Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I told myself i wasn't going to spend money on this game...

17 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Does it burn you that new players love the game and do in fact spend money? For a game not worth it, it surely seems successful. I have a clan mate that insist on buying everything, even if I suggest he just farm it. Some people just love the game and aren't as offended by little things they might not agree with.

People still buy Darvo deals. Now THATS crazy.

Only a fool wouldn't love this game within the first 2 weeks to a month of playing it casually.

Once you get down to it though, it isn't worth it in it's current state. No it doesn't burn me, but I still wouldn't recommend anyone to spend money on this game, and being passive aggressive about your response isn't going to change that.

I did the same.

I purchased accessories packs and vault packs since I started playing in November.

In my gaming career I spent 60 bucks on games I played just 5 hours...or less, so I don't mind supporting WF.

Game in current state could obviously be better, RNG is a big pain and DE could work on a great number of things to make it better (like one tileset x planet and not rehashes)...maybe hire new staff to work faster.

But the game is undoubtely funnier than most of AAA games you purchase for much more.

Alad V whispers silently:

There, there Tenno. It wasnt that bad, was it?

Come one, breath deeply. Now how about we buy that one too?

Oh stop shaking, you will survive as long as you make me happy. Now how about we get that big plat bundle, Papa V needs a new valkyr to experiment on.

1 hour ago, Serinexxa said:

You can certainly get by without spending a cent, I know I have in the years I've been here. Pretty much everything can be farmed one way or another. You'll likely get duplicate tradeable items in time, which can be sold to others, quicker if you're reasonable.

This. I was told this when I started playing and everything was fine until Liset prime was released. I needed that ship, so I bought the accesories pack only. Now targis prime armor is back and guess what? I am buying it too. Prime stuff is so attractive.

With the exception of one helmet I thoroughly desire.

Which helmet is that? I'm just curious 

Edited by (XB1)neoxal

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is me. I've spent more than I've ever spent on a f2p. Part of the reason I even stayed with the game is because I realized I didn't need to spend. The only other f2p game I've spent money on is PoE.

I have spent money also on POE, Spiral knights, Tf2 once when bought it (before turned into ftp), and some other minor games. Luckily I feel these games and their devs deserved the support and I got what I wanted so this money spent at least wise.

Edited by Sziklamester

5 hours ago, (PS4)skyfiredraco said:

I started playing a few weeks ago... and i told myself this was gonna be my "freebie" game.

No money spent. Just try it and move on (never heard of it until it popped up next to my psn feed next to marvel heroes)

Flash forward to now and... i'm having WAY more fun with this thing than i thought i would lol. Currently still a newb... i only have excalibur, rhino and frost. I've built a couple dozen weapons and my 150 free plat is dwindling fast (buying weapon and frame slots as per suggested).

Not regretting a minute of the play. Game can get grindy but its entertaining as hell.

But still never spent a dime.

Now i see a pack pop up... Brute Force Prime Pack... hmm...

1200 plat.. nice...

Rhino prime... my fav frame...

Boltor prime... Boltor is my favorite primary in the 10 or so i've built...

Ankyros Prime and Dakra Prime look freaking awesome...

Mag (a frame i've never tried) and Boar (i only have one shotgun so far), both prime variants...

Even a distilling extractor and some cosmetics...

/twitch

Stop me... someone STOP ME.

For the LOVE OF MY BANK ACCOUNT STOP M...

oh who am i kidding... i can afford it and i've blown 60 bucks on games i ended up disliking before, let alone ones i know i like.

/sigh

Time to spend some money i suppose lol... damn you DE :P

Told myself the same thing, then every "AAA" game that was released I was like meh might as well buy the Prime accessories pack every 3 months..$60 for 1300+plat exclusive cosmetics and boosters for 3 months...has kept me more entertained than any of those so called "AAA" TITLES. Its been almost 4 years now and I have purchased every Prime accessories pack since Volt Prime. I have no regrets. My only regret is not getting into Warframe sooner. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I know people who never spent anything on any f2p game they played. Guess what? They all ruined their freestreak with Warframe. I guess the fact that you don't need to spend money on it somehow makes you spend more and more.

Yeah, my main account is on PC and those 75% off plat login rewards were too good to pass up. Now if they could find a way to do that on PS4, I'd probably buy plat for my PS4 account as well.

I would if i could thats why i support it any way i can (no money tho) so that being said its like i invested almost thousand dolars into game (since i did bring a lot of friends here) who invested real money i still support it even tho im scared about the future since imo game is expanding way too slow.

But ill keep supporting it even if i get baned in game thats something ppl dont understand. (just make it better) <--see not hard to understand.

Edited by TennoPain

It's one of the ironies of Warframe:  the more time you have to play, the less likely you are to spend money. I haven't spent a dime on the game but I feel I am an imporant part of the community.  If it wasn't for farmers like me, wallet warriors would have nothing to buy on trade chat.

The console coupons (discounted marketplace purchases rather than plat)  are better for the free player, the PC coupons (discounts on plat) are better for the player spending money.

Man, I remember playing way back in the days if Starchart 1.0 and stopped playing for a few months for some reason or another.

I came back again during Zephyr and Hydroid's debut updates and then stopped playing again. Then Mirage's update came and after seeing the new Startchart 2.0, the cool new liset, and the new Kubrows, I never went back lol.

Right then I decided to buy the Loki Prime Access at the time, and to be frank, Loki is still to this day is my least or second least played Warframe. But you know what? I felt that these developers clearly knew what they wanted to do with this game and still are clearly passionate about it so I wanted to support them in some way! And I definitely don't regret any purchases from this game since, be it buying platinum, other Prime Accesses or Tennogen.

And I think that's the beauty of it all how it really is just a matter of choice with how the game (through good or bad) really respects your time as a payer or non-payer. I mean hell, once I discovered the Trade chat and learned there are always players who need mods or parts that you have spares of, it really eases the time and makes more avenues accessible to get that rare mod you want without needing to play the same node a bunch of times or buying it.

Now I'm just babbling at this point but I just wanted to share my thoughts on their monetization.

Last random thought: I do think it's funny how much they prioritize what's fun first before how could they make money off it via a Devstream sometime ago they were working on something cosemetic related until I think someone in the Twitch chat brought up or one of them suddenly mentioned "Oh, we could put this in the Marketplace for some plat actually" with everyone just quiet for a half second forgetting that "Oh yeah, we're a company, we need to make money somehow" lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I told myself I wouldn't spend any money on this game anymore since DE flipped a middle finger to everyone with the hema bs and still haven't and will remain that way until they change something about it,

8 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I know people who never spent anything on any f2p game they played. Guess what? They all ruined their freestreak with Warframe. I guess the fact that you don't need to spend money on it somehow makes you spend more and more.

Nope, MR 23 and 1,5 year in (sunday in a week), still didn't spend a dime

I have deep pockets, so when I play a game I truly enjoy I don't mind throwing money at the screen; especially when it helps fund the game/developers.

That's said, I haven't bought a Prime Access pack yet. Mostly just because it hasn't been a frame that I felt like spending $80 on. That said, since I'm only two months old into the game, I'm definitely picking up the Brute Force Pack this Friday. The armor accessories, and Rhino Prime (don't care more for Mag, but my goal is to have all Primes in my inventory). Yeah, I don't mind spending money (wouldn't necessarily recommend it), but I've also made a decent amount of plat via trading to fund some of my FashionFrame needs.

I rarely spend money on F2P games. Most of them don't seem to catch my interest for a sustained period of time. I think the only other F2P game I've spent money on is Rocket League, which I spent $8 on. So far, with my purchase of the unvaulted pack yesterday, I've spent $80 on Warframe. I've been playing for almost 3 months now, and I have about 100-105 hours in the game, and I expect to be playing it for quite a bit longer, so I wanted to support the game. Whether or not I spend anymore in the future, I'll just have to see out things go.

12 hours ago, Jobistober said:

Says the guy with a 25 page thread about why you're bored with the game. Don't squeeze the lemon on people who are clearly still enjoying the game.

If someone asks for an opinion then I'm going to give it.

Back on topic: Don't spend money on this game.

Edit: Also, the fact that there is a 3 week old 26 page thread about the game's problems that no one on the DE staff team has acknowledged should be even more of a reason to not spend money on this game right now.

Edited by JSharpie

haha... too many pretty things in warframe. at least you're supporting the game though and if it makes you happy then worth it. 

i like to farm my prime frames cuz it gives me more things to do in the game. plus the vault access packs would cost $80 and $55 in my currency which seems insane to me. however, DE would get my money if they made an access pack for just the accessories... i would buy the targis prime set alone. but there is no option for that so money is staying in wallet P:

i have spent money on this game twice when i got the platinum discounts from daily login. using it to buy equipment/stasis slots and... frOST PRIME Q-Q i bought his parts from players recently for 245 platinum total because i started warframe a month after he was vaulted last time and he's my most used frame. but now DE are giving him for free with twitch... OTL cry