Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halftone glygh false advertisment

Monolake

Halftone glygh pack shows nice color background in preview, but you actually get transparent background (which means background  is black in most cases) so they dont look as nice as in the market preview. Very disappointing. Consider changing preview to not mislead people.

advertisement:

SCRD6Z4.png

reality:

eTDallU.png

Edited by Monolake

There are a number of glyphs that have transparent backgrounds which makes them look absolutely horrid against a lighter background.  I agree they should release it as its depicted, or at least make not of its transparent nature somehow.

A lot of glyphs look like crap on the forums, for example, making them near unusuable as forum avatars.

It is intended. the background going black makes the rest of the image more vibrant its an old as hell technique thats been used for decades.

Just look at your before and after pics you provided, the market icon looks dull and blurred while the actual icon that is used is bright and clear.

48 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

It is intended. the background going black makes the rest of the image more vibrant its an old as hell technique thats been used for decades.

Just look at your before and after pics you provided, the market icon looks dull and blurred while the actual icon that is used is bright and clear.

For me it's the opposite. Top ones look clear and clean, bot ones look oversaturated and horrid.

If you look at the individual glyphs rather than the pack then they are displayed as they actually are.  When I was considering buying it for the Maroo Glyph I went into the glyphs menu and checked that one specifically for a closer look.

I too would prefer they didn't have the transparent background but rather the one shown in the pack.  Just make a copy,  one with and one without background.  Give everyone who already got the glyph the copy for free.  Players will choose which they'd like to use.  Buying individual glyphs would include both versions.