Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Temperment

Mousarchy

Before we get started lets be clear im not talking about there race and the ability. but the actual mindset of your companions.

now one of the thing people dislike about companions is the fact they tend to get themselves in some trouble. (or they just kinda dont kill things when you'd like them too.) and thus here we are.and while this may not solve ALL the AI issues we have with them it should at the very least give us a little more control.
feel free to put your ideas/changes/more styles. 

now each pet would have there default temperament when born. (the standard AI/choose whatever) and while talking to some people had the idea to add a small buff to the pet depending on the temperament they are using.

Temperaments:

Aggressive- your companion is more savage and lusts for blood. more likely to run ahead of you to assault the enemy tearing them limb from limb.
of course this means your pet would run away from you more often. but would come with a higher chance to proc bleed procs on all it's attack. good for people who want to pull some damage output from your pet

Protective-your companion is a little over-protective of you. standing by your side and killing anyone who dares attacks its owner.
this would be close to the current on/off attack pattern. would be the equivalent to the revenge sentinel mod. were they only attack if your attacked. I was thinking of a defensive buff. maybe increased evasion.

Relaxed- Your companion likes to stick by your side. preferring not to exert itself with strenuous combat unless it needs too.
This would be you 'sentinel' type pet. it would stay by your side. and only attack things that get real close (like 5m or so). would get a CD buff on its abilities.

Curious-  your companion constantly is getting into things they probably shouldn't have. Finding there way into trouble more often than not.
the companion will stray from you more often but would come with   a natural 10% scavenger (giving it 100% chance with the mod. and of course they would attempt to open lockers more often.) they would also have a natural 5m enemy radar from there position. similar to a short ranged 'sense danger'. and the ability to fetch stolen weapons (either that or buff chesa to obtain this weapon return power)

Tenno obedience school:

So being able to change the temperment should be easy but not a super simple "change the coller" Have something that requires you to actually think...do I WANT my companion to act this way? So lets send the companion to a training class for a handful of credits to have its temperaments changed for your playstyle so you can always have your companions acting the way you want it too.

Edited by Ordosan

5 minutes ago, Hezekiah said:

Doesn't their breed already determine their temperament?  Diggers, protective, hunters , fetchers etcetera?

That's their abilities, not behavior. Pretty sure they all have the same base AI, which as far as I am aware doesn't have varying temperament.

15 minutes ago, Hezekiah said:

Doesn't their breed already determine their temperament?  Diggers, protective, hunters , fetchers etcetera?

As stated in the first line. but ya. they all have teh same actions. the protective kubrow will often run ahead of you, diggers will often be in combat, half the time the hunters wont even run ahead of you to chase the target.

this is to set up your specific kubrow to do what you want. want your huras to be more ham? train him to be aggressive. whant your akdarza to stay out of firing range and focus on giving you sweet dmg boost at a faster rate? train him to be more Relax. want your chesa to collect more locally and not get shot as much? teach him to be more protective.

but ya as somemone said they all run on basically the same base AI...follow owner attack thing unless activating power.

Good idea. It would certanly make our companions fell more alive.

It's nice to see someone else besides me who wants something more in our companions.

A while ago i had the idea of how your kubrow's genetic stability and loyalty would effect it's preformance on the landing craft and in missions. For example, if genetic stability is too low, the kubrow would started getting slow and would be triping and falling and if loyalty is too low it would be avoiding you and refuse to use it's abilities.

I also had some other ideas for kubrows, if you are interested you can find them here->  Kubrow augment collars  and    Kubrow commands (archived)

19 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I am all for this as long as it I don't have to breed for it. Ye gods I burnt myself out on trying to get my perfect kubrow. I never even succeeded either T_T.

oh yes of course. while they would START with an initial temperament (or maybe even the current default 'natural') I of course want to add in "obedience training" with temperment so you can train your companions to act in a certain manner.

I would like to be able to tell my derpy Kavat to not go and slaughter anything it sees after I sleep every enemy in the room as Ivara to rack up that 500% stealth multiplier with finishers and such. Kubrows are still horrendously $&*&*#(%& when it comes to AI and ability usage unless it's Huras due to that invis actually working (Shade is a bit wonky too still).