Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despoil Nekros

Ifeno

Question

Hi guys!

I've recently started playing Despoil Nekros and was wondering what to mod him for.  Other than Range it doesn't seem like any stat matters for Despoil.  I know Strength increases the drop chance, but as far as I'm aware Despoil will just keep running until a drop is generated, correct?  Furthermore, I see a lot of Despoil builds that max out on Efficiency.  Why exactly is that?  What's the point of being efficient when you're generating all those health pick-ups?  I'm always at full health even with only 100% efficiency thanks to all the red orbs laying around, could anyone clear this up for me?  What build to you recommend for Despoil Nekros?

EDIT:  Seems I was wrong about Strength increasing the drop-rate.  Could've sworn I read that on the wiki.  Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by Ifeno

9 answers to this question

Strength does not increase the drop chance.

Despoil does not "keep running until a drop is generated", it tries on a corpse and it can fail to drop something. Then the corpse is destroyed/vanishes away.

Equilibrium / Health Conversion / Range if you want to slack AFK on a spot are the way to go. As you said, no stat really matters for Despoil, that's why people mod for Efficiency. That's always good to have (and you can use the Fear or Army without any problem).

I have an hybrid build without maxed range but with some duration and strength to have a correct army (with its augment). When PU'ing I also put the augment for the 1 in order to not screw up my combo while reviving people.

Edited by Chewarette

10 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

I know Strength increases the drop chance

Are you sure? Wiki says no.

11 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

What's the point of being efficient when you're generating all those health pick-ups?  
I'm always at full health even with only 100% efficiency thanks to all the red orbs lying around

Same here, unless you're taking heavy fire
(which you shouldn't, using a combination of Shadow decoys and Terrify CC),
you'll be doing just fine at base Efficiency (worst case, Medi-Ray FTW).

14 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

What build to you recommend for Despoil Nekros?

FWIW, this is my general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Stretch
Primed Continuity, Primed Vigor (Vitality also works fine)
Despoil, Equilibrium
Shield Of Shadows, Creeping Terrify

Yep, triple Augment build :D
The damage reduction from Shadow links isn't at max but again,
decoy function + Terrify CC (spammable because lol infinite Energy)
is keeping me alive no prob.

For more mobile missions, you can replace Shield Of Shadows with Health Conversion.

My preference is not to use Despoil.  With an energy efficient build, you will have enough energy for Desecrate, Terrify and even Shield of Shadows as long as you are killing a lot of enemies.  I feel a lot more confident with a non-Despoil build to make Nekros last longer in high level survival missions like Mot, Void (less health eating damage to think about).

I used to run Nekros with Despoil when there was a need to spam the Desecrate ability.  Now that Nekros can concentrate more on killing than Desecrating, I no longer find the need to use Despoil and free up a slot for other useful mods.

But that is my preference... it will really depend upon your preference with what mission(s) you would usually use Nekros.

Regardless of whether you will use Despoil or not, I would recommend using a high efficiency build for survivability (less health consumed if you are to use Despoil, less energy to cast other abilities for emergencies).

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

1 hour ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I no longer find the need to use Despoil and free up a slot for other useful mods.

But that's still two Mods, you take a heavy hit to Duration, and you need (Zenurik or) Energy Orbs to gain Energy back.

While with Despoil + Equilibrium you get basically infinite Energy all the time, not least without any Duration penalty.

1 hour ago, nameomnz said:

I'm not sure what your point is, are you agreeing with me
or trying to correct me by quoting something that says I'm correct? :P

37 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

But that's still two Mods, you take a heavy hit to Duration, and you need (Zenurik or) Energy Orbs to gain Energy back.

While with Despoil + Equilibrium you get basically infinite Energy all the time, not least without any Duration penalty.

As I said, builds will be based on player preference.  My usual testing ground for builds is to run the frame on Mot (Void) mission where enemies deal 3x damage.  Having Despoil out of my mod set-up means the only thing that brings my health down are the enemies (not Despoil).

Here is my build:

Energy Siphon, Enemy Sense, Health Conversion, Vitality, Streamline (4), Fleeting Expertise (4), Primed Continuity, Rage, Stretch, Shield of Shadows

But it is really up to you or the OP what build they would prefer to use on Nekros... whatever you feel comfortable with should be fine.  I am merely sharing what I feel comfortable with when using Nekros especially in high level and/or long survival missions.

Personally my builds a little more 'utility' than just farming but it's not hard to change it to be more range orientated by swapping one mod. 

I use zenurik for my energy regeneration so for me personally equilibrium isn't really needed because it regens even with despoil active... 

My build has around 150% duration and 160% strength, efficiency and range are 100% because if I'm running around anyways so a huge range doesn't make any real difference for me personally... plus vacuum on my sentinel picks stuff up, shows where it all is (animal sense) and it has limited range of suction after all.   I also have a lifestrike melee build in most cases too.

Now the reason for the strength/duration is purely the fact that I run shield of shadows, health conversion AND despoil in my build and as such I want duration and strength for shield of shadows.

My build is:

Corrosive projection, power drift, health conversion, primed flow (could swap out for stretch if you want), constitution, vitality, primed continuity, shield of shadows and despoil.

Is it the best build.. no idea but it works for me although since the health conversion changes I am currently thinking I might need to make some changes because the changes to HC may hurt nekros despoil because I've seen it take stacks from self damage, but this doesn't seem to happen all the time....

Edited by LSG501
further testing needed on part of comment