The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff crit damage of all low crit chance weapons

Xekrin

Essentially give all these non crit viable weapons a bit of a Nukor treatment.  Nukor has the highest critical damage in the game at 4.0x yet only has 1.0% critical chance.  This makes it a really unique weapon.  It also has a great status chance and procs radiation so it has quite a lot to offer for those who know how to wield it.

However, there are quite a few weapons that have 2.5% critical chance and only 1.5x critical damage.  The odds of critting are low, clearly, without the high payoff when it does happen.  

What I would like to see is varying critical damage multipliers for these weapons.  1.7x, 2.3x, 3.8x.  There are plenty of values between the bland default 1.5 and 4.0x which is atm the highest value given to a weapon.  Why not give a bit more reward for the effort?

There are a ton of crit weapons available and a lot of them yield great results with standard critical damage of 2.0x or 2.5x, so why not the opposite, just to give those straight damage, yet not so great at critical, weapons a bit of a bang occasionally.

Please note I am aware there are ways to manipulate critical chance and damage via rivens, buffs and abilities.  Also bear in mind that while your god like riven for so and so weapon makes it far better than anything we can imagine, this thread isn't about your stories of triumph.  It is about low crit weapons in general to which everyone has access.

While this thread was spurred by the release of Supra Vandal (a paltry 2.5% crit chance and 1.5x crit damage), this also includes weapons such as Kunai (which I love) and Lato, among others.  There will be exceptions that do not require such buffs, yet remember this shouldn't be cause to exclude all weapons.

I'd rather see a boost to status chance to be honest. It may not feel as rewarding directly but it will carry you much further in the end, and at the same time wont feel as a tagged on stat. Also think about that the kavat crit buffs that exist (would be a bit insane if you ask me). 

I would love to see status and both crit chance / damage boosts and ocassionaly in few weapon damage boost and given some new mechanical. For example the ether series have a bonus damage multipier against infested enemies and can staggering the mobs. Low crit chance and mediocre status on them and I would like to see some extra damage boost maybe up to 30-35 the slash and 7-7 the rest.

As for weapons like tiberon which looks very cool and only one part where it could be shine is the raw damage needs badly some extra status and crit chance and it would be nice a same treatement like stradavar made. An option to change between single and burst fire mode could make it more useful with an increased 15-20% status and 25% crit chance the rest is fine I guess. There is also a lot of weapons which needs treatements badly but not only crit and status but overall tweaks.

meh, Weapons being able to trick casual Players into saying they're 'great' because if they use this and that specific Equipment suddenly it tends to do like 10x Damage doesn't really seem like a good feature to me.

would much rather such a Weapon achieve that if it wishes to thematically, via Mechanics native to the Weapon. Mutalist Quanta being one example, that it is a stealth mode Crit Weapon, doesn't announce it's presence as one. and is an actual feature of the Weapon because it does so regardless of Mods.
whereas for the most part Weapons don't feature things thematically, this or that Weapon with high Crit Chance isn't really featuring all that much other than higher DPS and rewarding hitting Weakpoints more than usual.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nukor crit. stats are just a joke. It is a prank from the DEVs.

The Crit. DMG Multi is great indeed... But pointless considering the Crit. Chance rate.

So yes, many weapons should receive some treatment on those particular stats.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

If crit was buffed on everything it would feel like most weapons felt the same.

Possibly, but DE made the game into a crit based combat system, why not embrace it.  Buffing the damage multiplier on weapons that have less than 5% base critical chance will at the very least offer a touch more variety on the lower end of the spectrum for players who don't wish to adhere to the meta.

4 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Possibly, but DE made the game into a crit based combat system, why not embrace it.  Buffing the damage multiplier on weapons that have less than 5% base critical chance will at the very least offer a touch more variety on the lower end of the spectrum for players who don't wish to adhere to the meta.

True, it might make some things a little op but if it's done skillfully it might bring the bottom end up to viable. They also need to work on beam weapons but thats a whole other project