Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Low Duration good for SPore SAryn

Baelfire11

Question

8 answers to this question

Doing the maximum damage requires popping spores, and that's going to be hard if you don't have time to pop them.

My preferred Spore build is max strength, max range, decent duration, and 40% efficiency.  You don't need efficiency if you're only casting spore and one cast can last for minutes if you keep spreading it.

Yeah, pretty much what above guy says. You dont rely on duration, but you still dont want to forgo it either.Also Keep in mind that all other Abilties are heavily effected by duration, so if you want to use other stuff you definitely dont want to gimp it.

1 hour ago, Baelfire11 said:

is low dur like really low like 17 % dur good for spore saryn

You do realize that half the point behind the rework was to make people stop abusing negative duration builds for massive burst damage, right?

2 hours ago, Baelfire11 said:

well the question says it all is low dur like really low like 17 % dur good for spore saryn i thought  of adding fleet to my build which sent my dur to 17 % and i can't really tell if its good or bad 

17% duration is trash on Saryn.  All of her abilities are reworked to benefit from high durations.

With Spore you'll want high range, high duration, to give both high spread range and plenty of time to pop them.  Eff isn't that much of an issue, since Zen focus is a thing and enerdy orbs are fairly common either way.

Strength is also important since Regen Molt's HP gain is based on Str, so the more you have, the more you can self heal in a pinch

I run 145 Str (Intensify and Power Drift), 183 duration (Constitution and Primed Continuity), 145 Range (Stretch) and 100 efficiency and have a pretty good time of things.

I'd have to say no. Duration, mixed with range is you're best bet for end game on saryn. Using her toxic lash ability to your advantage can take care of efficiency problems with enough duration. Popping spores while toxic lash is active grants 2 energy per spore pooped with melee. No duration means you have no time to capitalize on her skills; which is counter productive IMO. All of her skills benefit from duration, and they will all suffer from a lack of it. 

Edited by (XB1)Jarheadius