Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

45 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The problem is not that Warframe is boring, the problem is that there is no reason for you to grab a Void or Kuva Fortress mission, go to Defense or Survival and go up the 2 hour mark. There is literally nothing worthwile to do once you've done the basics. Trials need improvement, there's only 2 of them, and the Arcane rewards have little use to most because of what I said at first -- there's no content hard enough outside 5 missions (3 sorties and 2 nightmare trials) to really justify their use.

We've been playing the game for 3.5 years now. 3.5 freaking years. Changes are welcome, new content is needed -- if they stopped adding it, you can bet the game would die -- but they need a change/shift in focus for the next major update after U22.

I have high hopes that between Dark Sectors, new enemies (Sentients) and the mob rework they intend to do things change a little, but even then they really need to try to deliver something else for us oldies too.

Nah, the problem is that the gameplay is boring. You can have 1 million rewards added to this game, and several more unfinished features as well. They won't make the game more fun. DE needs to improve the core gameplay mechanics of this game (run/sprint animations, gun handling, basic mission design - what objectives and tools are required to complete missions, basic level design - what things are in the environment that we can interact with, and visual/auditory immersion). This needs to be done in order to improve the core player experience and to make that more fun, more engaging, more immersive, and more satisfying. If they can do that, then they'll have a fun game even when there are no more rewards to collect, and even when someone's played with every new feature of the game.

23 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

@P0Pz 

Thank you! Exactly this!

Walking the wall up "walking" and jump to another wall to "keep on walking" in a such smooth way never been ingame like that...everything looks and feels easy, soft, smooth...without breaks in between...

Esp. This linie spinning...where is this movement? Never have seen that ingame? Oo*

Was it ever ingame before (my time like 1+ years ago) ?

Edited by P0Pz

45 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Thank you! Exactly this!

Walking the wall up "walking" and jump to another wall to "keep on walking" in a such smooth way never been ingame like that...everything looks and feels easy, soft, smooth...without breaks in between...

Esp. This linie spinning...where is this movement? Never have seen that ingame? Oo*

Was it ever ingame before (my time like 1+ years ago) ?

This was how pakour 2.0 was originally supposed to to look, but it got scraped, DE excuse: it wasnt different enough from parkour 1.0(I remember DE saying it, but dont remember where), they seem not to realize that change isnt aways good(change, means different not better, it can be either good or bad and this time it was bad)

Warframe currently has an overabundance of content that is mostly being used as Mastery fodder. Over time players all mention things that they would like to see improved such as damage, level design, kubrows etc etc. All the contend that has not been updated, balanced, fixed is largely being ignored by DE in favor of new frames and weapons. If Harrow is about as good as Atlas, Nezha, Wukong and Titania not to mention the ignored Hydroid and Zephyr, I for one start questioning DE's motives again.

I think I have played the game on and off for as long as its been on PS4. More and more I sense cashgrab rather then truly dedicated developers (mind you I do understand the need for funding) who actually pull information from their playerbase and put it to good use. Why no changes to Focus schools? Why no updates on Archwing or complete cancellation thereof? Why does my expensive kubrow/charger still suck over my cheap carrier? Why does an awesome 'theme' frame like hydroid have to wait sooo fkn long for a proper rework? Why am I flooded with mods I will never ever use because they are in fact irrelevant? Why on earth do we get operator missions when a lot of warframes are clearly unfinished and being ignored by players?

Why dafuq release all that unfinished junk and then leave it like trash on your desk only to proceed generating more mastery fodder. Soo many good yet unfinished ideas that DE releases and forgets.........

I do know why I only log for the daily reward and 3 sortie missions though......

16 minutes ago, Culaio said:

This was how pakour 2.0 was originally supposed to to look, but it got scraped, DE excuse: it wasnt different enough from parkour 1.0(I remember DE saying it, but dont remember where), they seem not to realize that change isnt aways good(change, means different not better, it can be either good or bad and this time it was bad)

Aaahaaa !!! Sooo THIS video shows exactly what parkour 2.0 should be...

okay now i am surprised (new info for me..thanks buddy) and disappointed at the same time..

2015...no game had this kind of movment. Oustanding. 2017 a lot of games have now wall walking... Even CoD...

They missed to improve theire head start at this area...sleeping. 

Edited by P0Pz

17 minutes ago, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

Why no changes to Focus schools? Why no updates on Archwing or complete cancellation thereof? Why does my expensive kubrow/charger still suck over my cheap carrier? Why does an awesome 'theme' frame like hydroid have to wait sooo fkn long for a proper rework? Why am I flooded with mods I will never ever use because they are in fact irrelevant? Why on earth do we get operator missions when a lot of warframes are clearly unfinished and being ignored by players?

This is why I am waiting for Tenno-Con before I make any purchasing concerning Warframe. 
DE wants to surprise us with stuff, so we'll see, and it better be good.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

Warframe currently has an overabundance of content that is mostly being used as Mastery fodder. Over time players all mention things that they would like to see improved such as damage, level design, kubrows etc etc. All the contend that has not been updated, balanced, fixed is largely being ignored by DE in favor of new frames and weapons. If Harrow is about as good as Atlas, Nezha, Wukong and Titania not to mention the ignored Hydroid and Zephyr, I for one start questioning DE's motives again.

DE needs to listen to those who are saying spend more time polishing
Warframe gameplay itself is not solid but they add Archwing and Operators.

Stop adding new toys, We have over 30+ Warframes we don't need any more. 
Each time they add a new Warframe there are more Balancing issues between players.

They are spending more time on designing a new Warframe and its abilities rather than Solid Gameplay.
Stop Adding and start Polishing and Fixing the main core gameplay that players spend most of their time playing.

First: Fix Level Design and Parkour. 

Archwing and Operator, while cool concepts and ideas, are centered around very different gameplay mechanics. They feel like playing a whole different game.
BUT the Developers need to polish, flesh out, and fix their CORE Gameplay. The Warframes. 
Most of the time we are playing Warframes.

Yes, Both Archwing and Operator needs work but they are not the center of the game. Warframes are.
The Operators add on (But we are forced to with Kuva Guardians. Honestly just make levels specific for them or areas only they can access)
The Archwings are something else you can do but are not really important. 

I keep coming back to Titanfall 2 because it is a game with Really Good Parkour (it is often called FPS Warframe) and it centers its level design around the Parkour. (and Titans)
It also does what the Devs are trying to do with the Frames and Operators.
Two different modes of play that you can jump in and out of. Pilot and Titan. 
Which is not surprising considering the Operators were based on the Pilots from the Anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

BUT point being it has solid Core Gameplay before they add anything else in.

Edited by Iccotak

I don't think parkour is the core gameplay, nor should it be imo. It should certainly be refined to be much more like Titanfall. But I don't think tiles should be designed solely around parkour.

For me, the priority should be 1) revamp the Mastery system so that every action in the game (all types of kills, scans, console hacks, etc) gains you mastery points (this reorients the game towards a gameplay focus), 2) improve the mission design and what we can do in the environment (things like vehicles, multi-objective missions, having enemy aircraft regularly coming in instead of occasional troop transports, immersive environments/backdrops), 3) improve the movement animations (running/sprinting) and weapon handling (how we move with the gun - i.e. being able to strafe), 4) revamp archwing and space gameplay (this is the bigger scale aspect to Warframe's gameplay, and I think it's necessary), 5) revamp the parkour (i.e. the advanced movement system of the game), 6) revamp PvP (make it like competitive PvE - where we're doing the PvE missions, just against other players).

@A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n I agree with your points for the most part.
1-Agreed, Fixing Mastery to not be solely based on leveling gear would make other actions the players take have more worth.
2-Environmental interaction is important and I want more of it. I could see Vehicles on certain tile sets like Mars
3-Better Motion Capture would be a nice improvement but I am not sure about Strafing in Warframe as the gameplay is emphasized on the player constantly moving.
4-Space gameplay is cool and DE is working to make it a bigger part of the game, but it centers on very different mechanics. I would want the developers to perfect the formula for Warframe gameplay so then they can do "Warframes in Space" Justice.
5-Yes, Revamp the Parkour so then you know what kind of game you want.
6-This would a be a good idea since the Warframe powers are more centered on taking out hordes of enemies rather than other Frames.

Edited by Iccotak

1 hour ago, Iccotak said:

Archwing and Operator, while cool concepts and ideas, are centered around very different gameplay mechanics. They feel like playing a whole different game.
BUT the Developers need to polish, flesh out, and fix their CORE Gameplay. The Warframes. 
Most of the time we are playing Warframes.

Yes, Both Archwing and Operator needs work but they are not the center of the game. Warframes are.
The Operators add on (But we are forced to with Kuva Guardians. Honestly just make levels specific for them or areas only they can access)
The Archwings are something else you can do but are not really important. 

I keep coming back to Titanfall 2 because it is a game with Really Good Parkour (it is often called FPS Warframe) and it centers its level design around the Parkour. (and Titans)
It also does what the Devs are trying to do with the Frames and Operators.
Two different modes of play that you can jump in and out of. Pilot and Titan. 
Which is not surprising considering the Operators were based on the Pilots from the Anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

BUT point being it has solid Core Gameplay before they add anything else in.

Notice how the first thing they mention is "Gameplay" and "Experience". Now, I don't think Warframe's levels should be designed like Titanfall's. I think Warframe is about more than just parkour. But even with that, Titanfall is not first about rewards. It's first about gameplay. I honestly don't think that DE currently has such a focus.

Oh, and one more thing: See that final shot in the trailer, of Earth in space? That's what space and planets should look like in Warframe.

7 hours ago, P0Pz said:

Good morning guys ✌

Was reading that our Dev's, are tweaking on our waypoint-marker to work much more smoother.

Well...waypoint tweaking is good! ..but not enough imo. Even this lil point can be improved.

What is a marker?

A marker is a 'tool', to point for other players to a spot, the player thinks everyone might be interested in or need to know what's there.

In other games, this feature is also called "Ping/Pinging" to a location.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well to my "Waypoint-Marker" improvment suggestion:

We could simple use our "G" still to "mark" a point. But instead just "showing" what's already there, we could give a marking point player related things he want to show other players...

Exc. You need assist...you are splited from your team. You now mark to a point which will now show 'Playername' need Assist. Everyone 'knows direct' why is this player pointing to and what he needs. 

Pressing once 'G', will do what it do now, simple marking. Hold 'G' pressed while aiming to the spot you want to place the mark, will open a 'Quick-marker-Menue'. In there you will find different options you can now choose with your mouse. Clicking on it will apply the choosen mark typ to it.

Exc picture:

smartpingSuggestion1.jpg

Note: Ofc we should change the look/symbols and choose the right options to work for WF.

But this will allow us to interact deeper and more tactical in a squad durring the gameplay. A fix content changes into a flexible, tactical and more interactive tool to use for Squads.

As a additional note:

Party-Groups:

Add into the party-list, that a Party-Leader, can create 2 teams (list splited in 2 parts) and can give each of both party groups a name. Blue/Red or what ever. Now just saying "Blue" and followed by the ping "Assist me", everyone in team knows which 2 players are meant, where to go and why...and this all in one go...very effectiv and smooth.

Party-Lobby:

Going into 'Navigation', could show up a new option button; Create Party. Clicking on it, will give the player 2 new party options. Since he is the person starting it, he will be the 'Party-Leader'. This status grands him to do some arrangments to the party-list. The 2 options he can pick after choosing 'Create Party' are 'Quick Game' & 'Lobby Game'.

'Quick Game';  this option is nothing different to the current one. But choosing this will still grand the party-leader, to setup 2/3 party-groups in the list plus give each group, a seperated name (Blue/Red ect.). He can also switch players from a group to another one in this list, at any given time, also durring mission. So a group can arrange theire team-setup flexible to changing situations InGame.

'Lobby Game'; is a more tactical version. A player choosing this party option, get also the same group arrangment options as in 'Quick Game'.

The differents here is, the Party-Leader (PL), invites any player joining to beam inside his Liset. The hole party will be joining first visualy on board to PL, to the 'comando-bridge' if you will.

Here, all players can talk about stuff and tactics. Every player joined, can also use the interior of the PL's Liset. But using any of it will directly connect to each own players liset interior. So everyone can still use/build/switch/arrange theire own stuff for themselfe on PL's Liset.

Additionaly the PL can setup a 'minimum' time, a party should go.  30min/1h/2h/...ect

After all players accepting the current party setup/settings, the PL can now choose the mission to go in together.

What do you guys think about this points? 

*Lobby; was a suggestion from another player without real details, but his OP inspired my thoughts. I will search his OP and tag his name here ;) @arch111 thanks buddy !!

Glad you found it useful!  And good suggestions you have there.

Edited by arch111

10 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

@A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n I agree with your points for the most part.
1-Fixing Mastery to not be solely based on leveling gear would make other actions the players take have more worth.
1-Environmental interaction is important and I want more of it. I could see Vehicles on certain tile sets like Mars
3-Better Motion Capture would be a nice improvement but I am not sure about Strafing in Warframe as the gameplay is emphasized on the player constantly moving.
4-Space gameplay is cool and DE is working to make it a bigger part of the game, but it centers on very different mechanics. I would want the developers to perfect the formula for Warframe gameplay so then they can do "Warframes in Space" Justice.
5-Yes, Revamp the Parkour so then you know what kind of game you want.
6-This would a be a good idea since the Warframe powers are more centered on taking out hordes of enemies rather than other Frames.

See, space doesn't have to be, nor should it be, Warframe in Space. Warframe is called "Warframe", but it doesn't have to only be that. That's the core of the game, the heart of the game, and it'll always be about the Warframes. But that doesn't mean that every single mode has to be centered around the Warframes. You can have a space mode that features ships and relies on the ships and not the Warframes, just like archwing does. The difference is the way in which the ships function. They'd be stronger, larger, with directional guns requiring you to face your target. But other than that? They could have abilities just like Archwings. And you could still have smaller scale Archwing missions in space and in the air.

All I'm saying is that space gameplay should extend the scope and scale of Warframe's gameplay, something that the current Archwing mode simply does not do. Consider this: the Warframes were built for war. That was the context for which they were created. The current game does not feature war. It's just the Tenno attacking Grineer and Corpus who are mostly minding their own business (I know the in-game lore, but we attack their bases and outposts). Adding more to the tilesets (i.e. vehicles and NPCs and combat ships) adds to that immersive feeling of war. Having larger scale space gameplay, and archwings in the air, also adds to that immersive sense of war. There's a logical context for having larger ships as well: enemies have them, the Orokin probably had them, so to believably take them out, the Tenno really should as well. This doesn't compromise the warframe core of the game. Nor should it take precedence over the warframe-based gameplay. But, it does extend the scope and scale of Warframe's gameplay, and that'd be the focus of it. And it could particularly tie into a reworked invasion system, which should be like a full-scale invasion (that's a topic for another time).

As for strafing, all that means is that instead of our entire bodies turning left or right, or 180 degrees, when we're not sprinting, we move side to side, and we'd back up when moving backwards. It's the same way it works when we're aiming, just that it'd also do that when we're not. When we sprint, though, our whole bodies would still turn completely to the left or right or 180 degrees when pressing S. Having strafing when we're not sprinting would give players more control over where their weapon is aiming. Currently, there's a slight pause in our shooting when we turn left or right or when we turn 180 degrees. It's really jarring, and it at least is really noticeable to me. This would also be beneficial for PvP gameplay. This would only apply to guns, by the way. It wouldn't apply to melee.

Well...lets agree to the point that "a lot of game core related content" are missing improvments and this since a very long time.

They need to change theire "to do list" priority points. Siriously.

- Mastery (progress bar) or item/ress rewards are players motovation to even start playing the game.

- The movment AND the aiming are the tools and skill improvments to use a 'unit'.

- The surounding area(s) and covering sound effects or 'background music' (DE please?!) Create emotions.

and many aspects more... all together create 1 thing. A game which makes fun to play and replay. 

------------

Me, as a ex ESL player back in my CS:S & CS:GO times,... i am a aiming maniac.

My friends and me went besides CS games to 'Chaser' from time to time to train our HS aiming on faster moving objects. Chaser offered a mix between Unreal T. and CS. 1/3 faster as CS but aiming + very importend the "Body hitboxes" were fantastic at that time! So it was a perfect game to train, getting better and faster in HS aiming.

Excample:

7/8 years ago...

Nvm. My point i was going to... as a FPS game...DE should actualy find a moderate body high or head high for each enemy typ. Extrem unbalanced vs infested and theire sheer unlimited amount...horde i know...

What i mean even in hords there is typical 1 typ which descripe the 65-75% standart size of a typ. Even for us humans, yes, we are also horde typed. 

Aiming is not focused InGame.

I wish sometimes we had 'sniper' only areas to fight corpus/grineer snipers on the other side of a big river/gap, none can cross. Just finding some spots on hills/stones/ lil houses... that offer a bit cover and then 'breath in'...pull ya gun arround the corner, aim, shot, cooover.. 

I would flip out for stuff like that.

Ofc wide open fields with no halls/rooms (a hole planet most over is no house i guess) which is at least the most area of a planet (if no water/gas planet). Where are this areas?

Starship trooper feeling 1000% detected, if we see tons of infested coming over hills running from far away. Grouping. Tanks front hold them away, while DPS Frames /Gunners take care for the rest...if not ,*( Backuuup!)*, search cover... .o( Ortis...bring my archwing and give as a bit time with a big salve of lisets artillery...)...

But before all that could happen...the core content needs to work. And i mean realy to work.

The operator is sooo cluncky, the skill tree is actualy...i do not know...it's not realy presence InGame. 

The improvments should be 'steady' ! New item/reward/frames...carrots can still come over time...

But if we get a better core play..ALL missions get at the same time improvments. Better motivation system(s) - All missions get improvments...

See?

Improve 1..improve all

That's the point of core game content. They are all times present. Even at a player decision, what he actualy wants to do InGame...

A 2nd starchart? New planets? New high lvl knots? Better carrots ? Better gameplay? ...

Forget 2-5 new weapons and siriously...throw out octavia and for all the time wasted creating this frame, you could have bring in a dynamic acting background music...siriously...no emotions creating in WF by music...?! But a new musician frame? Realy? 

All that time spending for unimportend stuff. Focus lost.

Spirit? I hope DE still got it...i realy do!

Edited by P0Pz

6 hours ago, (PS4)ChillZI1986 said:

This game is much more fun when you are at the beginning with no upgraded mods / missing mods. At the beginning I just wanted to explore the planets and since I didn't know any better I thought, that this is how you make progress by just aiming to defeat every boss but it is not that simple. See this game isn't about exploring. This game is about farming and acquiring everything which can be okay at the beginning but later makes it pointless to play the game (Why would I need another new warframe when the game itself doesn't change?) The only thing that changes is that you kill the stupid enemies differently and that's it.

As soon as you upgrade your mods to the max (get all the mods), kill everything with just one left mouse click and kill entire rooms of enemies without doing anything, it gets old fast. You may enjoy this for a while but after that it just gets boring.

The enemies dont get smarter. They don't develop any tactics or try to outsmart you. They just walk in your direction and shoot.

There are no minibosses or generals etc.. Nothing.

You can't develop any tactics on the battlefield. You don't get rewarded for headshotting enemies or doing something special like glide over them and kill 5 enemies with one arrow. You can do that stuff but it is pointless because you can just stand somewhere and kill all the enemies with your warframe ability at once.

There are no mini objectives in missions. We have the affinity goals at the beginning of the mission and thats it. If you do it you get 10000 affinity. This mechanic is totally unfinished. Why not make it so that if I complete a mini obejctive like killing 5 enemies with headshots I get an item or something else (syndicate points, an emblem, etc..). After this it should go to the next mini objective. If you quickly complete them you build a combo and get temporarly stronger (This would help beginners if they wanna farm something but they dont have the mods or capacity to kill enemies over lvl 20 etc.) That way you would reward skill.

But nope skill is apparently for.

Also one thing that I hate in warframe, is how you acquire new stuff.

You farm one thing which you need to farm a better thing which you need to build so that you can build something better -.-

All this with RNG and waiting times in between. I swear 5 friends of mine couldn't play the game any longer because it confused them and it made it complicated for them. Also the waiting times made it difficult for them to enjoy.

DE has placed so many good mechanics in the game but they don't do anything with them. It just feels unfinished.

Awesome post, but you said a thing, and it scares me...i dont know if something bad will happen to you...please remove it before a mod seess.....

On 06/09/2017 at 9:03 AM, JSharpie said:

So the devs need to make a choice. Keep the community comfortable but largely bored, or take a risk, reinvigorate their game.

Reinvigorate it. I didn't even know about damage 2.0 until January, that piqued my interest, but i have a lot to do since i took three years and some change off. Honestly, i thought the game would be more fleshed out than just variety of the same thing by now. I still love it, but feel the need for a lot more. I would love to see more things to discover on different maps, smoother mechanics in all weapons, abilities, and movement. Amd beyond that, more content that is less of the same. There isn't any reason aside from being on the path of least resistance that the game is where it is.

I understand that it isn't simple.

They just need to do more than just giving it another round.

@A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n I know what strafing is I just don't think it would fit how the Warframes powers are structured. Or it would be confusing to implement and account for both powers and melee.

I get what your saying about the pause in shooting. But why not do something different.

For example: let's say I'm sprinting and I look to my side while I'm sprinting  and I see an enemy, I simply take my pistol out and shoot to the side while I am running. 

point being; rather than strafing or having a pause before you fire, you're simply able to shoot in any direction while running.  

2 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

@A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n I know what strafing is I just don't think it would fit how the Warframes powers are structured. Or it would be confusing to implement and account for both powers and melee.

I get what your saying about the pause in shooting. But why not do something different.

For example: let's say I'm sprinting and I look to my side while I'm sprinting  and I see an enemy, I simply take my pistol out and shoot to the side while I am running. 

point being; rather than strafing or having a pause before you fire, you're simply able to shoot in any direction while running.  

It'd just be for your movement with a gun while not sprinting. Or, at the very least, you know how after you shoot, your camera/movement is still locked for a few seconds, the same way it is when you aim? Well, maybe that could last a little longer. I just think it would improve the flow of gameplay, especially when playing PvP. It really shouldn't have any effect on Warframe powers. You'd still be able to turn with the mouse.

24 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

Honestly think it would be better if they got their priorities straight, got a publisher, created the full game , and we paid for the complete product.

I don't know if you know the horrible irony behind this, but Warframe is the result of DE sticking up the middle finger to publishers after their pervious game (Dark Sector) was screwed by the publisher...

I like non-Publisher development for games, no business heads that know nothing about video-games looking at statistics then proceeding to command their underling developers to do what's "cool". Just the developer trying to make what they think will be a good game, limiting creativity rarely helps games IMO.

That's a bit harsh, publishers are not all bad, but they do have their downsides. Warframe has thrived without a publisher, and if you think that a publisher would lead to Warframe being "fixed" you are sorely mistaken. It would be more like pulling back on features and making a more "slick and hip" core. For some that is good, but we need less oversimplified games, not more. If you want a AAA published god-mode horde shooter that ditched some depth for some sexy polish with a full price tag, Destiny 2 is on the other isle. 

The last thing Warframe needs is MORE people thinking money first. 

Edited by DrBorris

5 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I don't know if you know the horrible irony behind this, but Warframe is the result of DE sticking up the middle finger to publishers after their pervious game (Dark Sector) was screwed by the publisher...

I like non-Publisher development for games, no business heads that know nothing about video-games looking at statistics then proceeding to command their underling developers to do what's "cool". Just the developer trying to make what they think will be a good game, limiting creativity rarely helps games IMO.

That's a bit harsh, publishers are not all bad, but they do have their downsides. Warframe has thrived without a publisher, and if you think that a publisher would lead to Warframe being "fixed" you are sorely mistaken. It would be more like pulling back on features and making a more "slick and hip" core. For some that is good, but we need less oversimplified games, not more. If you want a AAA published god-mode horde shooter that ditched some depth for some sexy polish with a full price tag, Destiny 2 is on the other isle. 

The last thing Warframe needs is MORE people thinking money first. 

I guess you haven't played many AAA shooters then. Sure, the publishers might be money-hungry, but not all the devs are. There's one thing publishers do want - finished products. And DE needs that kind of direction.

46 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I guess you haven't played many AAA shooters then. Sure, the publishers might be money-hungry, but not all the devs are. There's one thing publishers do want - finished products. And DE needs that kind of direction.

DE should be able to do that on their own, bringing in a publisher is completely unnecessary.