Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino tweaks/synergy/augments

(PSN)big_eviljak

2 hours ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

I just want rhino's stomp to do way more damage. That's the most important part all female frame got more base damage than he does and for his name and epic stomp it should be stronger 

I know right?  Rhino doesnt even go along with his own description as "The heaviest warframe".  His jump slam and Passive should be alot deadlier, his charge should basically e a OHK on a single enemy, blowing the enemy apart into shrapnel that spreads nad hits other enemies.  His Stomp should basically melt entire groups, his Roar should both taunt and increase damage, not by 75%, but more like 150%-200%.  Make Rhino actually useful past just being a cheese frame that cant die through the normal game missions....

On 2017-5-11 at 11:38 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Rhino needs an armor buff

250 armor for his standard form

475 armor for his primed form

And his base power should be 125 for both versions.

+1

4 hours ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

I just want rhino's stomp to do way more damage. That's the most important part all female frame got more base damage than he does and for his name and epic stomp it should be stronger 

+1

Rhino as a whole needs a facelift. His scaling from the last rework is overshadowed by every other warframe out now. Iron skin is too big of a focus...his entire kit needs sum more love. Heck his iron skin cannot stand up to high tier enemies without the use of some of his augments....the frame needs another look.

He needs higher health, more armor, more base energy...and his 1 and his 4 need to scale with enemies and do more damage. His 2 needs higher base health...needs a longer invincibility time...and needs to be recastable.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Rhino as a whole needs a facelift. His scaling from the last rework is overshadowed by every other warframe out now. Iron skin is too big of a focus...his entire kit needs sum more love. Heck his iron skin cannot stand up to high tier enemies without the use of some of his augments....the frame needs another look.

He needs higher health, more armor, more base energy...and his 1 and his 4 need to scale with enemies and do more damage. His 2 needs higher base health...needs a longer invincibility time...and needs to be recastable.

Have his Iron Skin absorb a large % of incoming damage, which then reduces the damage that hits his shields/health by an additional %.  So hes hit by 200 damage, IS initially  absorbs, say 25%, so 150 goes on to hit his shields, but that is then reduced by a further 25%, down to  112.5, reducing the damage to his shields by almost 100.  Iron Skin becomes a maintained skill, costing 25 initial cost and 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/s after that to maintain. 

In this, his Iron skin goes from god mode, to one where he can reduce and sustain damage throughout his shields and health bar.  It would scale better because the more pwr strength and armor you have, and the higher the damage amount, the more % it blocks.  Say you get hit by 1000 points, normally, breaching his shields instantly.  This time you have 185% pwr str, increasing that 25% above to 46%.  IS would block 46%, or 460, right off the top.  The 2nd phase reduces the remaining 540 a further 46% to 291, that finally hits his shields.  When you get through Rhino's shields, you would then still have Iron skin running, which would then be getting the 46% absorption and 46% reduction, alongside his 701 armor, making damage to his health very minimal.  Rhino wouldnt be invulnerable, but he would sustain much larger hits then any normal frame, since, well, damage mitigation is the key to any good tank. 

On the topic of his Charge: Make it where it deals significantly more damage to a single target, but instead of knocking everyone around, it instead releases a wave of spikes, up to 25m away and up to 15m wide, in an arc from Rhino, heavily damaging or killing everyone in the path.  Further more, it has a high % chance of inflicting a Slash proc(cuz it would make them bleed), to add to the damage.  Damage is equal to Rhino's Armor amount+Power strength, so in the case of my Rhino it would be 701*1.85 for 1296 dmg.  The spike wave deals half the initial damage.

His Roar: He uses this to increase his innate damage resistance, as well as the resistance of his party for 30s.  In addition, for the duration, if he dies while Roar is active, he is instantly restored to 25% life, at the cost of 100 energy.  If 100 energy is not available at the time, then the effect doesnt work. 

His Stomp: Works as it does now, but any monsters he kills while they are in stasis, he absorbs their essence back, as 1% of his total energy. 

Rhino doesn't really need that many changes in my opinion, at least not a full rework. However, there are some inconsistencies and little improvements that Can be made. 

While 475 armor is a huge stretch for Rhino and Prime, he should at least have a bit more or the same as Excalibur. The reason I think that they didnt is because the health and shields of Rhino make for more EHP than Excalibur anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Keep in mind that Rhino is one of the earliest frames available to players, so simply dumping more armor on him is going to make new players think he's the best of the frames, which he would be for starchart purposes. We also have to keep frame diversity in mind. 

The passive is garbage. No two ways about it. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've ever found it more than a hindrance with a Lotus-awful sound. Heavy landings slow down an already slow frame even more,and the effect lacks the range, availability and situational usefulness to ever be viable. There are a lot of different things that can be made into a much better and more suitable passive. Increased attack speed or damage with Heavy Melee and/or hammers. Knockdown enemies or send them flying with heavy Melee attacks. Increased Melee slam knockdown range. A medium chance to knock down enemies on a hit with any Melee weapon. Even something as simple as decreased recoil due to his bulk. 

Rhino charge and its augment are really just fine as they are, there's no real reason to modify them. For Iron skin I'd like to shy away from invulnerability phases, nut there's really nothing I can think of besides giving it a longer period, but not too long, in which it absorbs damage. Iron shrapnel could use a bit more range though, something like 3m more so you don't have to be right next to someone to do it. Another change would be that Iron shrapnel activates when Iron skin is depleted as well as being triggered, but only doing the knockdown when depleted instead of doing damage. 

Roar needs to be made recast able. There's no reason for it not to be. Also we could have it knock away enemies affected by Rhino Stomp to the edge of its range for synergy. 

Let's face it, Piercing roar is just bad. If anything,  integrate with regular Roar.  It wouldn't make any difference anyway, and DE did say that some augments could become parts of the ability. What the augment  could do is provide damage reduction or increased puncture damage as some have suggested. I think it should either have a short  effect like Terrify on Nekros or provide an impact or blast  proc to those in range for a short stun, nothing too drastic. Roar has a big range, so Rhino should be able to take advantage of that. 

Roar  > Ferrox Secondary Fire  to group up  5-10 enemies together >  Charge into the lot > Iron Skin that Mofo  >  Pull  out  jag  kittag  with  crushing ruin and  watch everything  get launched into  orbit  while they  barely  scrap your 60k Iron  skin > Chillax for a bit (Maybe do some crossfit) while the enemy tries to put your Iron  Skin down do 5 % > Iron Shrapnel dat Shiz down > Rinse and Repeat

If you see a  Nulli just run like no  tomorrow   :thumbup:

EDIT : I do  agree with  roar augment rework  and   armor  buff  

Edited by (PS4)Censooored

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Charge Augment only gives bonus for 10 secs. Needs to be a permanent buff...it wouldn't be op to do so.

Once you pop  IS  with the  charge  buff  it  does  not decrease the EHP  of  the iron  skin  when  the armor  buff  disapear  

On 13.05.2017 at 2:48 PM, (PS4)owenslim said:

I've always known a rhino for pure strength but this rhino doesn't have that. Rhino's stomp should be dealing way more damage. I got my damage up to 300% and I wasn't able to kill lvl 28+ enemies with it and that's very sad. For an ability to look so epic and does no damage is really boring while mostly all the other frames deal damage on their 4th ability. Rhino's stomp needs buff and a major one too.

... because another "press 4 to win" warframe is what we all need, right? 

... WRONG 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Censooored said:

Once you pop  IS  with the  charge  buff  it  does  not decrease the EHP  of  the iron  skin  when  the armor  buff  disapear  

Uh, yes it does

56 minutes ago, Jochcio said:

... because another "press 4 to win" warframe is what we all need, right? 

... WRONG 

His 4 doesnt kill anything above lvl 40...so a little buff isnt gonna wreck anything.

8 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Uh, yes it does

His 4 doesnt kill anything above lvl 40...so a little buff isnt gonna wreck anything.

Do some testing the  buff  is  to the  armor . Read the wiki about  how IS  EHP  is calculated you'll  see  . Once  you cast charge as long  as you cast  IS within the  buff window  your  IS  will stay  the same and  not diminish  once the  buff  is gone

he really needs some armor, what he has now is abysmal, i want his armor to at least 800-1000. that's respectable for a TANK frame, even squisher frames have more armor, makes no sense at all. 
a little health buff would also be great.

5 hours ago, Vanrythzx said:

he really needs some armor, what he has now is abysmal, i want his armor to at least 800-1000. that's respectable for a TANK frame, even squisher frames have more armor, makes no sense at all. 
a little health buff would also be great.

Hold your horses m8 - that is really too much. I could agree on rhino having 350/435 for N/P, but 800-1000? Even Valkyr has less. You can not outclass everyone at the same time.

1 hour ago, TheHUNKMrDeath said:

Hold your horses m8 - that is really too much. I could agree on rhino having 350/435 for N/P, but 800-1000? Even Valkyr has less. You can not outclass everyone at the same time.

Ofc u can. Rhino was meant to be the "Heaviest frame" he SHOULD have extremely high armor.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Ofc u can. Rhino was meant to be the "Heaviest frame" he SHOULD have extremely high armor.

But considering his abilities he has CCx2, dmg buff and his skin, which will make many frames look pale in comparasion. He needs only reasonable buff to armor and ability to recast all skills by default.

1 hour ago, TheHUNKMrDeath said:

and i don't even know why valkyr has this amount of armor, she is a "berserk"-frame, with invincibility, makes no sense at all in the first place, so why can't rhino have a reasonable amount of armor ? well 800-1000 is maybe a little too much, but he need a big buff, what he has now is abysmal. 

2 hours ago, Vanrythzx said:

and i don't even know why valkyr has this amount of armor, she is a "berserk"-frame, with invincibility, makes no sense at all in the first place, so why can't rhino have a reasonable amount of armor ? well 800-1000 is maybe a little too much, but he need a big buff, what he has now is abysmal. 

Couldn't agree more.

400armor forstandard and 525 armor for prime

An extra 25 power for prime

And sum base dmg increases as wellas being able to recast his 2 and 3

• 2 weeks later...