Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

1 hour ago, Music4Therapy said:

Ash mains are crying in a corner lol xD

1 hour ago, -Defeater- said:

also i think ash mains have been crying for a long time since his only use even before this update was john prodman runs,

As someone who been Maining ash ever since he was dropped from tyl regor. I have no idea what ash mains have to cry about. Oberon has to spend more energy, use more power strength, and have enemies stand on his hallow ground so he could strip armor off of enemies. All ash has to do is use intesify and power drift(which doesn't negatively effect his abilities) and look at his enemies general direction and it cost like 6-10 energy to just strip armor off of two enemies and since shuriken is dirt cheap and spammable you can pretty much strip armor from groups of enemies faster and cheaper. You two must never have put effort in ash if you think Oberon can put him to shame. I mean all of Ash's abilities pretty much counteracts armor/shields.

Edit: imo ash doesn't even need to strip enemies armor just to kill high level enemies with his abilities.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

As someone who been Maining ash ever since he was dropped from tyl regor. I have no idea what ash mains have to cry about. Oberon has to spend more energy, use more power strength, and have enemies stand on his hallow ground so he could strip armor off of enemies. All ash has to do is use intesify and power drift(which doesn't negatively effect his abilities) and use like 6-10 energy to just strip armor off of two enemies and since shuriken is dirt cheap and spammable you can pretty much strip armor from groups of enemies faster and cheaper. You two must never have put effort in ash if you think Oberon can put him to shame. I mean all of Ash's abilities pretty much counteracts armor/shields.

i tried maybe 15 builds for him after his update before i stopped trying. that being said if youre going just mash 1 to strip armor, i feel like at lvl 100 anyways it would be better to just use covert lethality and his 3 for an insta kill either way. i dont think spamming 1 is an effective way of taking out groups of armored targets, and if you feel the need to strip armor first, say on heavy gunners and bombards since they tend to be the trouble makers when it comes to armor scaling, i think youd be better of just inta killing them. this is aside from the fact that i think that there are frames who kill enemies, even lvl 100 heavy gunners, way easier without having to single them out every time they want to kill them, like banshee nova or rhino for damage buffs, exulted weapons, etc where you dont have to wait for an animation to go by to get results. oberon may have to use more energy, but it would at least be more consistent and doesnt require and augment. 

11 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

didnt see this till after i posted, and yea, then why bother with the augment lol

I only use the augment to make sorties assassinations a walk in the park, also if you use fatal teleport with a strong melee weapon you don't really needs CL unless your fighting anything above lvl 300. One time I did a high level grineer mission. 1 hour and 20 mins in facing lvl 210 heavy gunners, bombards, and napalms, my teammates(a frost and Mesa) was camping in a room in snowglode. I on the other hand was using smokescreen and killing everything with my nikana prime with ease, fatal teleport even one-shotted the napalms, bombards, and heavy gunners. Bladestorm was surprisingly killing lvl 200 enemies too(however eximus units refused to die from it). So I never really see any real reason to strip armor if you use an ash other than sorties assassinations.

Edit: I had over 2000 kills in that mission

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

I only use the augment to make sorties assassinations a walk in the park, also if you use fatal teleport with a strong melee weapon you don't really needs CL unless your fighting anything above lvl 300. One time I did a high level grineer mission. 1 hour and 20 mins in facing lvl 210 heavy gunners, bombards, and napalms, my teammates(a frost and Mesa) was camping in a room in snowglode. I on the other hand was using smokescreen and killing everything with my nikana prime with ease, fatal teleport even one-shotted the napalms, bombards, and heavy gunners. Bladestorm was surprisingly killing lvl 200 enemies too(however eximus units refused to die from it). So I never really see any real reason to strip armor if you use an ash other than sorties assassinations.

Edit: I had over 2000 kills in that mission

Realistically speaking, the 2 things Ash can do that Oberon can't are Covert Lethality via Teleport (there are plenty of stances that open enemies up to finishers) and stealth, which Naramon allows every frame to do.

As a fan of Ash myself, he got the shaft in his rework. While I think he is still a great frame, I feel they could have put more effort into his rework and that Oberon mains are getting much more from DE than Ash mains did. In 3 weeks we've gotten a full rework and many large buffs and DE is still listening to our feedback. You can't say the same about Ash.

17 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Realistically speaking, the 2 things Ash can do that Oberon can't are Covert Lethality via Teleport (there are plenty of stances that open enemies up to finishers) and stealth, which Naramon allows every frame to do.

As a fan of Ash myself, he got the shaft in his rework. While I think he is still a great frame, I feel they could have put more effort into his rework and that Oberon mains are getting much more from DE than Ash mains did. In 3 weeks we've gotten a full rework and many large buffs and DE is still listening to our feedback. You can't say the same about Ash.

To be fair oberon was in a position where the rework could only improve him unlike ash, I mean they had to release like 3 hotfixes to improve him, and I won't be surprised if DE releases another hotfix change for Oberon. Slash damage and finisher damage always beat radiation or any other damage type abilities use.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CFE Angry said:

To be fair oberon was in a position where the rework could only improve him unlike ash, I mean they had to release like 3 hotfixes to improve him, and I won't be surprised if DE releases another hotfix change for Oberon.

i feel like theyre pretty much done. after PA releases i dont think theyll touch him unless they release minor changes in the same update

55 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

umm i think the reason Oberon got more effort recently is because of the rework itself nothing much is changed yet in first release , the only major change is skill stat, shape and Renewal mechanic, other than that its just the same oberon before rework + got some clunky dependencies, so we argue much cause of that

Edited by giricahunik

The one and only thing that bothers me about Oberon is that his Reckoning only creates health orbs when it deals the killing blow... that is so annoying lol.

This is like one of the most requested changes and in no way, shape, or form is it some massive change. It just makes sense. And picking up health orbs instantly revives pets, which syncs *perfectly* with his passive.

But again, I'm happy with the current state of things and that'd be icing on the cake.

18 hours ago, Bronjun said:

Probably because armor stripping is not her selling point? 

Yes and No. Coming from what Mag once was, Polarize was given armor striping as a balance to gutting her shield dominance and it is nearly impossible to not be disappointed at what Polarize became. As it stands now Polarize was hit "too hard" as it not only fails to strip armor at a decent pace (even at a sortie lv) but shield striping is also weak. Polarize only really functions as a support recovery skill now.

Now I personally have liked all of DE's reworks as a decent move to reshift frames in the right direction... except for Mag. I should specify that I actually like the concept of Mags rework just not the execution which is riddled with ineffective synergy or a lack of it completely. This isn't to say that Mag isn't deadly in her current form (some would argue more so than pre-rework thanks to how loaded Magnetize is) and maybe even the shield-gating mechanic that is to be added will pacify me.

For me, the major issue on Mag right now is that Polarize has zero survivability built into it for armor cases. I could care less about its striping abilities IF it became a complete support power. Polarize recovers shields decently making Mag's survival against Corpus and for the most part the Corrupted fairly straight forward. However against the Grineer and Sentients (and a lesser extent the Infested), Polarize provides next to nothing partly since it doesn't even support shield recovery unless the enemies actually have shields. Now if Polarize granted a decent amount of armor, or dare I even say it a lesser grade Ironskin/Halo based on the amount of armor striped (perhaps her augment could be tagged to do the latter) then I would be content. Otherwise giving her some scalability on Polarize seems only justified after what Oberon has now.

And to finish my thoughts the minor issues on Mag are the weak synergies. Everything is loaded into Magnetize which is fine as its her main skill for damage however they are basically single target. The bonus damage from Pull and Crush only affect the Magnetized target even though they should probably affect every enemy in the field to even make this synergy worth anything. And the shards of Polarize would be enticing perhaps if Polarize had scaled armor striping because they basically store the armor that is stripped with a multiplier then adds it to the Magnetize DoT. But since Polarize poorly strips armor you will get better results by simply shooting into the field with ANY gun.

8 minutes ago, Aimop95 said:

Small but powerful tweak would be that Magnetize forcefully pulls magnetic proc'd enemies into its center. Polarize and Pull could apply the proc.

Also I like this.

The recent Buff's to Oberon is welcomed with smiles

I was never into Oberon because I too felt he was the Jack of all trades master of none but I have also been looking for a tank healer to run with new players to help them.Trinity used to be a tank but more about that later. With the appreciated Buff's to Oberon we can only hope that warframe's we used to love and use will soon receive the same attention  regarding UN Nurfing valkyr, Ash,Trinity,Mirage

Thank you for your time

I like the rework for the most part, but it would be nice if Renewal had a flat energy drain.  Oberon is the only healing frame with increased energy drain based on the number of allies healed.

It would also be nice if Hallowed Ground was an aura...but I'd be happy with just a Renewal fix.

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Healing one person is no big deal. I only use renewal wen its needed...turn it off wen it isnt

Try that in MoT after 40 minutes. Not saying that everyone does that kind of content for that long, but the energy cost is a little wild for GROUP healing. Solo stuff is..... manageable. That doesn't change the fact that modding is a nightmare for him. You have to pick and choose so hard. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)BigEffinDud said:

Try that in MoT after 40 minutes. Not saying that everyone does that kind of content for that long, but the energy cost is a little wild for GROUP healing. Solo stuff is..... manageable. That doesn't change the fact that modding is a nightmare for him. You have to pick and choose so hard. 

"After 40 minutes"

As an endurance player, I lol.

1 minute ago, Music4Therapy said:

"After 40 minutes"

As an endurance player, I lol.

No...you misunderstand. Not saying that's impossible content. I'm just saying after about 40 minutes, Renewal will always be needed for enemies of that level. 

Edited by (PS4)BigEffinDud

1 hour ago, MarrikBroom said:

What Bothers Me is they are continuing with the 'synergy' dependence things have on hallowed ground. Granted I think the changes make it less of a problem than it used to be, but on the other hand, and i have said this before, I will never LIKE forced synergy.

I am praising DE for buffing Oberon because while this is NOT what I want... they actually ease the burden of bufffing team members, and straight out made reckoning's armor strip do whatI thought it was going to do in the beginning.

I doubt we will get more than one fix... and that'll come with Oberon. However for the interests of 'let's put EVERYTHING on the table one last time while there is maybe a slim chance at DE fitting that in:

1. Give him some kind of energy scavanging mechanic either via his hallowed ground or by changing how reckoning works so that it will have a chance to drop either health or energy if you kill enemies within x tics of getting hit.

2.Review Renewal's Spending. Given feet are dug in over having scaling costs (which I personally STRONGLY disagree with as it punishes team play) instead have renewal not count a target as draining energy if that target is at full health.Additionally frontload some of the energy cost onto Oberon himself, and drop upkeep costs of everybody else by a quarter (base.) This might possibly make energy scavanging not needed and make it better for reckoning to give a chance to drop health orbs on hit instead of energy.

3. Hallowed Ground. Add a slow component not affected by power strenth/duration/anything so that enemies on hallowed ground have their movements slowed by half. This keeps them on hallowed ground longer, keeps them from shooting as much, and they get to soak in that radiation for just that little bit longer.

4. Smite> I really would like smite orbs to not share a global 35%, or if that must be shared, scale up that percentage with power strength, capping it at 50% of the enemy's health split between orbs.  I bring that up as an alternitive even though I would prefer a hard 5% per orb since it seems the powers that be do not want to do a hard percentage per orb.

5. Apply Oberon's buff to sentinels as well. We do not play companions because of survivability. If anything sentinels are less survivable than companions. We do not play companions because vac is so far and above ANY utility they add outside of Smeeta's slot machine.

I have listed these in order of what I feel is most needed to least. DE, can we get one more lego brick?  I'm happy with Oberon right now, but... well... Last chance to make tweaks, I'm putting all my cards on the table. Do with them as you will.

1. Try using Rage with Oberon. You'll have plenty of energy then.

2. I wouldn't mind seeing some work on this subject, but with the point above, energy is practically a non issue unless you play low level content as it's hard for anything to get through your shields let alone deal enough health damage to provide energy.

3. Im gonna have to say I'm against this. Ice Wave Impedance much? Perhaps a chance to stagger enemies per Damage tick?

4. Honestly I don't really see the point in Smites "scaling". Inconsequential amount of damage all things considerered. Be it 3 or 5% per orb, still eh. That being said it's a 1st ability. Not expecting it to one shot enemies. Maybe 15% per orb?

5 Guess what, Renewal does work on pets and sentinels. As for Iron Renewal... I'm not sure honestly. I would hope it does.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BigEffinDud said:

No...you misunderstand. Not saying that's impossible content. I'm just saying after about 40 minutes, Renewal will always be needed for enemies of that level. 

And with enemies of that level, keeping energy topped up via Rage is not a chore. Especially with Phoenix Renewal. Play passively when it's down, aggressively when it's up. In a squad? If you are having trouble with energy, use Guardian Derision to draw fire. The 85% DR sword+shield weapons provide on top of IR will take you and your party deep. Nice that Silva and Aegis will get a primed variant, eh? I personally don't run into the issue, though. But I will admit my build does use Vitality/Rage/Fleeting/Streamline. Sahasa Kubrow is icing on the cake, but not necessary.

If you are in a "hide in Frost's bubble" party, HG+IR works amazingly well as a bubble deterrent and enhancer, and you can buff everyone in your party with Smite Infusion on top of your armor stripping capabilities. Again, Sahasa also helps keep everyone with energy/ammo as well making more party utility.

Edited by Music4Therapy

17 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

1. I do use Rage plus primed flow. I still have energy issues if I keep renewal going. I have LOTS of duration, 95% eff. I'm trying to farm transient fort to replace blind rage.

2. Define 'low level.' i do not play a lot of duration content purely because of how my life is at this stage keeps me from knowing I'll be able to set aside large chunks of time. This is also why I do not raid.

3.Stagger per radiation tic on hallowed ground sounds good. Thank you.

4. This is more for the sake of I just hate how it's implemented since that is anti synergy. Here let's have powers that WANT power strength, but then another that punishes you for power strength damage wise (ignoring the niceities of proc spreading.)

5. If it works on sentinels I see no buff icon. However pets get oberon's passive, sentinels do not. 

At #5 there may not be an icon for it, but pay attention to the aura that surrounds your sentinel or pet. Pay attenuation to when they get hurt. Green aura and rapid health regen? Sounds like they're affected by Renewal. 

As for his passive, sounds intentional to me and I doubt they'd change it. Oberon is quoted as the protector of wildlife and whatnot. Sentinels are manufactured machines.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

At #5 there may not be an icon for it, but pay attention to the aura that surrounds your sentinel or pet. Pay attenuation to when they get hurt. Green aura and rapid health regen? Sounds like they're affected by Renewal. 

As for his passive, sounds intentional to me and I doubt they'd change it. Oberon is quoted as the protector of wildlife and whatnot. Sentinels are manufactured machines.

Sentinels also provide great utility without a doubt, but I love what Adarza Kavats and Sahasa Kubrows bring to a whole squad. They suit Oberon and his role very well.

8 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

While true they are robotic, in lore sentinels were actually found beings, potentially lotus creations, potentially something 'other' not elaborated on. My point however is less what they are and more 'oberon is not making pets more attractive due to how overwhelmingly nessicary feeling vaccum is. Give me either companion vac or universal vac and I will instantly switch to my helminth abomination. Her name is Waffles, and she has several forma invested in her.

I mean you're allowed to have your opinions, but I've never felt the need for vacuum. I mainly use carrier for his new ability I find it for more useful now. Vacuum is just an added bonus, but I've played the game long enough to have a massive stockpile of resources and mods. Not really hurting in that department. And I've only recently started using sentinels. Before I would either have kubrow, Kavat or no companion at all. Even now, depending on the weapon I'm using I'll use my Smeeta or Adarza.

People call Vacuum a necessity, I call it a crutch.

3 hours ago, giricahunik said:

why give up mate?  cheer up! :D

Yea its still possible but from a business stand point theyd have no reason to after PA launches, theyd profit more from making new content. I want to believe DE listens to the community and want to change things according to the majority ( even though these couple tiny buff really havent shown that) but at the end of the day they are a company, they need to write checks as much as any other business.