Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I buy now?

mosaickle

Question

I have around 500p left from a gift my friend gave me, there are no prime frames or prime/syndicate weapons I want (that I have enough MR for, the prime/syndicate stuff I want are above my MR) and there aren't any normal frames I want (except for Nidus who I got). What stuffs can I buy?

Knowing how impatient I am, I'm probably gonna spend it before I reach MR12 (I'm MR9 right now) so yeah..

What kinda stuff could I buy?

21 answers to this question

Or are there ways to level up much faster? People says that leveling up 'destroys the feel of the game' but honestly I feel like I've experienced what I need to (at least for MR12), I don't think I'm gonna experience anything majorly different between now and MR12 anyway

18 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Or are there ways to level up much faster? People says that leveling up 'destroys the feel of the game' but honestly I feel like I've experienced what I need to (at least for MR12), I don't think I'm gonna experience anything majorly different between now and MR12 anyway

You can buy Affinity Boosters that double your earned affinity. Other than that, no, but MR fodder weapons are easy to level: just equip only MR fodder weapons on a support frame like trinity, banshee, or speedva and go to a public mission on Akkad. Your weapons will level very quickly without firing a single shot.

honestly, forma.  I've spent probably a couple thousand platinum just on forma bundles.  but if you really want to be productive with your platinum, start a trading business.  whether you trade for yourself and make a profit that way, or you trade for other people and make even more, you should end up with more than what you've got now.  500 is the perfect amount for that.

On 5/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, DogManDan said:

this. weapon & frame slots is the first thing to invest in

On 5/4/2017 at 9:14 PM, -NvO-Venom said:

honestly, forma.  I've spent probably a couple thousand platinum just on forma bundles.

Once again, the slots and forma people give terrible advice.  There is no reason to ever stock up on slots.  I don't even think they ever go on sale.  Just buy slots as needed.  You never need an open slot unless you are about to acquire a weapon or frame.

Forma will go on sale at 55 percent off at the conclusion of the Darvo's Deals event a week from Monday.  Don't buy forma before that.  Even then, just 100p will get you 11 forma, which will be plenty to play around with.  

I wouldn't make any major purchases until you see Darvo's daily specials next week.  Then I would consider buying vaulted primes or something else.  Boosters wasn't a bad idea.  

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

I mean, if you're asking other players it would seem you don't need anything,  right?

I would hold onto it until you find something you want. After a while a lot of play value is lost through buying things with plat.

It of course depends how long you've played the game and how often you play but outside cosmetics, you're robbing yourself of play time.

As a long term player I tend to try and farm everything I can and save plat for things I can't farm. Otherwise it's just less to do.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Forma will go on sale at 55 percent off at the conclusion of the Darvo's Deals event a week from Monday.  Don't buy forma before that.  Even then, just 100p will get you 11 forma, which will be plenty to play around with.  

I would never buy form when you can easily pick it up for free many times over in relic runs. You cannot pickup slots for free and having a few extra for future is smarter than not having any when you are ready to claim a weapon and have spent all your platinum on dumb things such as forma. 11 forma as you say gets you nowhere when trying to max gear up.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

I would never buy form when you can easily pick it up for free many times over in relic runs. You cannot pickup slots for free and having a few extra for future is smarter than not having any when you are ready to claim a weapon and have spent all your platinum on dumb things such as forma. 11 forma as you say gets you nowhere when trying to max gear up.

If the guy said he was a brand new player with 100p or less, I would say yes, save it for slots and such.  He has 500p.  Why not dream big?  The problem with these "I have a huge amount of plat to spend" topics is that they get a bunch of replies from cheapskates who have nevet had a triple digit amount of plat before.

Sell a trash prime warframe set or a syndicate weapon for below market price and you can buy two warframe slots or six weapon slots.  There is no reason to have more slots than you need unless you so incompetent that you can't budget your plat or figure out how to sell stuff on trade chat.

The problem with Forma comes when you really get into refining your kit but you can only make one for free every 24 hours.  This problem is compounded when trying to build exilus adapters and weapons that also take forma.  It's an artificial limit on how fast you can improve your gear.  I don't know if the OP has reached this point yet, but I was just responding to the suggestion someone else made that he stock up on forma when he can wait a week for a huge discount.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

If the guy said he was a brand new player with 100p or less, I would say yes, save it for slots and such.  He has 500p.  Why not dream big?  The problem with these "I have a huge amount of plat to spend" topics is that they get a bunch of replies from cheapskates who have nevet had a triple digit amount of plat before.

Sell a trash prime warframe set or a syndicate weapon for below market price and you can buy two warframe slots or six weapon slots.  There is no reason to have more slots than you need unless you so incompetent that you can't budget your plat or figure out how to sell stuff on trade chat.

The problem with Forma comes when you really get into refining your kit but you can only make one for free every 24 hours.  This problem is compounded when trying to build exilus adapters and weapons that also take forma.  It's an artificial limit on how fast you can improve your gear.  I don't know if the OP has reached this point yet, but I was just responding to the suggestion someone else made that he stock up on forma when he can wait a week for a huge discount.

I want to delete my post so idk what to write here lol

Edited by LeBronasaurus
sdf

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Once again, the slots and forma people give terrible advice.  There is no reason to ever stock up on slots.  I don't even think they ever go on sale.  Just buy slots as needed.  You never need an open slot unless you are about to acquire a weapon or frame.

I wouldn't make any major purchases until you see Darvo's daily specials next week.  Then I would consider buying vaulted primes or something else.  Boosters wasn't a bad idea.  

a) he has 500p only, and if he waits to buy slots, he may not have the platinum required when he needs it the most. Better to be safe than sorry.

b) don't even bother waiting for Darvo's Deals, because buying forma w/ platinum should never be an option on the table.

c) buying vaulted 'Frames? Really? Because 550p for Ember with a little more armour and energy is worth it, or 450 for Loki Prime that's unvaulted in a month or two is worth it? He'll be completely out of platinum from one 'Frame! Vaulted Warframes are never, I repeat never worth the purchase unless you're rolling around in platinum. The two or three Warframes that are an exception are Nova and Volt, as they are both very cheap. I recommend, and I believe most people will agree with me, Warframe slots, weapon slots, catalysts, and reactors. 

Also, never rush... definitely not worth it.

Edited by LeBronasaurus
Grammatical errors.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:43 AM, Kusungphak said:

I would try to reach MR14 buying vaulted prime warframes and weapons. Then you can pretty much get anything in the game.  

Ignore this post, I want to delete it lol

Edited by LeBronasaurus
idk

On 5/5/2017 at 7:49 AM, Atylia said:

I have around 500p left from a gift my friend gave me, there are no prime frames or prime/syndicate weapons I want (that I have enough MR for, the prime/syndicate stuff I want are above my MR) and there aren't any normal frames I want (except for Nidus who I got). What stuffs can I buy?

Knowing how impatient I am, I'm probably gonna spend it before I reach MR12 (I'm MR9 right now) so yeah..

What kinda stuff could I buy?

Are you in a hurry to spend them?

Keep them with you,

You will never know when you will need them for a specific reason. don't be in a hurry, they don't expire