Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Coming In Update 21 and My Guess on The New Prime Frame Coming Out After Oberon

VoltTheHero

Harrow everyone (please don't kill me for saying that I'm a gay little boy), I'm going to be discussing what's coming to Warframe in the big, the beautiful, the glorious, Update 21. If you're not a reader you can watch this video I made right here https://youtu.be/A_z2o6MoBdo, I appreciate the subscribtions, go ahead subscribe you know you want to, I make dank minecraft vids broskii, but for real if you don't mind reading, continue to see what I have to say. So for Update 21 as we all know we'ere going to be getting the Priest Frame also known as Harrow, which is apparantly going to be part of a dark quest according to DE. What I think they mean by dark is that it may have controversial material, or maybe even things to do with spirits/demons after all we are dealing with a priest frame and that's what comes to mind when I think about it.

Next we're also going to be getting 2 new weapons which is the Nox and the Sniper pistol. After that we will also be introduced to dual wielding on Warframe, now I can't exactly remember if it's with your sidearm or your primary weapon, but you're definitly going to able to dual wield with your melee weapon. I don't know if that's just going to be something for Harrow or just all Frames in general, but we will see when the update comes out. I believe Update 21 may come out after tennocon as it is right around the cornor, unless DE decides to release it during the event so people can play the quest there.

Now for the prime frame, I'm guessing it's either going to be Mirage Prime or Hydroid Prime. I'm more leaning to Hydroid Prime since he's a male character and we've already had 2 female characters, so it would only make sense to release another male. There has also been a lot of speculation that Hydroid is going to be the new prime frame due to DE showing the water in the end of there stream, but I think that could just be the earth rework, or just a cool way to the end the stream, probably not something to make a huge deal out of. Also another reason why I believe one of the new prime frames will be Hydroid or Mirage is because they're the oldest frames and Warframe usually goes by oldest to newest, so it wouldn't make sense to make a chroma prime although that would be pretty cool, but it wouldn't make any sense as he was the newer frames later introduced into warframe. Let me know what you think everyone, peace!

Edited by VoltTheHero

Hydroid is next.  If not him it will be another male, followed by 2 females.  I'm pretty sure it will be Hydroid.  Then it should be Zephyr then Mirage but DE has been known to jump frames ahead of the order around Christmas.  Zephyr doesn't have a huge following so I can easily seeing her and mirage getting switched around.  Same as Valkyr and Banshee did.  It is a good move business wise. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Hydroid is next.  If not him it will be another male, followed by 2 females.  I'm pretty sure it will be Hydroid.  Then it should be Zephyr then Mirage but DE has been known to jump frames ahead of the order around Christmas.  Zephyr doesn't have a huge following so I can easily seeing her and mirage getting switched around.  Same as Valkyr and Banshee did.  It is a good move business wise. 

Unless they actually manage to get out zephyr's rework in time that is.

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

Unless they actually manage to get out zephyr's rework in time that is.

This is very true.  They got a lot going on though,  Mirage however have a solid fan base, or at least she did.  Don't know if she still due sense they change the simulor.  Plus, just switching Mirage and Zephyr around so that Mirage comes first would give them a little extra breathing room with the rework.  Will be interested to see what happens at least.  Banshee is already primed so I'm not going to complain no matter what they prime first now.

This is very true.  They got a lot going on though,  Mirage however have a solid fan base, or at least she did.  Don't know if she still due sense they change the simulor.  Plus, just switching Mirage and Zephyr around so that Mirage comes first would give them a little extra breathing room with the rework.  Will be interested to see what happens at least.  Banshee is already primed so I'm not going to complain no matter what they prime first now.

Also Scott starts looking very depressed every time I (or other people for that matter) ask for Zephyr during Devstreams, so I'm kinda afraid that he doesn't really know where to take her at all...

Mirage suffered a huge blow to her popularity after the simulor got trashed and all explosive weapons randomly explode in her face, so practically all the best weapons for her to use got really dangerous indirectly nerfing her...

Also Scott starts looking very depressed every time I (or other people for that matter) ask for Zephyr during Devstreams, so I'm kinda afraid that he doesn't really know where to take her at all...

Mirage suffered a huge blow to her popularity after the simulor got trashed and all explosive weapons randomly explode in her face, so practically all the best weapons for her to use got really dangerous indirectly nerfing her...

Zephyr fan?  Much respect, I enjoy her, she's fun, small doses for me though.  I always figured Mirage and Zephyr would be switched just because I knew they fall on Christmas.  It's my main bet, talking to a few people though, I also threw out that they could bump Mesa up like they did with Nova.  Now she's nowhere near as popular as Nova was/is, but she do have a solid fan base and isn't too far down the line.  Hopefully for you she doesn't end up like Banshee. 

I have noticed the stressed look on his face as well, Geoff as well when Zephyrs Deluxe skin gets brought up.  If everything belong to her is getting pushed back then I really see her prime getting pushed back as well.  I have missed the last 3 devstreams before today so could be wrong about the deluxe skin.

I have noticed the stressed look on his face as well, Geoff as well when Zephyrs Deluxe skin gets brought up.  If everything belong to her is getting pushed back then I really see her prime getting pushed back as well.  I have missed the last 3 devstreams before today so could be wrong about the deluxe skin.

The deluxe skin is pretty much on hold because it is NOT done by Geoff. It is a pet project of another staff member, who has other more important tasks to do right now.

1 hour ago, VoltTheHero said:

Next we're also going to be getting 2 new weapons which is the Nox and the Sniper pistol.

Nox is an enemy, the one with the glass head, to be exact. You might be thinking of W'rath, the Tenno Spear. 

I don't think U21 is coming soon, like at all. I doubt they'd open up an entirely new update with just a frame and its quest. U21 is probably coming with the next cinematic quest. 

Next prime frame has to be a male frame, since that's how the pattern works and that's how the pattern has always worked. Probably Hydroid Prime, but could also be Limbo Prime, since he just got a rework. If it's Hydroid prime, then he'll probably come with a rework and then Zephyr gets her rework with her prime, cuz that usually racks up the $$$. Whether or not the water is a Hydroid Prime teaser is just speculation; I'm leaning towards the side of no.

The deluxe skin is pretty much on hold because it is NOT done by Geoff. It is a pet project of another staff member, who has other more important tasks to do right now.

Forgot all about that, I remember them saying that now.  Thank you.  I was actually looking forward to seeing that too, the design looked to be a lot different then what we are used to.  So it all comes down to the rework then.  They have been doing a pretty good job with the reworks so far, Oberon got a lot better, I would say you are right and they are just unsure what direction they want to go with it for Zephyr. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Makes sense

1 hour ago, Xionyde134 said:

Nox is an enemy, the one with the glass head, to be exact. You might be thinking of W'rath, the Tenno Spear. 

I don't think U21 is coming soon, like at all. I doubt they'd open up an entirely new update with just a frame and its quest. U21 is probably coming with the next cinematic quest. 

Next prime frame has to be a male frame, since that's how the pattern works and that's how the pattern has always worked. Probably Hydroid Prime, but could also be Limbo Prime, since he just got a rework. If it's Hydroid prime, then he'll probably come with a rework and then Zephyr gets her rework with her prime, cuz that usually racks up the $$$. Whether or not the water is a Hydroid Prime teaser is just speculation; I'm leaning towards the side of no.

Oh yea correct, I forgot about that.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

She still has decent fanbase and the simulor changes made her the only frame who can actually use it on sortie levels.

I only hope they fix the bug with the clones and projectiles soon.

3 hours ago, Xionyde134 said:

According to info PC gamer got next "big update" comes this month, of course big update can mean version X.5 but since we got past this number it means it will be update 21, I want to mention that update 20 also wasnt especially amazing, it had octavia with her quest, captura, many accessories(and new narta), new weapons, and many quality of life improvements(including dojo rank system).

Next big update will include those things we know for sure: new frame + quest, earth remastered, new dual wielding system(well its fundations since it will be expanded with time to include more weapons), and most likely more quality of life improvements.

Of course its possible that DE changed how they are going to release update, which they did last year but....it was disaster.

Edited by Culaio