Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back the instant laser grid camera punishment

That1Cactus

Long ago on Corpus maps, when being spotted by a camera a laser grid would instantly appear on nearby doors. During this time players were more aware of the camera's existence and try to shoot it down before getting knocked down.

Nowadays after a delay was added to the lasers when the camera spots you. And for the past years NO ONE, and I mean absolutely NO ONE shoots down the cameras, thus punishing players who are following behind rather than the person who was spotted in the first place. This has become a very huge problem since many players are still speed-running while anyone behind gets punished for something they did not do.

Please bring back the instant laser grid when getting spotted by cameras, players need to be more aggressive towards these things because I (and many others) are really getting tired of getting knocked down by players who are rushing through the level and getting no comeuppance for it.

9 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

Long ago on Corpus maps, when being spotted by a camera a laser grid would instantly appear on nearby doors. During this time players were more aware of the camera's existence and try to shoot it down before getting knocked down.

I just realized that you are correct, it never really occurred me that there was a delay, mostly because I shoot cameras on sight for fun, but I have ran into lasers more than once due to those ahead of me triggering them.  

So sure, lets get that back, stop slacking corpus!

16 hours ago, Xekrin said:

How in the ever loving heck did you do this? OMG this is awesome.  I need to learn video editing.

I didn't make it, lol. That's the power of google and having been around for awhile.

That gif is soooo old too. It was around and being posted here on the forums back when I first joined in 2014.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

a rather small problem and it is annoying to be hit by a grid triggered by a leading player - however what you are asking for is that the leader do all the work.  You know you are lagging behind, so you should expect the camera to be triggered - (As I do since I generally run into every possible obstacle that can be run into so am rarely leading)

However if they do "fix" it, I think they should also make the lasers do more damage and fix the roll-through 'exploit'. Actually killing you by slicing you up and having 3 pieces of you on the floor in the next room (one for each of your teammates to teabag) would be fantastic.  And make it so people actually need to think about their next step a little more carefully.  It'd also be cool if you could deliberately trigger the cameras when an enemy is in the door way and slice him...

I personally think the grids should be active at all times, and only disengage when there is enemy units actively trying to cross.

We should not be "destroying cameras to stop them activating", we should be having to spot and destroy the power system leading to the grid itself.

The camera should be there to identify units as "friendly" and take it down for their safety, not spotting us first THEN putting them up. Doors all over shopping centers stay closed until there is movement, THEN open, but in that case they do it for "everyone" as they don't detect different people, but since these do, as long as an Alarm ANYWHERE has popped once, from then on, all active till shut down.

7 minutes ago, DSpite said:

I personally think the grids should be active at all times, and only disengage when there is enemy units actively trying to cross.

We should not be "destroying cameras to stop them activating", we should be having to spot and destroy the power system leading to the grid itself.

The camera should be there to identify units as "friendly" and take it down for their safety, not spotting us first THEN putting them up. Doors all over shopping centers stay closed until there is movement, THEN open, but in that case they do it for "everyone" as they don't detect different people, but since these do, as long as an Alarm ANYWHERE has popped once, from then on, all active till shut down.

Sounds like a plan.