The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Rivens are really rare

WorldLiberation

I'm guessing you don't know about weapons riven dispositions? The weapons the community uses more, i.e the meta cannons, have a lower disposition so you're less likely to get a riven mod for them than some of the more forgotten things or those weapons that sit in the middle. If it were up to me, meta weapons wouldn't get any riven mods or they would be so extremely rare there is no point. Riven mods do exactly the opposite of their purpose as of right now. Instead of re-vitalizing more forgotten weapons people just grind out good ones to make meta weapons even stronger

5 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I'm guessing you don't know about weapons riven dispositions? The weapons the community uses more, i.e the meta cannons, have a lower disposition so you're less likely to get a riven mod for them than some of the more forgotten things or those weapons that sit in the middle. If it were up to me, meta weapons wouldn't get any riven mods or they would be so extremely rare there is no point. Riven mods do exactly the opposite of their purpose as of right now. Instead of re-vitalizing more forgotten weapons people just grind out good ones to make meta weapons even stronger

Disposition has nothing to do with how often you get rivens for certain weapons, it determines the strength of said rivens instead.

6 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

You sure about that?

The burden of proofs is yours, you're the one who made the assumption, if it's true then prove it. Making assumption and asking back because people doubt you, is a sure sign that you're making it up.

16 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Instead of re-vitalizing more forgotten weapons people just grind out good ones to make meta weapons even stronger

I'm sure some people are doing this, but reality is that weapons with faint riven disposition have low performance gains from rivens over just using regular mods. Meta stuff does get stronger but it doesn't get anywhere near as big a jump in performance as weapons with strong disposition.

The real point where rivens could get better, to me, is the fact that even very weak weapons still get the same batch of crippling weaknesses and random stats.  A weak weapon can become far more powerful than it was, but only at great cost in kuva rolling until it gets the right stats. So you put in a lot of time and effort and kuva and make your old junky weapon into a pretty good one... but pretty good weapons starts off being pretty good.  The effort:reward ratio is a bit unfair. So it might be interesting to prevent weapons with strong dispositions from rolling to high on negative stats, or too low on positive ones.

5 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

The burden of proofs is yours, you're the one who made the assumption, if it's true then prove it. Making assumption and asking back because people doubt you, is a sure sign that you're making it up.

That's you assuming. RNG in this game tends to $&*^ people over

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

That's you assuming. RNG in this game tends to $&*^ people over

Seriously? you're just gonna talk back like a child?

You made an assumption without proofs, talking back when being asked, still failing to show any proofs. If i say you're full of BS, that's not assumption, that's deduction. The proofs are in every single words you said.

2 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Seriously? you're just gonna talk back like a child?

You made an assumption without proofs, talking back when being asked, still failing to show any proofs. If i say you're full of BS, that's not assumption, that's deduction. The proofs are in every single words you said.

I'm lost. How am I talking back? I stated something, that's the end of that. Riven mods in themselves are a rare get, and it's all RNG's fault because quite frankly the RNG in this game sucks 90% of the time. So get off your soap box

While it is rng, also know it needs work.  I do not think that a players weapon choices have an influence on the Riven roll for weapon type.   Have not had an issue getting Rivens themselves, getting some classes is an issue.  The disparity between the classes been Rifle - Pistol - Shotgun has been 2 to 1 to .0001 if comparing the ratio in the types I get.    So many weapons in the game yet consistent repeats, a few three-peats of Riven rolls whether they are good Rivens or not is simply a bad rng model.  Lack of variety in Rivens has reduced my weapon choices to those weapons I like that have Rivens over weapons I simply just like to play.   My choice you might say, and yes, it is, but that choice is heavily influenced by the lack of variety in Rivens.     Which, is really sad as some of the weapons I would never have bothered with have become ALOT of fun with solid Rivens on them.   

I'm lost. How am I talking back? I stated something, that's the end of that. Riven mods in themselves are a rare get, and it's all RNG's fault because quite frankly the RNG in this game sucks 90% of the time. So get off your soap box

You state something without any facts. That's called assuming

When asked, instead of showing proofs you basically just avoiding giving any answer and asking back.

And then proceed to rant about RNG as if it makes any of your point became true.

I've made my point here, you prove with your own words that nothing you said have any credibility at all. So i don't need to be afraid that people will be misinformed by you.

3 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

You state something without any facts. That's called assuming

When asked, instead of showing proofs you basically just avoiding giving any answer and asking back.

And then proceed to rant about RNG as if it makes any of your point became true.

I've made my point here, you prove with your own words that nothing you said have any credibility at all. So i don't need to be afraid that people will be misinformed by you.

How am I misinforming people about something everyone who's played this game knows is true? You're literally the first and only person to get butthurt about someone saying something about crappy RNG

How am I misinforming people about something everyone who's played this game knows is true? You're literally the first and only person to get butthurt about someone saying something about crappy RNG

If it's true, then show the facts, the datamined codes, substituting facts with random based experiences is misinforming.

RNG is crappy, i won't argue with any person who ranted about it. But if you spread false information, then i will have to do something about it.

5th posts in this thread and you fail to show any proofs. Again where is the actual proofs, the codes that causes RNG to favors low disposition riven. If you fail to show that proofs at your next reply, then what you stated is false.

1 hour ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Oh, okay, so the Rubico (which I've never seen anyone use) must be super popular, because 3 out of my 15-16 rivens have been for that gun...

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

If it's true, then show the facts, the datamined codes, substituting facts with random based experiences is misinforming.

RNG is crappy, i won't argue with any person who ranted about it. But if you spread false information, then i will have to do something about it.

5th posts in this thread and you fail to show any proofs. Again where is the actual proofs, the codes that causes RNG to favors low disposition riven. If you fail to show that proofs at your next reply, then what you stated is false.

Isn't what other people say enough proof? If 100 people all get the same crap riven for the Sweeper or other sentinel weapons, which I think is hilariously bad that sentinel weapons are even a choice, that's a trend. And yes, trends do have outliers, but the majority ends up being one thing or another. And with every RNG I've ever dealt with myself, it tends to favor the enemy, in case of XCOM, or crappy drops in case of this game. Doesn't help that DE set the values for all worthwhile drops to like .0001% of a chance on the rarest enemies in the game.

Isn't what other people say enough proof? If 100 people all get the same crap riven for the Sweeper or other sentinel weapons, which I think is hilariously bad that sentinel weapons are even a choice, that's a trend. And yes, trends do have outliers, but the majority ends up being one thing or another. And with every RNG I've ever dealt with myself, it tends to favor the enemy, in case of XCOM, or crappy drops in case of this game. Doesn't help that DE set the values for all worthwhile drops to like .0001% of a chance on the rarest enemies in the game.

You are false, end of discussion

32 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

It's got a neutral disposition. What other rivens do you have multiples of?

none...

It's random, there is no underlying usage mechanic defining the proliferation of rivens.

Disposition is related to the stats of the riven due to the power of the weapon as decided by DE, not abundence of the rivens, I don't know where you got that idea from, but as other have said, you're just plain incorrect.

Edited by Carnage2K4

6 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

none...

It's random, there is no underlying usage mechanic defining the proliferation of rivens.

Disposition is related to the stats of the riven due to the power of the weapon as decided by DE, not its abundence.

I'm not saying it's not random, I'm saying RNG has a personal agenda to make you play the game for as long as possible by denying the drops players want and need, or by spawning 5 Napalms in the same room to make sure you run out of revives