Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There are some quality Limbos out there .......... somewhere

Jakorak

but not here.

Just felt like sharing a quality story.

3 frosts and a limbo enter a secondary only mobile defense kuva fortress sortie.

Get to the first mobile defense and limbo cataclysms 60m, casts rift surge to spread the rift even further, and throws up stasis.

A frost walks around shooting a little bit, not yet realizing stasis is up.

Limbo says "please don't shoot. my poor stasis ;("

A Frost asks "can we play the game plez? we've got 3 frosts, we can handle it"

Limbo replies " but limbo's bubble is better, I help the team so much!"

A frost asks "BUT CAN WE PLAY THE GAME PLEZ?"

Limbo replies "no"

clickbait me one more time boy see what happens.

So what I'm gathered out of this memethemed diss is that a limbo used stasis and it bugged you. It'd bug me too. Word your post in the form of feedback like this:

I went to a mobile defense mission and this Limbo stasis'd every enemy, reducing my and my other team ability to effectively play the game. Limbo's Stasis is a good ability on paper, but it would be better if only Limbo's bullets were affect by stasis. That way it removes the ability for a limbo to inadvertently take away fun from his team mates while still letting his ability operate for him.

20 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

clickbait me one more time boy see what happens.

So what I'm gathered out of this memethemed diss is that a limbo used stasis and it bugged you. It'd bug me too. Word your post in the form of feedback like this:

I went to a mobile defense mission and this Limbo stasis'd every enemy, reducing my and my other team ability to effectively play the game. Limbo's Stasis is a good ability on paper, but it would be better if only Limbo's bullets were affect by stasis. That way it removes the ability for a limbo to inadvertently take away fun from his team mates while still letting his ability operate for him.

wouldn't that make him even more godlike? his 4 + 2 combo is already insanely powerful because as long as nullifiers aren't interfering with it it is impossible to die if you're within the cataclysm with stasis active, any enemy gets reduced to a statue once they enter cataclysm and I'd say disabling ranged attacks is a need balance wise otherwise he would definitely be OP

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I don't know why this is a "Limbo" Post when it should instead be a "[Player-name]" post. That's a single person's actions you're complaining about there.

I mean... this is par for the course on average public limbo behavior, and this is the second time i've seen this garbage specifically on secondary only sorties, denying the crutch argument limbo defenders normally fall back to of "just use melee and stop *@##$ing"

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

The objective is to defend the terminal, running around shooting stuff does not contribute to the success of the mission. Thence, Limbo did the right thing and I see no reason to rant about it.

The point of this story is sheer emphasis of the willpower the average limbo uses to avoid engaging gameplay. This is a secondary only sortie, nothing special or hard. There are 3 fully built frosts, there is nothing the enemy could throw at us that would take this mobile defense from us. We ask him to let us do SOMETHING... ANYTHING.. PLEASE! "no"

Just now, Moghul said:

I run max duration negative range, so people can do they shtick without being bothered.

You da real mvp

Edited by Jakorak

That Limbo should have gone for negative range but max duration and strength. Having said that, the goal of defence missions is to protect the target...so he was protecting the objective as he should. It's not as if you can't exit the rift...and you can still kill stuff. 

So yeah, you're no better than the max range Limbo tbh ;)

14 hours ago, Jakorak said:

but not here.

Just felt like sharing a quality story.

3 frosts and a limbo enter a secondary only mobile defense kuva fortress sortie.

Get to the first mobile defense and limbo cataclysms 60m, casts rift surge to spread the rift even further, and throws up stasis.

A frost walks around shooting a little bit, not yet realizing stasis is up.

Limbo says "please don't shoot. my poor stasis ;("

A Frost asks "can we play the game plez? we've got 3 frosts, we can handle it"

Limbo replies " but limbo's bubble is better, I help the team so much!"

A frost asks "BUT CAN WE PLAY THE GAME PLEZ?"

Limbo replies "no"

Sounds like 3 jelly Frosts.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

That Limbo should have gone for negative range but max duration and strength. Having said that, the goal of defence missions is to protect the target...so he was protecting the objective as he should. It's not as if you can't exit the rift...and you can still kill stuff. 

So yeah, you're no better than the max range Limbo tbh ;)

If I want to to kill anything in this scenario, I have to go 100m away to hallway hero and ignore the game mode's objective completely.

good teamwork /s

2 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

If I want to to kill anything in this scenario, I have to go 100m away to hallway hero and ignore the game mode's objective completely.

good teamwork /s

Yeah...nothing stops you from fighting inside the bubble and kill enemies that flock into it. 

1 minute ago, Jakorak said:

STASIS

Which just means it's even safer for you to kill while keeping the objective safe. Makes headshots super easy too, so you won't have to waste entire magazines. Or use melee if you got a decent melee setup. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

Just now, (PS4)Radehx said:

Which just means it's even safer for you to kill while keeping the objective safe. 

There is no kill. There is only wait for our limbo overlord to deem us worthy of doing damage.

3 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

There is no kill. There is only wait for our limbo overlord to deem us worthy of doing damage.

Of course you can kill! Fire a couple of shots at an enemy's head or melee him and move on to the next. Keep doing that while Limbo recasts stasis and you can go on forever. 

Just now, (PS4)Radehx said:

Of course you can kill! Fire a couple of shots at an enemy's head or melee him and move on to the next. Keep doing that while Limbo recasts stasis and you can go on forever. 

There is no melee. This is secondary only Sortie. Powers do mediocre damage, this is a sortie. Limbo is not going to let down stasis to let damage happen, he is making every effort possible to just keep stasis going, so the game doesn't exist at all. I guess I need to bring one of the weapons specifically viable to break down stasis to any sortie mobile defense ever, if I want to be able to play the game.

Just now, Jakorak said:

There is no melee. This is secondary only Sortie. Powers do mediocre damage, this is a sortie. Limbo is not going to let down stasis to let damage happen, he is making every effort possible to just keep stasis going, so the game doesn't exist at all. I guess I need to bring one of the weapons specifically viable to break down stasis to any sortie mobile defense ever, if I want to be able to play the game.

Right...so you're complaining one specific game type. 

11 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

...I guess I need to bring one of the weapons specifically viable to break down stasis to any sortie mobile defense ever, if I want to be able to play the game.

Or queue with a group of people that won't do this.  Or solo queue.  Have you already reported that person?  Did you create a post in other sections of these forums to let DE know that you're unhappy with this situation?

Man limbo still gets a lot of hate. I have to admit some do get annoying at times, but this case just seems like to me you wanted to play without a limbo and got one. That's like asking a Nova that joins your party and they happen to have a slow Nova build on to stop being an &#! and let them go faster, it's just how they play the game compared to your own isn't it in the end? At least you completed the objective, I see no reason to hate him for that.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Right...so you're complaining one specific game type. 

It's just the most likely game type to find these kind of limbos but rest assured. any time I find a limbo in a pub game and i have a beam weapon or a shot gun or some high fire rate gun. If they stasis an entire map, you bet your &#! I have no pity for their crutch.

4 minutes ago, Monybags33 said:

Man limbo still gets a lot of hate. I have to admit some do get annoying at times, but this case just seems like to me you wanted to play without a limbo and got one. That's like asking a Nova that joins your party and they happen to have a slow Nova build on to stop being an &#! and let them go faster, it's just how they play the game compared to your own isn't it in the end? At least you completed the objective, I see no reason to hate him for that.

As someone who has been heavily conditioned by focus farming, I get mildly grumpy about CC but these kinds of limbos... they are the absolute culmination of everything I hate about CC and more.

17 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I don't know why this is a "Limbo" Post when it should instead be a "[Player-name]" post. That's a single person's actions you're complaining about there.

Because "name and shame" is a forum rules violation.  You're actually specifically forbidden to complain about a specific player by name.  The closest you can get is "this one player who used a Limbo and annoyed me."

18 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

The objective is to defend the terminal, running around shooting stuff does not contribute to the success of the mission. Thence, Limbo did the right thing and I see no reason to rant about it.

While technically true, the objective of playing a game is to actually play the game.  Not stand around in an overdeveloped chat room talking about how great you think Limbo is because he can stop the world and other players' ability to interact with said world.  Limbo needs to be changed to, at the very least, only affect his own projectiles with Stasis, not his allies.  The way it works now runs counter to promoting team based gameplay.