Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Second Song HELP!!

GalacticRover

Question

I've been trying to do Octavia's Second Song mission for what feels like forever, I can beat those stupid Battalysts! A friend and I can barely beat one, now I have to face two on my own. Are there any tips I could follow to help me beat the both of them?
Also, when choosing my Focus, I didn't choose the right one and now I'm stuck without the laser.

Edited by GalacticRover

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, GalacticRover said:

I've been trying to do Octavia's Second Song mission for what feels like forever, I can beat those stupid Battalysts! A friend and I can barely beat one, now I have to face two on my own. Are there any tips I could follow to help me beat the both of them?

Press 5 spew your laser to their face once you don't do any more damage to them. 

Enjoy the fact you have removed entirely any resistance they had built up. 

26 minutes ago, GalacticRover said:

Also, when choosing my Focus, I didn't choose the right one and now I'm stuck without the laser.

The operator's void beam has nothing to do with the focus school you chose.  Use transference to change to your operator, then just shoot like any weapon (non-melee) and you'll perform the void beam attack.  That will remove the sentient resistances allowing you to do damage again with your regular weapons.

A general solo strategy is to take them out from a distance, luring them away one at a time if you can.  When they adapt to your damage, either switch to a different weapon that has different elements or use your operator's void beam (not the Madurai beam, just your regular attack in operator mode).  

If you're not able to take them out quickly then bringing a stealth frame with invisibility can make it much easier, but even then you should not be staying still.

There are some CC powers that I know work on them, like Nekros's Terrify, but most of them have diminishing returns when used repeatedly on the same Sentient.  

Ironically, Octavia is one of the best frames to use because, in addition to having invisibility, Sentients have no apparent resistance to Resonator and/or Mallet, and will just follow it around and/or damage themselves.  I bought Octavia and used her to run the quest, and had to stop myself after killing like 30 Sentients.

IIRC, more sentients will show up after the first two but you technically don't have to kill them.  Lure them away from the objective or go invisible and you can still complete the mission.

29 minutes ago, Wrum said:

hystaria is good.

also bring a wide variety of damage types.

fun fact these sentient are actually weaker than the usual ones.

also your going to fight a lot more than two of them.

there are a couple of "real sentient" in a mission, then tons of "fake sentient" that die easily (at least under my ignis) and imo those are not a problem