they labeled it as a "Fix" without any emphasis or anything.

I doubt it was considered as a balance pass. The most likely case is they didn't have the code to give it sound when they first introduced it and someone finally added it. 

The redeemer was a bit broken till the release. Let's be honest. A gunblade that crits, deals a moderate amount of damage and was silent.

I'm a bit disappointed cause the "Fix" , like is called now, was released months past the launch of the weapon.
Now the redeemer is just nerfed, compared to how it was 2 days ago. 
A fix is something that is released to patch an error.And usually from the discovery of the error to the fix does not take much time.More than 2 years to discover and fix this? This is a game balance to the redeemer. 

BTW, other than the poor use of the word there is no problem.

The greatest thing that DE can do now is just release a "silencer" mod for the gunblade type weapons (and maybe fix the sarpa, don't use it but heard some people complain on how it works now).
So who was used to go stealth with the gunblade could be able to continue doing it.

15 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hushed_Invisibility

Since you lot are probably already using it on Loki anyway

Had forgotten about that... but that means I need to tweak Loki to pull another mod... which may be painful for the Radiating Disarm build >.>

15 hours ago, RacerDelux said:

The only issue I have with this fix is that there are NO silence mods for melee weapons. This means you can NEVER use this weapon for stealth unless using a warframe that silences weapons.

Yep, that's the frustrating part for the gunblades =/

15 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Had forgotten about that... but that means I need to tweak Loki to pull another mod... which may be painful for the Radiating Disarm build >.>

I keep two mod setups as Loki: one for range and Irradiating Disarm, and another for duration and Hushed Invis.

I wouldn't personally say one is better than the other. Rather, you take the right tool for the job as the situation demands

26 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

I keep two mod setups as Loki: one for range and Irradiating Disarm, and another for duration and Hushed Invis.

I wouldn't personally say one is better than the other. Rather, you take the right tool for the job as the situation demands

Part of me wants to do a blended build.... but I'm not sure if that's going to work out that well as a crapton of duration on Irradiating Disarm is really good =D

It was bound to happen eventually. I mean it is after all a loud *BOOM* when you squeeze the trigger to use the shotgun... if you want it to keep it's stealthiness use a Loki with the augment to keep shots silent when cloaked, or use a Banshee due to her passive ability.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco
spelling

5 hours ago, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

It was bound to happen eventually. I mean it is after all a loud *BOOM* when you squeeze the trigger to use the shotgun... if you want it to keep it's stealthiness use a Loki with the augment to keep shots silent when cloaked, or use a Banshee due to her passive ability.

2 hours ago, Helljack84 said:

I always assumed it was silent due to it's deafening noise. 

2 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

There's a malicious intent behind every hotfix since U7

1 hour ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

As a redeemer user I fail to see the problem. If you need a silent heavy hitting weapon grab a bow. 

None of you read my second comment.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

None of you read my second comment.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

The Redeemer now make noise when firing. *facepalm and sigh*. This isn't too terrible but still, how am I supposed to use it for any type of stealth? The finisher shoots the gun you know.

Well aware the finisher is a trigger pull, but I will say use a Loki or Banshee to remedy the silent issue. Otherwise I doubt DE would redo the finisher for Redeemer and Sarpa to be silent as it seems fair that you get a gun attached to a sword to use at your own risk.