Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Pump-Action Rocket Launcher.

Cephalon_Blue

So, I realized that the Tenno faction doesn't have a dedicated explosive primary. So I made a concept for one. 

Considering there is no over the shoulder type weapons, I decided to not bother with that, and let it be held like other weapons. So what i ended up with was a pump Action reload mechanic, because the explosives are fragmentation rockets, and the pump action would hold the larger munitions with ease. 

So yeah, thats why it looks like a shotgun. 

And I considered making it have a shotgun Secondary fire, but the Zarr does that already. So I decided to make it work like the buzlok. 

You probably want to see my concept art, so here it is: 

The Stats:

Primary Fire:

350 Slash, 300 Blast

15% crit, 2x multiplier, 30% status

5 rounds, 8m blast radius, 70m/s flight speed, 100% accuracy, fire rate of 1, no bullet drop.

Secondary Fire:

Fires a Beacon that the rockets auto target.

150m/s flight speed

duration of 30s

To clarify, the physical damage being higher than the explosive damage, is because its a fragmentation rocket. It flings tiny shards everywhere. So, because I want a Status Launcher, a slash one was the best option. 

Well, tell me what you think. 

Edited by BlueLTO

not bad, though personally, I'd like a Rocket launcher with tracking capabilities: you aim at enemies for a second or two, it marks them and when you fire, the missiles home in on their position. would make it very different compared to the other Launchers in the game (plus Bombards can finally get a taste of their own medicine!)

edit: oh right, you actually have the Buzlok thing in there. my bad.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not bad, though personally, I'd like a Rocket launcher with tracking capabilities: you aim at enemies for a second or two, it marks them and when you fire, the missiles home in on their position. would make it very different compared to the other Launchers in the game (plus Bombards can finally get a taste of their own medicine!)

edit: oh right, you actually have the Buzlok thing in there. my bad.

Yeah, because of how many enemies spawn ingame, single target tracking would be unreliable in hectic situations. 

But the buzlok mechanic is something that would be nice for other weapons to have. Especially on launchers.

It actually looks really good. Well done on the art. The stats, however, are something of concern. 

Specifically this part: 

33 minutes ago, BlueLTO said:

It flings tiny shards everywhere. So, because I want a Status Launcher, a slash one was the best option. 

That is actually really powerful. A bit too powerful IMO, because everything else that procs slash is relatively single-target (and the ones that don't rely on punch-through in order to achieve it). 

If you want a status launcher, then Impact or Puncture would be a safer and very much more balanced option than an AoE armor/shield-ignoring burst. It would also be a lot more consistent because every other launcher has impact or puncture as a base.

Don't get me wrong - a frag launcher would be nice, but would be a bit too powerful with base slash damage AND 30% status. The blast damage is also basically on par with Tonkor for something you want to be physical-based. 

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

It actually looks really good. Well done on the art. The stats, however, are something of concern. 

Specifically this part: 

That is actually really powerful. A bit too powerful IMO, because everything else that procs slash is relatively single-target (and the ones that don't rely on punch-through in order to achieve it). 

If you want a status launcher, then Impact or Puncture would be a safer and very much more balanced option than an AoE armor/shield-ignoring burst. It would also be a lot more consistent because every other launcher has impact or puncture as a base.

Don't get me wrong - a frag launcher would be nice, but would be a bit too powerful with base slash damage AND 30% status. The blast damage is also basically on par with Tonkor for something you want to be physical-based. 

Ah, that does make sense. My Idea was that it procs only one proc per enemy per shot. So no enemy gets 5 slash procs (thats too OP). But I guess reduced blast damage would be good.  

2 minutes ago, BlueLTO said:

Ah, that does make sense. My Idea was that it procs only one proc per enemy per shot. So no enemy gets 5 slash procs (thats too OP). But I guess reduced blast damage would be good.  

I assumed you meant a proc per pellet that would normally proc, the way things like Tigris P and Strun Wraith do. Guaranteeing no more than one per enemy isn't bad at all. 

Overall it's not too out of line with how other launchers are balanced (other than slash procs, but lowering overall damage would keep it from being over the top). 

Would like to see something like this in the game.

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

I assumed you meant a proc per pellet that would normally proc, the way things like Tigris P and Strun Wraith do. Guaranteeing no more than one per enemy isn't bad at all. 

Overall it's not too out of line with how other launchers are balanced (other than slash procs, but lowering overall damage would keep it from being over the top). 

Would like to see something like this in the game.

I want to see it too. 

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DerangedMime00 said:

Great concept and fantastic artwork. I had an idea on something similar via my recent post based on the 40mm GL riot gun. Very good indeed.

Sweet. I think that a Rocket Launcher with guided ordinance is in order first, but thanks. Your riot cannon seems pretty nice too.