Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I don't feel like doing sorties anymore

Sannidor

Sorties are the only "endgame" missions outside of endless survival runs. They were acceptable as a placeholder or something to mod and improve rather quickly.

This did not happen. I've seen pretty much every variety of Sortie mission, they seem to repeat even more recently or maybe it's me getting tired.

On top of repetition there's reward issue - no matter what consolation prizes will become, there are only two types: Riven mod and "not a Riven mod".

It's time to refresh Sorties - give it a token system, new mission types, exclusive enemies, challenging restrictions.

My daily routine will soon shift from: "login> hello clan>  Kuva Flood (maybe), sorties" to "login, Alt+F4"

6G0vAgV.jpg

yeah the way the rewards are handled does need some work... I don't want to get the same reward 2 or more days in a row. 

I'm also finding it funny that riven mods are meant to be the easiest item to win according to the drop table yet I seem to get more endo and ayatan (I class these two as the same too like a lot of people)

pretty sure we had spy/rescue combo quite a few times recently

But yeah I don't even care about the reward anymore. I'm not mad about not getting rivens or always getting ayatan. For me sortie reset is at 11am so I just do it cause I know I have something to do at that time. : /

I've also made a token system thread but I don't want to go digging it up, plus that other guy already linked his.

4 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

pretty sure we had spy/rescue combo quite a few times recently

Yeah I noticed there has been a LOT of spy focused sorties of late...a lot more than there used to be at least.  It's almost like they've seen players don't like spy sorties much (I know I don't) and stick them in there so we don't do sorties lol

You know what I really liked about WoW, and what kept me playing it for so many years? (until I kind of got fed up with having to learn how to play my class all over again every expansion, and the 2nd job of running a garrison on just one character).

I could set myself a goal, and work towards it.  RNG never presented an insurmountable barrier towards getting what I ultimately wanted.  It was never at the kind of level where it put the prospect of success so far away that you just couldn't see it ever happening.

Sure, the route could end up being a convoluted, multi-step mess, as I worked my way through several nested pre-requirements, but that just kept things interesting.  And all I was doing while paying a subscription throughout the Warlords of Draenor expansion, was collecting pets!

For just one pet I spent around 3 months doing one of the old raids every week (after a huge quest chain to get to that point).

Now compare that to sorties.  They suck because you are never given any feeling that you are making progress towards anything other than overwhelming frustration.

Couple that with the mind-numbingly monotonous kuva farms to re-roll rivens, and Warframe has some of the worst RNG grind in gaming.

If you want people to log in every day, make each day feel like it counts towards something (other than the log-in rewards), even if it's just a little bit of progress.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I noticed there has been a LOT of spy focused sorties of late...a lot more than there used to be at least.  It's almost like they've seen players don't like spy sorties much (I know I don't) and stick them in there so we don't do sorties lol

By the way, is it too much to ask for spy Sorties giving standard spy rewards? I always do them flawlessy on auto pilot.

Call me greedy or maybe you don't care at that point? :clap::awkward:

4 minutes ago, polarity said:

You know what I really liked about WoW, and what kept me playing it for so many years? (until I kind of got fed up with having to learn how to play my class all over again every expansion, and the 2nd job of running a garrison on just one character).

I could set myself a goal, and work towards it.  RNG never presented an insurmountable barrier towards getting what I ultimately wanted.  It was never at the kind of level where it put the prospect of success so far away that you just couldn't see it ever happening.

Sure, the route could end up being a convoluted, multi-step mess, as I worked my way through several nested pre-requirements,

*flashback of BC attunement chart*

*shivers*

"FK yeah! I did it!"

Now compare that to sorties.  They suck because you are never given any feeling that you are making progress towards anything other than overwhelming frustration.

And let's not forget that Sorties don't have actual difficulty, just inflated enemy levels and BS modifiers that usually don't make any sense (you can't use anything other than bows, for some reason)

Couple that with the mind-numbingly monotonous kuva farms to re-roll rivens, and Warframe has some of the worst RNG grind in gaming.

heh, I've seen worse.

35 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

By the way, is it too much to ask for spy Sorties giving standard spy rewards? I always do them flawlessy on auto pilot.

Call me greedy or maybe you don't care at that point? :clap::awkward:

Actually I'd likely do spy sorties more if they included 'harder to get' rewards (even 1 would be a bonus) like ivara and xiphos parts (my rng for these is a pain) or the missing mods which are shown in codex but not available anywhere else like those from the mutalist incursion event. 

36 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

And let's not forget that Sorties don't have actual difficulty, just inflated enemy levels and BS modifiers that usually don't make any sense (you can't use anything other than bows, for some reason)

This is so true... the first time I did a sortie I was like... level 100 is going to be really hard and then when I'd finished it I was like really thats it....

Isn't this going to happen no matter what content is added? If new "end game" material is added every 6 months and you run that content non stop 24/7 you will just once again have all the things and have done all the things in a week, and be back here with the same complaint.

Its a F2P game, now WoW with a $15 a month pricing policy, I'm not exactly sure why there is an expectation that DE should work it the same.

If a new player starts an account today, they literally have many hundreds of hours of things to do, regardless of any "end game" being present, and most games only have "hundreds of hours" of content, and not "thousands", and the only people that stay is the ones that can tolerate the "core" gameplay for long periods, and the "core" here boils down to playing with new classes for the most part.

I cannot think of ANY game that has "end game content" or any other type of content that can be repeated non stop for ANY decent length of time before your brain starts creating new pathways specifically to compensate, so unless you suffer from Anterograde Amnesia, you WILL soon complain about repetitive content, when the reality is not that content is lacking, it's just you have it run it 1 million times already.

I also play EVE and Guild Wars 2 and both have content I have been unable to get to because it either requires ton of preparation and time investment (things like EVE's Sleeper wormhole space or Tera, and GW2 new Raid system where you need very fine tuned teams), but if I HAD gotten around to set myself up with a Corp/Guild and WAS running it all the time it became a regular thing, then it would become bland again, and not something to aim to play every so often.

I'm really not sure what the expectation is here. Games in general are not dynamic, they are scripted, so once you do anything "new" a few hundred times you will still get bored and complain about repetition. Every. Single. Time.

Edited by DSpite
duplicate word