The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Ancients be nerfed?

Sniper2458

Hooks are ridiculous. Scorpions and Ancients. They shouldnt use it when we're within 5 meters of them coming at them, they should use them when they cant reach us or are trying to run away from them.

Its one of the most infuriating things in this game to me currently. If not a behavioral change, make it so that once the hook connects, it puts us in the block animation and we have a short window, lets say 1 second, to roll away from it. That would add skillful counter play.

1 hour ago, GrimSoulis said:

Simple solution stay in stealth WOW you avoided being hooked altogether, or switch to Naramon and melee for infested GG. Either way they die easily.

But then for those who like survival *cough including me cough* will make enemy spawn rate decrease. Plus only a few frames can survival for a while anyways, not including stealth frames.

These things certainly annoying and I am agree with these but for me the rapid spawning the most annoying. The sudden back spawns and hookstabs. The toxic and disruptor the most ugliest kind of them but the whole game contain disgusting and annoying enemies. That's why we have to kill them.

5 hours ago, Sniper2458 said:

I'm just curios to see if anyone else thinks the Ancient healers and all other versions of Ancient healers should be nerfed? I personally do, i'm trying to get the last part for Octavia (drop chance is around 20% but i've done 9 runs and still haven't got it smh.) and to get it you have to do a infested survival which i love. But i can only do it once before i take a break because these damn Ancient healers and other forms of it are so annoying.

First of all their hooks are heat seeking just like bombards so they have around 90% accuracy so you're very likely to be hooked and raped by everything that you just got dragged into.

Second of all there seems to be a very high range of their hook, for example i was across a big room and i was still hooked.

Third of all they can hook you even if they are laying down on the ground due to being knocked off their feet.

And Fourth of all if they shoot their hook at you and you go to another room before you even get hit by it, it can still hook you and bring you to them. I think they should be nerfed to a certain extent so you're not for sure going to be raped if you get hooked by one.

1) They are in a straight line not heat seeking, move more. zig-zag, roll.. (People are horrible about standing in one spot and shooting)

2)Yup it has a long range just like Valkyr's ripline.

3)They likely fired it off before you ever knocked them down, you can do that with Valkyr too

4) Read #1

The only thing annoy me when fighting infested is those parasitic eximus, their energy drain area is quite huge especially since they spawn in a group cause suddenly there go all energy and often we dont realise until chunks of energy already gone. 

4 hours ago, GrimSoulis said:

Simple solution stay in stealth WOW you avoided being hooked altogether, or switch to Naramon and melee for infested GG. Either way they die easily.

Well I wouldn't call that a solution. That's just an excuse to keep buggy and broken things in the game. I'm not saying that Ancients should be nerfed, but I do want them to be less glitchy and not hit scan Roadhog style. 

i play nezha with maglev, so i am constantly moving in infested missions, still get aim botted and hooked over and over again, oh and an enemy that can give 99.99% damage reduction of an aoe of a 10 mile radius (blessing trinity......) not exactly balanced, want to play squish, oh look here comes the toxic ancient ready to one hit KO you 

3 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Well I wouldn't call that a solution. That's just an excuse to keep buggy and broken things in the game. I'm not saying that Ancients should be nerfed, but I do want them to be less glitchy and not hit scan Roadhog style. 

Then their hook would be pretty much useless flying out in a straight line, honestly don't got a problem with how it's atm, can honestly kill them before their hook even grabs you since they're pretty easy to kill, I don't consider it broken but instead I say they're just able to control their hook and make it go around a corner to grab you or simply change direction, changing the hit scan on their hook would just make them less of a threat altogether and in the end if that happened you may as well just remove them from the game because that hook is the only thing making them a threat as it currently is since they drop dead easily.

Edited by GrimSoulis

11 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

1) They are in a straight line not heat seeking, move more. zig-zag, roll.. (People are horrible about standing in one spot and shooting)

2)Yup it has a long range just like Valkyr's ripline.

3)They likely fired it off before you ever knocked them down, you can do that with Valkyr too

4) Read #1

It is heat seeking, I've watched one @$)(*!&$*$( chase me.

If the hooks are annoying you, there are several frames at your disposal that laugh in the faces of ancients and their feeble hook attacks.

Atlas has innate knockdown immunity as long as your feet are planted on the ground. Rhino with active Iron Skin is immune to hooks/knockdowns and toxic ancient breath. Oberon standing on his Hallowed Ground is immune to ancient hooks and also negates all ancient auras, making it easier to kill all enemies in the area.

18 hours ago, Leo17453 said:

Maybe the toxic ancients need a bit of change (in a sortie one of them literally roared and one-shotted me and another tenno, both of us had pretty tanky frames), but the only infested unit really in need of a nerf is those damn Ospreys. That fart gas is simply too strong.

it's the fart gas that's really the problem.  Ancients and their hooks I just block it.  Yep, the hook can be blocked.

On 11/05/2017 at 9:23 PM, Sniper2458 said:

This happens to me once maybe twice per 20 minute run and it's very annoying because theres no counter play.

Glad i'm not the only one.

It's survival i'm never stopping, if you didn't realize or read what i said about them their hooks chase you. Like if you're standing still and you see a hook coming at you and you jump you will notice most of the time it will start moving up and towards you.

I'm not a no skill excal main running it with a melee i prefer to have fun and shoot things in a shooting game.

It's hard to kill them when theres 6 of them and each time you try to kill one you just get hooked and then get hooked again, then you get up and kill one or two but guess what 2 more have already spawned and are ready to aimbot hook you.

Well, if you DO stay put in place, yeah, you can get hooked constantly. But that is why we have parkour abilities, double jump, bullet jump, high speed, etc. You gotta take advantage of these.

Edited by RextintorZ

1 minute ago, RextintorZ said:

Well, if you DO stay put in place, yeah, you can get hooked constantly. But that is why we have parkour abilities, double jump, bullet jump, high speed, etc. You gotta take advantage of these.

I just wanna know who the hell stands still, you think i stand there itching my crotch?

1 hour ago, Sniper2458 said:

I just wanna know who the hell stands still, you think i stand there itching my crotch?

You don't want to know how many people I see constantly just standing still and shooting then are promptly dragged off or mowed down.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

You don't want to know how many people I see constantly just standing still and shooting then are promptly dragged off or mowed down.

Hmm weird, i thought it was common sense to always keep moving. xD

Those hooks are the problem in my opinion, same with scorpions, that mechanic feels just too awkward, not sure if due to lag issues or something, but sometimes they feel undodgeable, like they start the hook animation, and im in another room already and still get caught. 

Theyre easy to go up against if you stay aware. They walk slowly, its easy to predict when they will hook you. Kill them or get out of range, What more do you want from an enemy? that they all just run at you stupidly soaking up bullets?