Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void rechanged

Hey guys, i know some of you wont agree with me on this, some of you might. I also put up a post like this on the devstream forum coming up,but i hope to get some other people's feedback on a thought me and my friends had. Ive been a warframe player for over 3 years and i dont see me stopping. however i have been coping with a change that has been made about a year and some change ago, which is the new void  fissure/prime system. even though it is a great concept, i dreadfully miss the old void, farming on endless missions, kinda not caring what i get, especially not wasting tons of keys on one survival. due to this change. most of my friends cant find any inspiration to play anymore, it was mostly what they did. not only that, trade chat has been extremely horrible. everyone now thinks that any full set ( ash, trinity etc ) deserves nothing but 50 platinum or less. as well and prime and hard to get gold mods, when maxed, deserves not even 150 plat! the effort is gone to farm these things.

but it's not DE's fault, atleast not fully. that's why ive come up with a change that'll seem, in my opinion, interesting and keeps DE"s ideas from being a waste! we can change the void back to its regular state for getting prime frames and weapons, bringing back keys, but also ( here's the kicker c: ) use the void fissures as an event for the unvaulting of past primes! with this, the void relics (relics now correctly establishes as relics meaning objects from the past) can now be the benefactor of farming old primes across the system, and while the void keys will now still change everytime a prime leaves and enters, the vold relics now store the old primes for our continuous farm when the event comes again, or just selling these for others when the time comes.

now i can already sense that ive made a logic error in that explaination somewhere, thats why i want you guys' opinion on the matter. do you miss the old void? or do you like the system as is? let me know! c:

Edited by (XB1)JashinWorshiper

I don't think they are ever going to change things back the way you asked. They wouldn't admit they were that wrong. 

However, I do think that apart from the occasional argon, the void has basically been abandoned, and that is a crying shame. I think they need to give us more reason to play the void for itself again somehow, apart from just argon and the occasional Maroo mission, but I don't think going full reverse is the right answer. Even if we do something involving unvaulted in one and vaulted in another or what have you -- unvaulting stuff has become another moneymaker sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't think they are ever going to change things back the way you asked. They wouldn't admit they were that wrong. 

However, I do think that apart from the occasional argon, the void has basically been abandoned, and that is a crying shame. I think they need to give us more reason to play the void for itself again somehow, apart from just argon and the occasional Maroo mission, but I don't think going full reverse is the right answer. Even if we do something involving unvaulted in one and vaulted in another or what have you -- unvaulting stuff has become another moneymaker sadly. 

i see what you mean. i havent thought that part through about just making it the same again. but i did like that system. yes it had its faults but i did like it. ill try to think of something else that'll make it better.

Just now, (Xbox One)JashinWorshiper said:

i see what you mean. i havent thought that part through about just making it the same again. but i did like that system. yes it had its faults but i did like it. ill try to think of something else that'll make it better.

I understand you desire to go back to the old way, it is something a lot of us have nostalgia for, but I just don't see them changing things back so drastically. I really want a reason to go to the void though, definitely. I think it is a really designed tile, and one I know very well. I feel like there has to be something they can have us do or farm there besides just argon, that could make it more fun reason to go back there again. 

I honestly have to admit that despite enjoying the tile, I haven't gone back unless I needed argon, there is simply no other reason right now -- well okay, I guess there are the weekly Maroo missions that are sometimes in the void, but that doesn't really count. ; P

Yeah, you know, I just do not want to go back to the old way of doing things.  I'm not sure which was worse, rotation C being filled with everything, or anything that only dropped in Mobile Defense and thus took forever to farm.  Or the keyshare ripoff artists.  Or the lack of ways to upgrade chances, or for that matter the complete burnout of that tileset over and over and over again.  I remember dreading when a new PA came out simply because it meant I was going to be stuck in the void for ages.

How about rather then putting primes back into the Void, and thus forcing people back into it even if they don't want to, they just put relics and void traces as common rewards there. That way when you do your 2 hour Mot for fun you leave with with a dozen relics and 1000ish traces. 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

How about rather then putting primes back into the Void, and thus forcing people back into it even if they don't want to, they just put relics and void traces as common rewards there. That way when you do your 2 hour Mot for fun you leave with with a dozen relics and 1000ish traces. 

heyy thats pretty good! c: i'd do that. it could scale depending on the level of the mission. how much do you think the reward should be? ( on survival or exterminate for instance)

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)JashinWorshiper said:

heyy thats pretty good! c: i'd do that. it could scale depending on the level of the mission. how much do you think the reward should be? ( on survival or exterminate for instance)

Maybe 10 at rotation A, 20 At B, and 30 at C? 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

This is a good idea. 

I personally think they should remove the void from the star chart and make them special fissure alerts that show up like nitian alerts.

These void alerts won't require gathering 10 traces (since it's the void itself) and relics start unlocked , give increased trace rewards at end, start at higher levels, and always give a relic as a mission reward. Vor is a rotation C boss with a radiant relic reward in addition to whatever drops he has. 

The void should be a special place. It should be a treat to go there, not just a static group of nodes. It should be end game-ish. 

Mario missions can stay, and simply be an easy intro to the void for newer players.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I personally think they should remove the void from the star chart and make them special fissure alerts that show up like nitian alerts.

These void alerts won't require gathering 10 traces (since it's the void itself) and relics start unlocked , give increased trace rewards at end, start at higher levels, and always give a relic as a mission reward. Vor is a rotation C boss with a radiant relic reward in addition to whatever drops he has. 

The void should be a special place. It should be a treat to go there, not just a static group of nodes. It should be end game-ish. 

Mario missions can stay, and simply be an easy intro to the void for newer players.

so are you saying that just void fissures in general should just be alerts? we'd be farming for primes... on alerts?