Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MELEE 3.0

IfritKajiTora

I'm tired of melee 2.0 which isn't good.
All you need to do is to enter Warframe Wiki and look for a stance that makes the most Damage or even take down enemies. And do the same combo over and over making other combos on the list useless.

All stances should have 2 or 3 combos on the ground:
First combo with highest damage that is only one target. Example: E,E,E,E,E,E,E
Second combo that have AoE attack that is good for a group of enemies: Example: E,E, stop, E,E,E,E,E
Third combo that have AoE attack to the ground that can take down enemies: Example E,E,E, Guard+E,E,E

Making all combos useful using them all depending on the situation.

Then we need some one strike SPECIAL ATTACKS that will let us do different stuff:
Dash or dodge to chosen direction and medium power swing: Direction button +E (small cooldown)
Swing with jump that will send us to the air Crouch + E

Charge attacks should do 2 strong swings, that will be better to mix up some combos. Charge attacks should be able to cancel by guard or special attacks.

All attacks on the ground should be cancelled by special attacks mixing up to combos,
for example:
E,E,Guard+E,E, Crouch+E, E(slam attack form air)
E,E,E,E,E, Hold E (One strong attack), Direction+E  (Cancelling second strong hit to a dodge+swing to avoid incoming melee attack)

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I would much prefer a horzontal/vertical strike system that you can chain into combos devil may cry style. It feels much more fluid than adding in Holds or pauses. That and charge attacks need the ability to be modded for like they used to. 

I kind of like the idea of having basic melee attacks do one thing, then other button combos doing alternate things (eg, if you melee is E, then E does a normal slash, forward & E does a lunge with more recovery time between attacks, backwards & E does a less damaging stagger attack, ect, ect.). This way you free up players to make there own combos rather than having to remember new combos every time they switch weapons.

Stances could be used to determine what effect each of these combos does. (ideally it would be sort of like how attacks work in black desert online, but just when your melee weapon is equipped). Obviously this would only work in melee mode, in quick melee you just get the E attacks.

I have mentioned the same thing in the past. Most weapon combos don't have uniqueness to them or functionality. No real incentive to use most combos over spamming the best thing or just spamming the melee button randomly. 

Certain ones are amazing, like Trainquil Cleave that actually does finisher damage. Or Tempo Royale that has highly mobile and wide ranging attacks that knock enemies around. But other than those I can't say I have any preference on stances other than what gives the most points when slotted.