The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Nidus infested tumour

MudShadow

It was amusing the first time. Maybe even the second time. But when it happens for the fourth/fifth or sixth time, every frame the player makes gets a damn tumour sticking out of their neck for seven days. Yeah it gets old.  Maybe nerf that S#&&#036 and just allow the player to remove it any stage after infection. Thanks.

Edited by MudShadow

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

never underestimate the power of fashionframe: it's a big deal to those of us who put time into making our frames look as awesome as possible.

Which is almost all I do because thats the RealEndgameTM. Doesn't change much seeing seeing as its a one and done type deal that is hardly noticeable till the final stage, which is an easy fix. I really can't see why it bothers some people that much.

3 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

I'd love to see how people like this, whom over-react handle the conflicts of the waking world.

of all the things to gripe about, it's this that sets your panties a-blaze :facepalm:

It gets repetitive and mundane. That is the issue. Something which started off as being creative, gets old real quick. I already have an infested charger, I don't need to have every frame I build locked into a 7 day cycle of watching a god damn tumour grow on their neck. It's dumb.

14 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

It gets repetitive and mundane. That is the issue. Something which started off as being creative, gets old real quick. I already have an infested charger, I don't need to have every frame I build locked into a 7 day cycle of watching a god damn tumour grow on their neck. It's dumb.

Yeah you got a point. We don't need the cyst anymore. Seems like every frame to be released from now on will now be locked to a 7 day cycle. Unless majority of the community cure themselves so no one will be able to get infected again. 

Worst part is. When a new frame releases. After I fully level the frame. I have to wait till after 7 days to get that perfect captura shot because FashionFrame. Or should I say FashionCaptura?

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

21 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Cure cyst permanently at Helminth room in orbiter.

Did you say "Cure cyst permanently at Helminth room in orbiter?" I would never have believed that I could "Cure cyst permanently at Helminth room in orbiter." Excuse me, I'm off to "Cure cyst permanently at Helminth room in orbiter."

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Yeah you got a point. We don't need the cyst anymore. Seems like every frame to be released from now on will now be locked to a 7 day cycle. Unless majority of the community cure themselves so no one will be able to get infected again. 

I have 32 frames, I have removed it from 31.

It's a non issue specially as almost no one has the tumor anymore.

1 minute ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

went through 41 frames, and not once was I annoyed or upset about it.

but I suppose different triggers per individual, I cannot stand mission stopping bugs. while others cannot tolerate a giant pink wart waving hello at them.

large.gif

It's more about FashionFrame. It's like when it's on your frame. Your eyes is just drawn to it. Like a stain on a plain white t shirt.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

It's more about FashionFrame. It's like when it's on your frame. Your eyes is just drawn to it. Like a stain on a plain white t shirt.

Doesn't change the fact that it's gone permanently once removed.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

you get a cyst, switch to another frame for 7 days ( or as many frames you like), roll back to your infected frame, cure it, repeat.  you can live without your favorite frame for 7 days.

Having to wait 7 days for it is still quite silly though.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

you get a cyst, switch to another frame for 7 days ( or as many frames you like), roll back to your infected frame, cure it, repeat.  you can live without your favorite frame for 7 days.

Or they can just let it be cured straight away after infection. Because  the novelty of watching a tumour grow wears off after the second or third time . It's the same as reading the same book over and over again. Yeah some people do that I suppose, but not all of us. Yes we saw the "story" of how our warframes caught an infested aids tumour on its neck, and created an infested pet from it. That was a  creative idea DE. But that doesn't mean we all want to see the same tale told over and over again every time we build a new frame. I mean what is the point? we already have the infested charger, the story is done and dusted. If they're going to keep it the way it is then they should at least put another mechanic to the tumour besides making a pet from it.

Edited by MudShadow

16 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

How do you prevent your second frame to get infected? At some point, all your frame are infected.

You chaps do know that sitting an infected warframe, into the infested chair in Helminth's quarters, allows you to not only remove the cyst at any stage of its development, but also permanently inoculate that frame against future infections?

2 minutes ago, Ryunokage said:

You chaps do know that sitting an infected warframe, into the infested chair in Helminth's quarters, allows you to not only remove the cyst at any stage of its development, but also permanently inoculate that frame against future infections?

You can only enter with a fully bred cyst.

1 minute ago, Ryunokage said:

You need a fully mature cyst to have the cyst drained for a helminth charger.

Unless things have changed since last I cured my frames, i could walk a frame into the chamber regardless of how far along the cyst was.

Fully mature or its a no go, in my experience.