Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

Yes, another one about Oberon but I would like to remind you [DE] about his description:

Site description: Equally adept at healing friends or striking down the enemy. Oberon embodies the balance Tenno are sworn to uphold.

Warframe Wiki: Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Endowed with zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills, he is a balanced fighter with assault and supportive capabilities.

Now... please read this description: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin_(character_class)

OK! Oberon seems like he is a paladin... so why he isn't?

Smite: Focuses deadly energy within a target and then projects it outwards, damaging both the target and surrounding enemies

Sounds like nice skill for paladin, so why I'm thinking this one is not working?

IDEA: remove this and give him some really low energy drain aura? With 100% status chance. Whatever defensive or offensive or switchable. With range. Defensive could have taunt that forcing enemies to attack him and give him much more armor. Offensive could deflect damage and give him boost for attack speed or ie. torch near enemies.

Hallowed Ground: Sanctifies the ground before Oberon with righteous fire, inflicting damage to any enemy that stands in the flames.

Gooooood... but make it better. Boost it. If this is fire... why enemies are not torched? Add taunt that force enemies who enter to attack Oberon, give him armor boost when he stand on it.

Renewal: Healing waves of energy flow outward from Oberon to his allies, regenerating health over time.

Gooooood... but make it better. Boost it. Oberon is energy hog... WHY?! Add energy regeneration here! We cant use his other skills when we cant regenerate energy.

Reckoning: Quickly lifts enemies into the air and then hurls them down with conviction. Enemies who succumb to this power have a chance to spawn a Health Sphere.

Gooooood... but make it better. Boost it. Add dazzle with range. Same as Excalibur skill but with additions from reckoning.

Passive

Passive is stupid and have nothing to do with paladin. Change it. Completely.

Radiation aura could be nice... confused enemies would attack them self instead of us and our team mates.

Just a few hits with rage and you are topped off again (no need to tank a heavy gunner or anything). Do I think its required? Nah. Do I think it works? Yeah. why not equip it. :/

I personally don't see innate energy regen as a necessity in any case.

28 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

are u in a old build? it deal better than THAN ZENISTAR + when u cast reckoning on enemy that is on loses about 3rd of their armor, you can make any frame tanky by giving them 200 base armor and you know whats the last thing? u can cast is on interception nodes so enemies cannot retake the towers due to radiation denying them the ability to take over

lackluster my arse

You're using zenistar wrong if your hallowed ground is doing better damage and status than your zenistar.  at 269% power strength, HG hits for literally 10% of what my zenistar hits for - a whopping 269 dmg compared to the 2.5-3.5k i typically get from zenistar.  Not to mention that my zenistar will consistently either blast and armor strip, or stun and stack gas procs galore, or confuse and halve health...  it's WAY better than HG.

4 minutes ago, RiouHotaru said:

>Oberon
>Squishy

Pick 1

At the point that Oberon is getting one shot everyone else is also pretty much getting one shot outside of immunity abilities.

How is this relevant as to whether or not he shouldn't have an energy mechanic when other combo-casters such as Nidus, Octavia, Saryn, and Limbo do?

He has a base energy pool of 100 and is an ability spammer. I don't care if DE doubles his base energy pool with his prime variant, his 4-2-3 combo ALONE has a cost of 175.

Edited by Music4Therapy

3 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

You're using zenistar wrong if your hallowed ground is doing better damage and status than your zenistar.  at 269% power strength, HG hits for literally 10% of what my zenistar hits for - a whopping 269 dmg compared to the 2.5-3.5k i typically get from zenistar.  Not to mention that my zenistar will consistently either blast and armor strip, or stun and stack gas procs galore, or confuse and halve health...  it's WAY better than HG.

build zenistar like u build hallowed ground no other elements than radiation

Saryn doesn't have an energy restore outside of popping spores with a weapon that's been buffed by her 3.  Which requires you to work at melee range.  Most people refuse to do that because they think Saryn is squishy.  (And most people STILL use rage on Saryn)

Nidus 'energy restore' only effects his 1.  And you have to hit at least 4 enemies to have a net energy GAIN.  At three enemies you just get back what you spent.  Which isn't really efficient.  The fact he has no shields a-la Inaros means there's no reason NOT to use Rage.

Octavia's passive just acts like an extra Energy Siphon aura and really only nets you an overall gain if you use her abilities super sparingly.

None of this is really a sustainable energy restore.  Just use Rage.

Official description doesn't state anything about him being a Paladin, and you base your claims on a fanmade article on wiki? He can very well be a Druid in DE's vision, which makes his passive very fitting. He's more of a Druid/Paladin hybrid, especially when you look at his helmet which resembles a deer or a moose (oryx?) and his Feyarch Skin. Doesn't look very Paladin-ish now, does he?

Edited by GLTHX

1 minute ago, RiouHotaru said:

Saryn doesn't have an energy restore outside of popping spores with a weapon that's been buffed by her 3.  Which requires you to work at melee range.  Most people refuse to do that because they think Saryn is squishy.  (And most people STILL use rage on Saryn)

Nidus 'energy restore' only effects his 1.  And you have to hit at least 4 enemies to have a net energy GAIN.  At three enemies you just get back what you spent.  Which isn't really efficient.  The fact he has no shields a-la Inaros means there's no reason NOT to use Rage.

Octavia's passive just acts like an extra Energy Siphon aura and really only nets you an overall gain if you use her abilities super sparingly.

None of this is really a sustainable energy restore.  Just use Rage.

*sigh*

1) Going to ignore the fact you left out Limbo.

2) Saryn is tied for largest energy pool in the game, has ways to gain energy, and ways to cut her costs in half (spores on molt)

3) You understand that Nidus can literally pull all the enemies in the room together, right? Its like Vauban's Vortex on steroids. You must have never played Nidus if you honestly believe his 1+2 combo isn't "efficient"

4) Octavia still has a passive way to gain energy and her kit is 10x better than Oberon's will ever be. Is this somehow supposed to disprove my argument that Oberon, a frame with a base energy of 100 and a combo cost of 175 (his basic 2-4-3), doesn't need something similar?

5) Just use rage? Hope you're enjoying the star chart, bro.

8 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

How is this relevant as to whether or not he shouldn't have an energy mechanic when other combo-casters such as Nidus, Octavia, Saryn, and Limbo do?

He has a base energy pool of 100 and is an ability spammer. I don't care if DE doubles his base energy pool with his prime variant, his 4-2-3 combo ALONE has a cost of 175.

okay do u even know efficency mods exist?

Well, the White Stag which constitutes Oberon's look is a symbol of Holy Orders particularly Paladins. Smite is pretty on the level for a Paladin, Hallowed Ground follows with Sanctifying Ground which is an ability D&D Paladins can do; Renewal a Lay on Hands/light weight clerical abilities, and Reckoning a combo of attacking Clerical abilities and a violent take on the common Hold Person spell. In Oberon's abilities just swap mentions of Holy Fire for Radiation. As far as the passive, being a friend to animals is sorta Druidic, Ranger-y, or Beast-master related. Paladins can do something like that but usually only with sacred beasts or mounts - would be fun to have a big enough Kubrow use as a mount - but most would see it as nature related. Its interesting that Ivara, the Ranger doesn't have such a passive ability considering.

All of Oberon's looks are Deer related but I feel that links back to the White Stag (even Moose are a Deer type) but probably due to the White Stag's connection to Paladins and its status as King of the Forest.

Edited by Urlan

26 minutes ago, AzoreanEve said:

Rage on a squishy frame where his heal has energy drain over time? Hell no. If half of his abilities were duration ones like Hallowed Ground, he wouldn't have all that much energy issues, but you spam 1 and 4, 3 has drain, and 2 is the only duration one. It's energy hell. Would be nice to have some way to counteract it without resorting to pizzas all the time or using a suicidal build.

exactly ^^ :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Music4Therapy said:

You are a moron, enjoy the star chart. You can't even try to argue against the point that I am making and instead are filling up my thread with idiotic posts like this.

yet my build works in sorties no matter what faction and what condition, and i am always topped in energy

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

yet my build works in sorties no matter what faction and what condition, and i am always topped in energy

My build works as well.

The problem is new players don't have access to all the primed and corrupted mods that we have that are required to actually make this frame work outside of being forced to be shot in the face repeatedly.

Edited by Music4Therapy

8 minutes ago, DarkOmegaGamer said:

So it sounds like to me based off of your review of the abilities, all but the passive are still Paladin like... wut.

Well... gimme your idea.

5 minutes ago, GLTHX said:

Official description doesn't state anything about him being a Paladin, and you base your claims on a fanmade article on wiki? He can very well be a Druid in DE's vision, which makes his passive very fitting. He's more of a Druid/Paladin hybrid, especially when you look at his helmet which resembles a deer or a moose (oryx?) and his Feyarch Skin. Doesn't look very Paladin-ish now, does he?

Jack of all trades, master of none. Druid/Paladin hybrid is a bad idea. His skills are rather paladin-ish.

Just now, GLTHX said:

He came out with the PALADIN bundle. Deluxe skins are diferent takes on frames unless frost is a viking, Nova is a hindu deity and Rhino is a Roman soldier. And like it was said white stags are associated with knight orders, the white stag in arturian legends represented the begining of a knights journey.

About these changes smite is perfectly fine, if you want an aura then the skill for the changes that you are looking for is on Hallowed Ground which would benefit him much more in the fast paced game that WF is. Also taunting to attack Oberon is a horrible idea cearly you never played the 3rd sorties agains corpus and met thei Saitama the One Shot Corpus Tech where not even QT saves you, before you get the armor boost you'll be on the ground bleeding with the skill deactivated.

What he needs is a taunt on smite's secondary orbs to attack the main target of smite. CC + Rad to disorient and pick new targets along with allies that are attacking you would be perfect for this skill.

Smite

Tbh the scaling is almost useless.

Idea:

A: You hit Enemy "Hans". Orbs will spread out from Hans to nearby enemies. The hit enemies will get taunted by Hans and start attacking him. The damage is distributed between all affected enemies. After a duration or Hans death an explosion will trigger from every affected enemy

B: move the useless blind from reckoning to here. The orbs will seek out targets and trigger an aoe blind from every affected target.

Augment: casting it on ally will make it seek out other allies nearby (including yourself) and do exactly what it does now.

Hallowed Ground:
The pizza mechanic is not good
The armor buff should apply, when allies affected by renewal enter hallowed ground. Currently they have to stand on it, when the wave of renewal hits them. (without proper communication it´s very hard to buff your team. They leave hallowed ground before you can cast renewal)
It´s also not possible to buff a person that didn´t get the buff and keep the buff on the rest of the team. You have to recast renewal which removes the buff on the ppl who got it in the first place

Idea: 
tapping -> long linear shape forward. This would be usefull in a lot of situations. You often encounter enemies in long hallways
holding over duration of castanimation -> changes shape into a circle. Usefull for stationary combat

Renewal:
The CC immunity from hallowed ground should also stay on allies affected by renewal or directly swap it to renewal, since it´s a little underwhelming by itself

Reckoning:
It´s a decent nuke for low-mid tier enemies.
Imo the armor reduction is almost useless. You can´t effectly reach 100%. Currently the armor either doesn´t matter at all (low - mid level) or enemies have insame armor values and 50% doesn´t matter.
You have to strip all of it or let it be. The only thing it currently does is boosting the damage on mid level enmies which require multiple casts of reckoning to be killed.

The blind:
the worst thing about it is that 90+ % of the community doesn´t even know about it. It doesn´t have any practical use. It happens very rarely that enemies get affected by it. You can´t use it to blind any enemy directly. E.g. Oh there is Heavy gunner eximus. I better blind him and stab him in the back. -> doesn´t work
Imo it should blind all enemies and not only enemies which didn´t get affected by initial cast or give us the 100% armor shred.

Augment:
The little armor spots grant armor, but standing still kills you in this game. (controversy)
The spots have very little range -> using this for additional damage is useless. If the augment would root enemies it would keep them is the little zones and it would actually do extra damage.
Option b would be to let the zones connect to each other like vauban´s 1st augment. The intersections could be impassable terrain for enemies or just do damage/status

Pls forgive spelling mistakes. I had little time ^^

Edited by Netzwerkfehler

43 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

If this is fire... why enemies are not torched?

I have always been amused (read confounded) by the fact they base hit kit on radiation.  Why not fire?  Why not something else?  Why not all the elements?  He's supposed to be a faerie king slash druid slash whatever, yet none of his kit makes any sense with any iteration (paladin? druid? neither? both?) applied to him.

To top it all off, his radiation abilities are barely existing.  Low range carpets that proc it.  A single target attack that only radiates the first enemy struck, then breaks off and for some reason weakens (punctures) the rest with only a small chance to radiate them as well.

And bubbles, bubbles of all things, that encase enemies, rise them up briefly and smash them downward to not only radiate them but blind them as well.

Weird guy that oberon.

It is almost as bad as naming a frame after a mythical creature renowned for her shrieking screams of agony and despair and then not basing even a single ability on the myths.

Almost.

Edited by Xekrin