Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros + Nekros + Hydroid + Nekros?

(XBOX)BURZYCKI

Question

I have read the wiki and looked, and like many things in Warframe it comes down to what 900 people think and then ignoring half of them for what you actually find more helpful. Or well think you find more helpful.

So this debate has, I assume, just as many answers and probably several question.

Nekros + Nekros + Hydroid?

Do they stack?
Do they require you to let Hydroid Tentacles do all the killing?
Can you even desecrate multiple times on the same target?

This gets me to thinking that unless you are running lets say Akkad with a ton of potential missed enemies would not one Nekros still be enough with the right build to cover the map?

Does adding a hydroid make a difference? I believe in some mild testing I have done it does, mainly on ODD for Mutagen.

Does having 4 nekros on a mission all running despoil 100% of the time and 4 melee weapons chopping everything to bits just waste two or 3 squad slots?

I run Nekros a ton lately helping my newer clan mates get their resources faster, pretty much Christmas day for health and drops, but is running 2, 3 or 4 just a total waste?

Or is two the happy place?

17 answers to this question

Hydroid Tentacles with augment only affect enemies killed by it. Multiple Nekros's could be used to catch all the bodies to loot, but they can't desecrate the same body more than once, so two is impractical for unless you are on a large map. They would just do it faster. 2 Nekros with high range and efficiency would work. Also you could bring come Smeeta Kavats for more loot. 4th Frame could be a defensive frame or Trinity for energy for hydroid (might not need if you have despoil.)

If you have the hydroid get the kills and then nekros chop up the corpses for more body parts to desecrate it would work too, as each body part is desecrated separately.

Edited by duhadventure

10 minutes ago, duhadventure said:

Hydroid Tentacles with augment only affect enemies killed by it. Multiple Nekros's could be used to catch all the bodies to loot, but they can't desecrate the same body more than once, so two is impractical for unless you are on a large map. They would just do it faster. 2 Nekros with high range and efficiency would work. Also you could bring come Smeeta Kavats for more loot. 4th Frame could be a defensive frame or Trinity for energy for hydroid (might not need if you have despoil.)

If you have the hydroid get the kills and then nekros chop up the corpses for more body parts to desecrate it would work too, as each body part is desecrated separately.

Correction, any enemy killed while in contact with a tentacle has additional chance to drop loot from Hydroid's pilfering augment

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pilfering_Swarm

No they do not stack, a corpse can only be desecrated once by any means. If you really wanna make a loot squad, Get Nekros, Hydroid with aug, Ivara for her pickpocket on her invis, and an Atlas for his petrify aug. 

Although they do not stack multiple nekroses(or whatever the plural is XD) could help you depending on map size. If you are working with a smaller map multiple could be excessive. If it is larger or you aren't staying in one or 2 rooms the entire game multiple could be beneficial for covering all of the areas.

6 hours ago, Wrum said:

more hydroids would mean more tentacles which would mean more enemies killed by tentacles which means more loot. so 3 hydroids and a necros? or is that to squishy?

Going to have to try this...

Thanks for the replies.. running with two nekros in general is generally accepted as being better.. seems that slot should be filled with others with augments..

Take a EV trinity, Nekros and Hydroid. Some of the best farming of resources you can do.

Eg On Assur with this combo is around 4-5k polymer for 30min runs. 

Akkad is mostly for XP farm as survival is better for farming resources. But leveling and focus farming can be great for Akkad. Around 70k focus for till wave 30 with a Nidus.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:10 AM, (Xbox One)BURZYCKI said:

Going to have to try this...

Thanks for the replies.. running with two nekros in general is generally accepted as being better.. seems that slot should be filled with others with augments..

I can confirm this. If the group camps in a small area, a single Nekros is enough. 3 Pilfroids running low range builds can fill a hallway with 36 tentacles. Bonus points if you use different colors. It's trippy.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)BURZYCKI said:

Now just to find 3 people that actually want to play Hydroid...

And Nuclear reactor to generate Energy for them because, as we know, Tentacle Swarm is Strength ability and Pilfering Swarm mod description is clear: Enemies killed by Tentacle Swarm have a 100% Chance at additional drops. What is also well known is that the higher enemies have better Loot, in this case I recommend a decent AoE weapon, Torid is mine goto, and/or Frame with Strength buff, like Ember, Mirage or Banshee, all with Augments. 

Hydroid x Nekros

While Hydroid has 100% Nekros has only 57% Drop Chance but Hydroid is only per body while in Nekros case u can increase Loot with Slash weapons, Braton prime is imo the best, to 4 parts from 1 corpse which is 4 times more then Hydroid. Basically Hydroid to Defence, Nekros to Survival. 4th member in Defense should be Trin or, if u don't care about Pizzas, 2nd Hydroid or Nekros. 1 Nekros can't Desecrate 1 corpse twice but 2 different Nekros can Desecrate same corpse. I don't recommend Nova, u r not going to reach Rot C ASAP, u r farming, MP decrease corpse lasts to around 3 sec and the MP's chain reaction, thanks to Overextended, is killing Enemies out of Nekros range and giving Hydroid no chance to cast.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

I prefer this setup to farm for something at low levels:

Hyrdroid + Nekros + EV + Hydroid

To farm at higher levels, eg. ODD for Mutagen Samples:

Hydroid + Nekros + EV + Banshee with her Sonar augment (Resonance). Sonar will allow Hydroid to kill enemies of much higher levels, allowing him not only tickle enemies with his tentacles for others to kill (which only cover some portion of the enemies), but also to kill them quickly and reliably get those additional drops from every enemy.

Edited by frohdoe

I have found banshee if moded for way too much reach can really be an issue as the enemies die behind closed doors on ODD and or if Nekros and Hydroid are not moded right they will never desecrate or pilfer the dead as it is not reached...

Honestly I love how much true teamwork and thinking this game can require.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)BURZYCKI said:

I have found banshee if moded for way too much reach can really be an issue as the enemies die behind closed doors on ODD and or if Nekros and Hydroid are not moded right they will never desecrate or pilfer the dead as it is not reached...

Honestly I love how much true teamwork and thinking this game can require.

U are probably speaking about SoundQuake, no, definitely not that, @frohdoe and me speak about Resonance augment for Sonar.