The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

Surprise Lvl 120 Juggernaut at the end of wave 10 of defense...

Mother-raping D.E logic strikes again.

Sure I can beat it with Valkyr cheese, but not going through 10 waves of defense again since I have 20+ Orokin Catalysts.

My love for this game diminishes once again. 

Disappointed again just as I was with the Hema nonsense.

In conclusion, -1/10, thanks for fouling up my mood early in the day, arsehats.

Edited by NativeKiller

All of the Starter frames were great options for this mission, I myself did it with Excal, but Mag would have been able to remove armour and use magnetise to stop his spike shoots for some time, Volt could just put a shield up and protect himself, possibly drawing aggro and allowing your teammates to kill him.

OPS wrong thread

Edited by Dwolfknight

As a serious question and with as little condescension as possible: How does this make the game P2W?

Do you honestly think every person who beat this alert has payed money into the game? The answer is a resounding "No". You can get everything needed to beat the alert in a week of playing, tops. Getting to MR6 and Grabbing the Atterax, then modding it semi-decently would seriously hand you this alert on a platter. The Juggernaut is another matter, but he can be killed with abilities (Exalted Blade, Peacemaker, and Virulence as examples) relatively easily.

As a new player, level 100+ enemies are not gonna be something you could kill. It's like any MMO or RPG. You don't go and try to kill a Raid Boss at level 5, and complaining about it being hard after trying that very thing is just silly when you know for a fact you wouldn't be able to beat it. 

Tried with Octavia first, we all had a dance party as I murdered every single living. Then Juggernault spawned, we failed.

Then I brought vauban, but we forgot to bring anything to break his armor, so I spent 30 minutes throwing vortex and Tesla everywhere to take 1 Hp every milliseconds. It was long and painful.

All of the Starter frames were great options for this mission, I myself did it with Excal, but Mag would have been able to remove armour and use magnetise to stop his spike shoots for some time, Volt could just put a shield up and protect himself, possibly drawing aggro and allowing your teammates to kill him.

This Alert was meant for those that wanted a challenge, it did not require wild loadouts, just some strategy if you just want the catalyst, know that it would not EXIST if it was no for the design council wanting some challenging alert mission.

DE is not required to give players this catalysts and reactors but they do, if they really wanted this game to be pay to win they wouldn't have even given you one for free.

New players have clan options. Our new guys were all set on that mission. We also got to use it as a training opportunity,

Spoiler

like "What DOES kill a 120 Juggernaut?".

These guys don't have simulacrum keys, they got to use the mission as a loadout test.

If you're new and you for some reason REFUSE to join a clan OR you are a one man ghost clan. Hit up Recruiting chat! Find others like yourself and just get the job done. Look up synergies, consider your builds, coordinate with your squad and if you fail, remix and try again.

We did it with a Trin, 2 Valkyr, a rhino and like a volt specter I think. This was our remix after trying and failing with Ivara, Excal, Inaros and Valkyr (where we brought him down to 10% health before last strike on objective). I'd also like to note that the valkyr in both squads was not forma'd (because he's a new guy). Bring all the pizzas. Go in with your A game.

When we queued it said level 90 to 120.

I don't see how DE is COMPLETELY at fault for you guys NOT running that one mission if they've given everyone ample tools to squad up and everyone just hides in solo or ranting in forums about how they're solo, or the content scale isn't fair even though a ton of kit scales with it.

I am TOTALLY down to give constructive criticism where it applies, but every single time I hop into forums it's a bunch of Tenno who would like their accounts leveled magically. DE made the game you guys, if you want to give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, try playing a bit of it. If you're so legit you can solo anything (except that) then farm some prime gear and get some plat and buy a stupid catalyst.

Edited by stealTHCare
note*

Just now, Chipputer said:

Shred grenades?

Forgot to change my build, had next to nothing in strength. I tried it, but with 13% armor removal it didn't quite work.

Like, litteraly spent two entire minute throwing Shred grenades in his face

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

3 minutes ago, stealTHCare said:

if you want to give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback,

Constructive feedback: on a level 90+ alert place the mission only on Sedna, Pluto, or Eris and require a level 30 warframe the way sorties do.

I played the mission in PUG's just because I wanted to.  Mission after mission I got matched with noobs MR 10 or less and quite often with total crap gear.  One of the "best" was a MR 4 rank 2 Octavia.  For pete's sake most of the failed squads couldn't make it past round 4 or 5 before people started bailing out.  Much less defeat a level 120 Juggernaut.

But the squads that were successful with decent players it was a fairly easy.

As some before me have stated -- many of them getting called stupid or lazy with close to zero good argumentation so far -- this was difficult for all the wrong reasons.
Small disclaimer here:
1. This is my opinion, it's perfectly fine to disagree, let's just try to keep it civil. I was a bit scared by what I saw in previous pages.
2. FWIW, I was able to beat the waves with relative ease, so almost all of my frustration stems from the Juggerboss bit at the end.

Moving on--

To anyone saying that to beat this I just need some tactics, lateral thinking, or generally fixing whatever part of my brain I seem to have replaced with a salt canister: please tell me how spending 15 minutes behind a wall and spamming Exalted Blade is innovative; or how using any other "200-IQ" two-button tactic is brilliant. Please. I'm genuinely curious why we should all just be okay with cheesing and grinding through a boss that does lethal damage to man, god, and everything in-between -- even when projectiles (or hell, its entire body!) miss their intended target by a mile.

So far, it seems this game is all about mixing and matching load-outs, plenty of customization options, and overall freedom of choice - basically giving each of us the ability to play more or less however we want to - with virtually any gun, 'frame, and handheld pointy (or blunt) object that we happen to like. I'm okay with compensating for an "imperfect" load-out (e.g. low slash damage vs infested) with a level of difficulty that's on par with Dark Souls and then some. I am NOT okay with hitting a brick wall unless I bow to the Almighty Lord Corrosive Damage (hallowed be His name); nor will I accept it as fair to be instantly annihilated at regular intervals, no matter how much health or shields I have, what I happen to be doing, or how many walls I'm hiding behind. And no, Void damn it, I don't want to use Valkyr for every other high-level mission.

Lastly, please do not mistake this for hate towards the game, as it's the exact opposite that made me write this in the first place. I love Warframe with a passion, have been playing every chance I get for years, and I've never felt the urge to make so much as a peep on the forums until now. I think the game has been making massive strides (especially in recent months), getting more captivating and just plain fun than I even thought it could. That's exactly why this kind of lapse in entertainment value and quality rustles all my darn jimmies.

PS: Being a humble space-ninja, I can now only pray to the DE Gods to keep the fun and diversity alive at higher levels of play. It's exactly what's kept me here for so long and I genuinely believe (or, well, I hope) that I'm not the only one. Amen.

The salt in this thread is real.

I didn't even know the mission was melee only and brought in a prime I was leveling.

Got surprised by the jug at the end. Sure we went down a lot. But we made sure to revive each other. Then attacked the jug together with every one's buffs going. It eventually died.

But I agree. Surprises are nice. But only when we're allowed to be reasonably capable of handling said surprise.