Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Appearance Tabs

DementedPuma

I have been thinking for a while that since Chroma has four different elemental energy types, he should have four appearance tabs as well. I use Chroma a lot but i don't have a custom toxin set-up and would love to have one. It would be a neat change and unique to Chroma and I love that man. Am I crazy for thinking this?

Chroma is waiting his rework so lets us hope that [DE] won't screw him up.

I'm big fan of Chroma, maybe he's not my main but I love to play him, especially after Chroma Dynasty Skin bundle (Zenistar+Dominion=LOVE).

He looks amazing, his skills are something (specially Effigy), but he suffers so much, he need a good rework. Like overpowered rework (than probably slightly nerf). He deserve a real good buff for his skills (and recalculation for Vex Armor).

I'm pretty sure the builds for Ice and Fire chroma, which both are for tanking, are exactly the same. Even a custom appearance for both Ice and Fire chromas are Taijitu, and require almost nothing for change. 

Electricity isn't far off either. 

Toxin is just hilarious, what do you even use it for? 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

5 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I'm pretty sure the builds for Ice and Fire chroma, which both are for tanking, are exactly the same. 

Electricity isn't far off either. 

Toxin is just hilarious, what do you even use it for? 

He's talking about appearance tabs. Maybe the Red energy doesn't fit at all with his current colors so you "have" to change his appearance. He's not talking about builds.

9 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Chroma is waiting his rework so lets us hope that [DE] won't screw him up.

I'm big fan of Chroma, maybe he's not my main but I love to play him, especially after Chroma Dynasty Skin bundle (Zenistar+Dominion=LOVE).

He looks amazing, his skills are something (specially Effigy), but he suffers so much, he need a good rework. Like overpowered rework (than probably slightly nerf). He deserve a real good buff for his skills (and recalculation for Vex Armor).

So there are people believing Chroma deserves "a real good buff" to stuff that already gives you 800% armor, 500% damage, another huge amount of Armor if Ice, and a kinda great control with Effigy. M'okay.

Only his 1 needs a rework and Toxin/Electricity's 2 may need a small numbers buff.

49 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

So there are people believing Chroma deserves "a real good buff" to stuff that already gives you 800% armor, 500% damage, another huge amount of Armor if Ice, and a kinda great control with Effigy. M'okay.

Only his 1 needs a rework and Toxin/Electricity's 2 may need a small numbers buff.

I don't know how about you but many people including me complains on his WARD+VEX combo in some random situation, where the Vex doesn't calculate right armor amount and you are fragile like operator and Ward doesn't calculate property so you deal 0 (ZERO) damage to enemies.

That's why I mentioned about recalculation.

His 1st ability definitely need change, maybe even totally. Like buff this skill A LOT, plus add elemental change by "press&hold"

His 2nd ability need recalculation (could be toggled)

His 3rd ability need recalculation (could be toggled)

His 4th ability need damage buff (it's not that bad but scaling with enemies lvls would be better) and lowering energy drain (because even on maxed efficiency it take too much energy per second)

And that's it. I don't know what [DE] have in their minds but I wouldn't complain for above "rework".

A better solution would be to just entirely decouple color choice from what element Chroma's using. I want my purple fire. And, more importantly, I want to use Ice without being stuck with the greyscale color pallete.

Edited by Gurpgork

24 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

A better solution would be to just entirely decouple color choice from what element Chroma's using.

This.

Maybe make his starting element based on Energy Color,
but have a hold function on his 1 or 2 to (at no Energy cost) cycle through the elements.

Or, simply have a special button (see Mandachord) to choose the element.

14 hours ago, Navarchus said:

Could just give all warframes and weapons a 4th and 5th customization tab every 10 mastery ranks.

Also that. This is a good idea.

But specifically for Chroma its a shame I can't have sweet looking frame to match my damage type.

13 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

A better solution would be to just entirely decouple color choice from what element Chroma's using. I want my purple fire. And, more importantly, I want to use Ice without being stuck with the greyscale color pallete.

agreed. while I enjoy my green toxin (ya I use toxin chroma. fight me) I can see some wanting posion to be more purple in cases but i REALLY wanna have white lighting and baby blue ice (the ICE color pallet is mostly elec chroma)

Edited by Ordosan