Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should i report someone for multiple accounts?

(PSN)ghinellil

Question

Often, when i host Jordas Verdict, i find people with multiple accounts. They usually come with mr 20-23, then ask me to invite another name, and wait them to switch the account.. Last one i had even trolled the mission, and waited afk in the last step. Now i have a screenshot of the chat, where he say to have multiple accounts.

In the support page of Warframe there is option for report hackers/scammers.... this work? Or is a waste of time? 

8 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Doesn't matter. As long as he doesn't trade between his accounts and has no interaction  between them , everything else is fair play. 

So if i trade with a friend with my second account, and he give me back to my main account, is fine?

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

So if i trade with a friend with my second account, and he give me back to my main account, is fine?

It's fine only if the person plays 2 "separate people" who don't interact with each other in terms of items (I know this isn't how DE worded it, but as far as I know, offense is only committed if you trade items between the 2 accounts). So having another account for something like backup or for the sake of having more account shouldn't be a bannable offense.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

No item that has been in the inventory of one of your accounts can be obtained by the secondary account without punishment. DE allows us to have side accounts as long as they are completely independent and nothing is exchanged between whether we are talking about direct trading or trading with tertiary parties. 

I think having multiple account is fine, unless those accounts trade with each other. I have seen people doing this multiple accounts rading thing. I am afraid DE doesn't care about this so much, because it is such a small aspect of the game.

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

I don't think having multiple accounts matter unless the accounts traded with each other (e.g. abusing the login discount system)?

I could be wrong, though.

You're not wrong. I have multiple accounts. Two in fact. Not only that, but they are also both members of the same dojo. They do however refrain from trading or otherwise interacting with one another outside of the in-game market gift system.

You are required to maintain a degree of separation. Nothing more, nothing less. No trade or swapping between accounts. No gaming the system for profit. This is straight from [DE] BTW.

Enjoy your second account. Enjoy reliving the experience of being a (relatively) new player again. Don't be a $&*^.

Edited by Kihana
Change clan for dojo

Question to me is:

How is he controlling the 2 accounts. Either one of them is going afk during the raid (could be reported for mission griefing..) or the second account is controlled by a script inside a VM. (Could be reported for hacking/scripting..)

Im hosting Alliance Raids since they exist and in our Alliance we go the "short way" (without support) so..

If some would do this in one of our Raids both accounts simply get a Alliance Raid Ban.

Edited by CpT-LaZeR
Grammar..

16 minutes ago, CpT-LaZeR said:

How is he controlling the 2 accounts.

They can't use 2 accounts at the same time, obvious. They do it for play raids more times, so the time limit not matter for them (you can play raid 1 time every day). I'm pretty sure at some points they do profit with the main account... Anyway i think is a waste of time to report this... The only tool i have is the ignore button.

Multiple accounts are fine so long as they aren't used to circumvent the limitations of the game.

Joining a raid using a second account in order to acquire duplicate arcanes either for selling or quicker stacking is an example of that.

You would have to report this player through the Support desk with submission of the chatlog with the player admitting to joining the game with a second account.

1 hour ago, Jangkrik said:

It's fine only if the person plays 2 "separate people" who don't interact with each other in terms of items (I know this isn't how DE worded it, but as far as I know, offense is only committed if you trade items between the 2 accounts). So having another account for something like backup or for the sake of having more account shouldn't be a bannable offense.

There is rule like that?

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Often, when i host Jordas Verdict, i find people with multiple accounts. They usually come with mr 20-23, then ask me to invite another name, and wait them to switch the account.. Last one i had even trolled the mission, and waited afk in the last step. Now i have a screenshot of the chat, where he say to have multiple accounts.

In the support page of Warframe there is option for report hackers/scammers.... this work? Or is a waste of time? 

Aside from all the "legal" issues and ramifications... why would you want to? How does having multiple accounts, trading or otherwise, hurt you so much you'd think of telling on them?

Not trying to be a @$$ about it, just trying to understand...

7 minutes ago, ComCray said:

How does having multiple accounts, trading or otherwise, hurt you so much you'd think of telling on them?

It's called gaming the system for profit. There is no other reason for doing so, and [DE] have very specific rules regarding this. See my post above for context.

3 hours ago, Samuel_sfx said:

There is rule like that?

Terms of Use, part 3, 5th paragraph:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Source: http://www.warframe.com/en/terms

Edited by Jangkrik
Gawd I hate gray fonts

3 hours ago, ComCray said:

Aside from all the "legal" issues and ramifications... why would you want to? How does having multiple accounts, trading or otherwise, hurt you so much you'd think of telling on them?

Not trying to be a @$$ about it, just trying to understand...

Hurt me when them come in my mission for be afk in the last step... so if their accounts get removed, the problem get solved :satisfied:

This people play ONLY for profit. Are bad in the team, and for the game. 

One time I was in a sortie and defense where a guy had both of his accounts in at the same time; clearly he has 2 PS4s. His secondary account was using Hydroid and just went into his puddle the entire time. It was dead weight and annoying. This is the only think that bothers me if people have multiple accounts, but to my knowledge has only happened to me 1 time in 3000+ hours. I did not report the person and feel just fine about that decision.

I respect whatever DE states as the rules for secondary accounts, but I honestly don't give a crap if people run raids multiple times a day, trade between their accounts, and make grofit. If it effects the market I don't care. That's just my personal feelings on it. 

At this point, i wonder why DE have decided to put a daily limits in the raids... If this work how people said in the previous answers, i will create a second account with some friends! I will give the arcane i get with my second to their main accounts, and so they do for me. = Profit.

It is forbidden to have multiple accounts on warframe, I had some problem with trolls on different accounts, you should definitly report them, then, it's up to DE to decide if he'll get banned.

Note : it's having 2 accounts at the same time that'll get you banned. If you go to the support and ask to destroy, refresh or create a new account, they'll accept as long as you don't use both at the same time

Edited by lyry19