Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akstiletto Prime vs Aklex Prime

(PSN)Karelxss

Question

14 answers to this question

Lex Prime and Aklex Prime are the overall best pocket snipers and pretty solid crit pistols, though at close to close-mid range the Pandero or Spira Prime are easier to use.

Akstiletto Prime are probably the overall best full-auto secondary in game, though they aren't pocket LMG bullet hoses with gigantic magazines like the Twin Grakata or Azima.

Aklex Prime leans heavily towards Puncture and crit stats, while Akstiletto Prime leans heavily towards Impact and status chance, but they can both be hybrid built and brought into nearly any mission.

I say get them both.

This was a comparison video I made a little while ago for TTK performance against unarmored, armored, body shot and head shot.

I accidentally gave Ak-Lex an unfair advantage in this test and didn't realize until I had already tested the other pistols.

Ak-Lex basically has almost double the stopping power of Lex without the accuracy loss being properly displayed. This would have affected it's head-shot kill speeds but not it's body shots likely resulting in Marelok beating it in the armored head-shot TTK but otherwise the results are on point.

Keep in mind I'm not saying one pistol is better than the other. This was more to show how each performs under different situations so you can judge for yourself what's best for your needs. All these Pistols are amazing with different perks and disadvantages.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:43 PM, Xzorn said:

This was a comparison video I made a little while ago for TTK performance against unarmored, armored, body shot and head shot.

I accidentally gave Ak-Lex an unfair advantage in this test and didn't realize until I had already tested the other pistols.

Ak-Lex basically has almost double the stopping power of Lex without the accuracy loss being properly displayed. This would have affected it's head-shot kill speeds but not it's body shots likely resulting in Marelok beating it in the armored head-shot TTK but otherwise the results are on point.

Keep in mind I'm not saying one pistol is better than the other. This was more to show how each performs under different situations so you can judge for yourself what's best for your needs. All these Pistols are amazing with different perks and disadvantages.

Primed/Vaykor? Or regular?

On 6/18/2017 at 7:03 AM, Dreddeth said:

Lex Prime and Aklex Prime are the overall best pocket snipers and pretty solid crit pistols, though at close to close-mid range the Pandero or Spira Prime are easier to use.

Akstiletto Prime are probably the overall best full-auto secondary in game, though they aren't pocket LMG bullet hoses with gigantic magazines like the Twin Grakata or Azima.

Aklex Prime leans heavily towards Puncture and crit stats, while Akstiletto Prime leans heavily towards Impact and status chance, but they can both be hybrid built and brought into nearly any mission.

I say get them both.

To be fair, you don't need gigantic magazines on the Akstiletto. 10 bullets = dead - plus the reload speed is basically non existent. And you can get 99% status chance with a 40%+ crit chance on the Akstiletto. 

Yeah, AkLex hits like a medium sized island too. Really preference, I would say.

If you're only doing the map it doesn't really matter which one you use.
I am a Mesa main with over 180 hours of playing Mesa on my 500ish hours account.

Akstiletto Prime is where it's at.

Against the starmap, it doesn't really matter. Any weapon modded well can essentially one-shot or one burst kill any normal enemy you encounter.
There is only ONE exception: nullifiers.

Against Nullifiers, I don't know why, but Akstilettos do the best at removing the field. Large single burst damage like the Lex don't take the shield down as quickly.
Akstilettos rip the shield down really fast and efficiently. I haven't tested thoroughly as of the latest patches but I believe it's still essentially the same. Rapid firing weapons will take the shield down much faster and much more efficiently than large single burst damage weapons. For example, you'd imagine that you (at least I did, anyway...) could take a Tigris Prime and 100-0 the shield. But nope. Doesn't work. You'd think the Lex Prime hitting for 28k should just make the shield disappear, but it doesn't. However, a second of Akstiletto Prime fire will make the shield disappear.

For this reason and this reason alone I use Akstilettos over Lex or Aklex.
Also, Aklex take longer to reload and lose the best reason to use Lex, sniping from across the map. I would just use a normal Lex over an Aklex.

Maybe the new Mitor mod with 90% nullifier nullification changes the game but whatever. Akstilettos is where it's at. -_-

I myself prefer the Akstiletto Primes.  I will be honest that I completely missed my chance to get the AkLex due to ISP issues.  That being said, I'm basing my critique on the Lex Prime and comparing it to Magnus and Akmagnus.  Even when I do get the AkLex Prime, I highly doubt that it will make me give up using AKmagnus and AKstiletto Prime in favor of it instead.