Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guided Effigy not the best choice

Cxdfc

GUIDED EFFIGY?? meh

Guided effigy dissapoint me after many hours of testing and use in game. it can be very buggy and not work, and as an ability does not make Effigy worth building outside of the credit farming because even WITH the augment the CC is inconsistant and is limited in its duration. therefore justifying chroma in a raid (as the redtext of its update suggests) is not as optimal as other frames for CC like a vaub. dont get me wrong when the guided Effigy WORKS it can be quite a spectacle but not enough to put in a build. rather than worry about raids, we can have him help teams in other contexts.

also the concept of moving effigy really feels like something that should have been baked in to chroma with its animation bugs fixed and have pathing bugs fixed. Along with that, giving effigy a new augment that is more useful for kuva floods, sorties and genral use in a squad setting qould be quite ideal. there is a TLDR at the bottom please read the post for details

MY 2 PROPOSALS OF A BETTER AUGMENT 

1. VEXING EFFIGY (make effigy buff the team)

Effigy will take on the benefits of Vex armor and create a (locked)7/14/21 meter aura that buffs allies to 50% (locked) of Chroma's fury and scorn"

With this augment a chroma can be further encouraged to use the effigy in order to buff his entire team. this would justify the chroma having to sacrifice his armor and 10 energy/second to aid alllies in a sortie or kuva flood. this would stack with other  abilities like roar and amp.The locked 21m radius is to synergize with Chroma's use of vex armor with narrow minded. If the augment would rely on range mods, then the effective area would be negligible the mod would be worthless. 21 meters is plenty of space to allow for parkour. even with the bonus armor from the transfered scorn, players will still want the space to move. alternatively this augment could work similar to hallowed ground to where a player only needs to enter the area once and then they have the buff for the remaining duration. Effigy will give the allies 50% so that it is more in line with amp, and not to over take it. Chroma does not get his own buffs halved, he's just using his energy to replicate it to his allies

furthermore giving the effigy the ability to scale with the vex armor percentages would allow effigy to be able to kill armored targets. in effigies current state, an effigy with 260% power strength has a hard time dispatching of a level 60 armored target without its AI deciding to use roar and making the target fall off a ledge into a pit. which is not very likely in an actual combat scenario due to most tilesets being enclosed spaces.

ideally, effigy should be able to do both vex and move without needing an augment mod, BUT I would rather have an augment that makes it stronger and buffs allies than for me to constantly try to make it move around to watch its pathing fail and it teleports leaving the entire feature of 2000 damage (which is mitigated by armor) useless in a sortie or flood environment.

2 ONE WITH THE BEAST (allow full control of effigy sentry)

"Cast and hold Effigy in order to put Chroma in a meditation and control effigy at 5energy/second(Scales with efficiency)"

This basically allows for the player to TAKE FULL CONTROL OF EFFIGY . during the meditation, chroma is completely invincible, similar to focus. the camera goes to behind the effigy and the player has full control. In this state effigy is stronger by taking on Vex armor for the entirety of its use while it is being controlled and having a constant elemental ward around it. all the actions that the player has done are already functions that can be seen done by an AI controlled Effigy. While as an Effigy the player cannot revive, hack, pick up objects or benefit from all energy restoration. While in this form Chroma and effigy are one, the energy cost is halved but using the powers on volition of Chroma costs energy

The controls for Effigy are as follows

Move (WASD): makes the effigy float slowly in a direction

Sprint: Effigy will fly at high speeds as shown in guided effigy, the same attack status of 2000 / second is applied

attack: Effigy will use a breath of (insert element) that does not need range mods and that scales with primary weapon mods (minus rivens as usual) but always procs the element assigned via color 

Quick melee: as far as Ive seenEFfigy does not have a melee swipe attack, giving him one for this mod would be great if its not already in the game. melee scales with melee mods but always proced with color element

Powers as Effigy (names subject to change or not be dispayed)

1. INFLUX: Effigy launches a ball of (color element) at the target that will cause a small radius (locked 2m radius) of knockback that always procs (color element) on the enemy ~10 energy

2.RAMPAGE:  Effigy will roar and flap its wings with the force of a tempest! knocking down (ragdoll) foes within a (locked)15m. proccing enemies with (color element) and leaving them open to ground finishers ~20 energy

3, MAELSTROM: Effigy screams and defeans enemies and stuns them for  in a (locked)15m radius for 3 seconds (scales with duration), enemies are then slowed by 50%  for 10 seconds (scales with duration, does not stack with consequetive maelstroms, but will with other abilities up to an enemies slow cap such ast molecular prime) ~30 energy

4. SLUMBER (Return)Effigy returns to being AI, Chroma stands and player continues as Chroma. tap again to reunite Chroma and effigy or hold again to have chroma kneel and become one with the beast once more ~no energy

I understand that this augment would take a considerable amount of coding to make a reality, but it would change effigy in a way that would allow the player to have FULL control over the CC and damage that effigy is meant to provide. And just envision how fun it would be! flying (albeit along the ground) around setting elemental fury on your foes and projecting objective sundering foes and laying waste to those who dare step in your path!! I'm sure if this were advertised in a Chroma Prime trailer and wasnt dampened by needless annouyances like cooldowns, then this would be a very profitable investment.

EDIT/conclusion

in the grand scheme of this fast paced horde shooting co op game, ya knock down like 20 guys with guided effigy...  THATS GREAT!

But what about thier 200 heavily armored friends? now are you gonna sit there and hold 4 SEVERAL TIMES to SOMETIMES get ONE ROAR out?

ORRRR would you rather tap 4 and give your whole 4 man team SUPER WEAPON DAMAGE AND STEAMROLL THE ARMY????? or even become a dragon flying around and destroying your enemies?

guided effigy seems like a weak slap in the face by comparison

TLDR

Guided Effigy would be better as an innate effect of effigy, there are better augment effects

hows about we make effigy a way to share and benefit from Chroma's buffs? thatd make it worth using (Vexing effigy)

or if you are gonna have an augment that is more CC oriented, give the players FULL CONTROL of effigy (one with the Beast)

Effigy as is can barely compete with sortie tier enemies

Edited by Cxdfc
added a mini conclusion before TLDR

One with the beast would be better instead of the other that you are suggesting or giving an augment for effigy to increase its CC like banshee ulti augment or something like that.

Edited by chofranc

The first one COULD work as an augment, but the problem lies in how it'll be built, since a typical Chroma build has Blind Rage which tanks your efficiency.

The second is far too complex to ever be a possible augment. Augments are simple and add a small thing to an ability, usually requiring a few lines of code on DE's part to work properly. What you're asking for is an entirely different beast, where DE has to create basically an entirely new frame with animations and abilities to work properly.

I like your ideas

One gives it a greater support purpose and two make you dream of is potential

however I can see is difficulty in making either one of the ideas because as of now I have not yet seen DE change an augment effect to anything else unless is a nerf or a bug is happening.

2 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

The first one COULD work as an augment, but the problem lies in how it'll be built, since a typical Chroma build has Blind Rage which tanks your efficiency.

The second is far too complex to ever be a possible augment. Augments are simple and add a small thing to an ability, usually requiring a few lines of code on DE's part to work properly. What you're asking for is an entirely different beast, where DE has to create basically an entirely new frame with animations and abilities to work properly.

you are right it is a different beast, even tho I did mention that the augment would simply use all the assets effigy has and his abilities, if anything you are just pressing buttons to trigger when it does what it already can do (apart from the optional quick melee option) however they would need to code the swaping of controls,

so the animations and abilities are already there. but it takes code to reassign them to keys and support the instance of control.

2 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

You do realize that the "8 chroma raid" is a jab at the youtube series. "8 x lor" right? It's a series where a group of 8 people complete the law of retribution, but the catch is, they all bring the same frame. It's kinda like a meme.

oh yes I am quite aware, and the episode of 8X chroma was hilarious because it showed how bad he is at CC

it is a meme, but we should not make a (in my opinion) terrible mod simply for memes. I am perfectly fine with chroma not being a trials frame. kuva and sorties tho? we can work him to be more useful for that rather than soloing

2 hours ago, chofranc said:

One with the beast would be better instead of the other that you are suggesting or giving an augment for effigy to increase its CC like banshee ulti augment or something like that.

well as I stated Ideally, Effigy at Base should be able to share buffs and move without needing an augment I said somethin like that. BUT if I could not (for whatever reason) could not have both, i would rather support my team with vex armor than have effigy take 2 seconds to move to X location to maybe sometimes roar and knockdown like 20 guys. and that wont work if they are eximus aura buffed to be immune, now you just wasted to seconds and a whole mod slot to do nothing on sortie 3

and in the grand scheme of this co op game, ya knock down 20 guys GREAT what about thier 200 heavily armored frieds? now are you gonna sit there and hold 4 SEVERAL TIMES to SOMETIMES get a ROAR out

ORRRR would you rather tap 4 and give your whole 4 man team SUPER WEAPON DAMAGE AND STEAMROLL THE ARMY?????

Edited by Cxdfc
MOAR EMPHASIS!

+1 for first idea which sounds epic and awesome

-1 for secend idea because DE doesnt like complicated things, and i wouldnt really care to be effigy

+1 for saying guided effigy should be a mechanic that chroma should already have

= +1 for yew :D 

4 hours ago, SempaiMint said:

+1 for first idea which sounds epic and awesome

-1 for secend idea because DE doesnt like complicated things, and i wouldnt really care to be effigy

+1 for saying guided effigy should be a mechanic that chroma should already have

= +1 for yew :D 

heck ya dude, thats why I put that idea dirst becuse it is the most feasible from a developper standpoint and would simply be better for players. I would actually put taht in my hierachon build (Config B) so MR 10 and unders arent complaining about damage fall off, or helping a new player in my clan do that defense? rather than me killing everything here, sit next to effigy and do work boi. besides with rage/zenurik you can get to the point where you are constantly full, I have 1 flex spot in my build that sometimes I use everlasting ward (that should be built in too) but Id rather share my vex

or as stated in post, this being used in a kuva/sortie environment where enemy has enhanced armor, I usually awalk out with most kills cuz vex armor and using a boltor, I want them to kill too. and they dont have to get hurt, they would get whatever damage I am taking. this would also encourage a more traditional tanky playstyle I SUPPORT MY TEAM BY TAKING DAMAGE. thats way more use ful than holding 4 and be like "go there and roar"

21 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Effigy augment should allow it to follow player around

I would like that if vexing effigy was innate in the design of efigy, because the effigy as is would not be beneficial to follow you around because of its random (and ther for inconsistant) CC and its inability to kill armored enemies that are over level 50 in a relative time, even with a high power strength. also if the effigy could follow and was buffing teammates that would make you a mobile amp, which is awesome and worth of a mod slot 

also depends on how it "follow"s you, if it worked off kubrow AI it wold surely fall off the stage and be of no use and a wast of energy and a mod slot even if it respawned shortly after. pets have a hard time keeping up. However if it were more like a sentinel and was always atached to the warframe regardless of move speed or direction that would be fantasitc 

ONE WITH THE BEAST -- I think thats too much of an augent, but as a rework of 4? I WOULD LOVE IT! Then I can finally do more on my chroma then walking around and slamming with a hammer XD

Also having an augment like VEXING EFFIGY on an ability like ONE WITH THE BEAST, the way you explained it, it would totally be a real awesome augment. Non the less, even for the current effigy the augment would be amazing! 

[Insert Horse 'I love it' gif] I LOVE IT

On 6/12/2017 at 0:11 PM, SempaiMint said:

I really like sticking it somewhere and controling where it goes, specters for instance are very annoying and they always seem to be behind me, stuck somewhere xD. I vote for the mechanic to stay the way it is. 

thats what I mentioned in the post, the ability to hold 4 and move it really really feels like it should have been there in the first place. and I stand by the notion taht sharing the vex armor buffs are a great way to increase chroma's squad value, the team benefits from him doing his unofficial job: getting hurt. also if effigy stays like it is then you would need the 300+ power strength in order for the effigy to defeat a sortie level armored oppponent in any RELEVANT amount of time. and moving it with guided effigy to make it roar needs some serious bug and anmation glitch fixing before it could consisitantly CC as intended

BUT OH WAIT THERE'S MORE! so you CC about 20 enemies tops with the knockdown roar (or sometimes the screech) but wat about the 200 friends? youd have to hold 4 again and CC those too, but then the first group gets up. ergo using "VEXING EFFIGY" to make the effigy damage scale o upwards of 600% damage would surely cause its elemental breath to kill more enemies than it would be able to CC other wise. the closest test to tell that being the case is casting effigy on a high power strength build while corrupted and watch it scorch/freeze/shock/infect large groups of  level 80 enemies. FURTHERMORE Eximus units buff thier friends to be resistant to CC anyway so its better to augment effigy to kill those eximi 

but hey thats just my findings from testing and playing chroma.

guided effigy should be regular effigy, VEXING EFFIGY FOR THE WIN

On 6/12/2017 at 0:58 PM, DreadWhisper said:

ONE WITH THE BEAST -- I think thats too much of an augent, but as a rework of 4? I WOULD LOVE IT! Then I can finally do more on my chroma then walking around and slamming with a hammer XD

Also having an augment like VEXING EFFIGY on an ability like ONE WITH THE BEAST, the way you explained it, it would totally be a real awesome augment. Non the less, even for the current effigy the augment would be amazing! 

[Insert Horse 'I love it' gif] I LOVE IT

yes I understand OWTB is a lot of programming, but that makes me think: Didnt guided effigy take some coding to give effigy those flying animations??? animations are underrated in how much time they can take. unless they recycled an asset that effigy was originally meant to fly and then they fixed it and resold it as an augment, feels like an EA DLC if thats the case

but Vexing effigy? that can be a recycled code for all I care, an aoe sphere of 15 m that when touched grants chromas vex "fury" and "scorn" divided by 2, sounds like they can recycle amp for that or roar.

IMO one issue I noticed when testing this is that no matter what combination of duration and efficiency mods you use, no matter what you do -- and I have all the maxed out duration mods, efficiency mods, etc, you just can't make the drain non-punishing. 

Even building entirely for effigy with a aim toward keeping it up as long as possible, not even maximizing strength and such how I would like, it just drains so bloody fast, and if I am using other abilities too, it doesn't last at all. This makes it pretty much useless for anything besides credit farming, and that's irritating. 

I think the augment could work potentially, but only if they make effigy not so ridiculously energy heavy to use -- in no way does its power or utility justify the insane channeling cost to keep it going. 

Also, I think instead of the whole "roar" thing (does a dragon even really roar?), why not have him do a forced proc of whatever element it is in a large radius when the guided Chroma reaches the area you've pointed to. The roar thing is kind of lame. 

Seriously, until Chroma's energy drain per second for Effigy is fixed, I don't think any augment will be good enough. There is simply no justification for the ten energy per second drain. 

19 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

IMO one issue I noticed when testing this is that no matter what combination of duration and efficiency mods you use, no matter what you do -- and I have all the maxed out duration mods, efficiency mods, etc, you just can't make the drain non-punishing. 

Even building entirely for effigy with a aim toward keeping it up as long as possible, not even maximizing strength and such how I would like, it just drains so bloody fast, and if I am using other abilities too, it doesn't last at all. This makes it pretty much useless for anything besides credit farming, and that's irritating. 

I think the augment could work potentially, but only if they make effigy not so ridiculously energy heavy to use -- in no way does its power or utility justify the insane channeling cost to keep it going. 

Also, I think instead of the whole "roar" thing (does a dragon even really roar?), why not have him do a forced proc of whatever element it is in a large radius when the guided Chroma reaches the area you've pointed to. The roar thing is kind of lame. 

Seriously, until Chroma's energy drain per second for Effigy is fixed, I don't think any augment will be good enough. There is simply no justification for the ten energy per second drain. 

eh with rage I end up making the drain work, I also sometimes use it to stave off those vampire trins lol. I would still like an eergy reduction, its just if I am going to spend 10 energy a scond I want the whole team to benefit in a noticeabe way