Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Body Count and Drifting Contact

Repiru

Question

13 answers to this question

Well, Drifting Contact is only 2 seconds less than Body Count but with 40% more status chance, so that looks a full win situation.

If you don't need the 2 additional seconds or aren't limited by the polarity and you're using a weapon with more than 5% status, then go for Drifting Contact I guess

I prefer drifting contact because there's the additional status chance plus it is only 2 seconds lesser than body count, so not much difference. Though there are people who still prefer body count. 

To me, I think drifting contact has replaced body count successfully. 

O1etTRM.png

Cost 9 (4 more than Drifting Contact)

Adds 12sec Combo duration (2sec more than Drifting Contact), Nothing more

WE0n2N5.png

Cost 5 (4 less than Body Count)

Adds 10sek Combo duration (2sec less than Body Count), +40% Status Chance

Answer is Simple:

Drifting Contact > Body Count

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

If you don't need the 2 additional seconds or aren't limited by the polarity and you're using a weapon with more than 5% status, then go for Drifting Contact I guess

I'd like to second this. Personally, I find that the extra 2 seconds are noticeable in some situations, so if I'm running my hirudo, helicor, or destreza (which are all good crit weapons, but with 5% status chance) I prefer body count.

Unlike most, I often prefer using Body Count in most situations, mostly Crit-based melee.

The 2-sec extra Combo Duration comes in handy, especially in late-gameplay. (But not so much difference for normal missions)

Plus the Combo multiplier outweights +40% SC IMO.

I only use Drifting Contact on melee which has high SC (80%+ with dual stat mods + Drifting Contact), just to solely boost the SC even further with lower cost.

For me that 2 second difference is mostly noticable in defence missions but helps in other missions as well. 2 seconds may not sound like much but with body count your combo lasts about 11.5% longer. If you consider using Weeping Wounds then especially I would use body count as extra status from drifting contact would matter less with each combo stack - the same way true steel is usually dps loss if used with blood rush.

So I think I've decided that I should only use DC when status chance is about 20+% (Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime, ETC) and BC on a crit chance based weapon and a low status chance. Good decision?

13 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

I'd say Body Count for weapons with low status chance like Destreza while Drifting Contact for the ones with a bit higher status like Mios, Lacera, etc.

If I'm using DC and then I have elemental mods, do I use the 60/60 ones to maximize?