Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Harrow drops mission-specific?

FierceRadiance

Question

I received the Harrow Chassis BP on a Relic mission, and a Systems BP on an Evac mission. Does anyone know for certain if these two parts ONLY drop on these two mission types? Has anyone gotten these two drops on different mission types than I did?

Put another way, am I going to have to beat that blankety-blanking Kuva Spy mission to get a Neuroptics?

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, FierceRadiance said:

I just have to figure out how to beat / sidestep the Spy missions, which just means practice.

Well, here's some Pago chamber specifics that may help.

For the chamber that has a modest glass corridor at the start you have three possible access routes; a broken fan on the left (not guaranteed), an uncovered drop point in the room immediately to the right amidst grating (not guaranteed), or the main direct causeway, the only guaranteed route to the main chamber.

Spoiler

FQxW2fM.jpg

This one

1. The Broken Fan route will take you out to the left of the main chamber, coming out roughly above where there's a Bailiff.
    Spoiler

ZIVzA8a.jpg

No luck this run, but it does happen.

Ignore it and look down to the right; in the middle of the walkways, there's a segment of dipped floor.
    Spoiler

IRN0cUM.jpg

I admit I never bother using the front door anymore since I learned about this route.

Jump down there and there's a literal tunnel right into the Vault. Assassinate the solitary guard in there (Trooper, Scorch, Bombard or Gunner) and the data is pretty much yours.

2. The Absent Grating route will take you down into the lower circuitry.
    Spoiler

FSE0BA3.jpg

Bad luck again, but it really does lack the middle top two panels, giving a way down.

Weave your way through and past the lasers, eventually you'll come out to a hole that opens out to the middle of the main chamber. Time it right and jump out of there, as it'll put you in a straight path to the tunnel I mentioned above into the Vault. From there, kill the guard, take the data.

3. The Main route is essentially walking down and through the chamber with care not to be spotted. Once you hit the area with the tunnel, jump down and once again it's just a matter of killing the guard and taking the data. You can get into the undercut to slip the lasers but you'll have to exit eventually for the usual route.
    Spoiler

tYj45jr.jpg

For the chamber that requires you to activate three data towers which are under increasing amounts of observation:

1. The first room is essentially straightforward. Kill the guard, activate, hack the panel, move on to room two or sneak around the back and shoot a little circuit box on the back.
    Spoiler

xWOrnWo.jpg

2. The second room has one Scanner which will observe the panel if you're not cloaked, and a guard. Kill the guard and either; if invisible, hack the panel or go around the back of the camera and duck underneath the room.
    Spoiler

6QzJLTS.jpg

Why go through, when you can go under?

There's a ledge you can jump to in the middle, which has another breakable control box. Smash it and it'll activate the pylons without needing to risk the hack. From here, you can also get to the switch for the third chamber.

3. If you're in the under segment for the second chamber, on the right side from entering, left side if facing the panel, jump across and there's a gap.
    Spoiler

UuWwJS3.jpg

Look to the right and plain as day, you'll be able to spot the same kind of control box. Smash it and it'll activate the platform so you can work your way across, but mind the scanners as they path as they can spot you going down the now accessible ramp. Once done you're in the data chamber. Job done.
    Spoiler

qo9ve5o.jpg

Chamber three topside is rough. So ignore that and sneak right under their noses.

For the chamber which is a large cavern with essentially a mini fort:

Spoiler

e9OQJ3T.jpg

1. There are a few ways to access it, but I exclusively favour the left route; enter the chamber and carefully eliminate the Grineer unit directly beneath you.
    Spoiler

9euvqQI.jpg

From here on there will be two patrolling scanners. Head to the upper sections of the cavern till you find the second drone; kill it and walk into the little sideroom it was heading into or in.
    Spoiler

OkCce8p.jpg

Smash the scanner over the door, hack the panel and essentially waltz right on in.

I'll go get some images to back this up shortly, as they'll help further.

Images delivered. Hope they help.

Edited by Blakrana
Adding images.

Systems -Saturn - Caracol -- Defection Mission

Chassis - Void Fissure enemys -- Fissure missions   

Neuroptics - Pago - Kuva Fortress -- Spy

Got the Systems after 4 runs to 15+ and higher 

Chassis .. i got this from the second run void fissure .. shooting on corrupt enemys . did apears the chassis

Neuroptics .. well i got this after 5 runs of spy first couple with group and the 2 last runs solo :)

so this is how i got Harrow in 1 day :thumbup::satisfied:

You're Bp from Harrow itself .. can be only obtainable thru the quest ( Guess you are lucky )

Locations Rotation Chance
SATURN/CARACOL (EVACUATION) B EXPEL CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
NEPTUNE/YURSA (EVACUATION) B SMITE CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- B CLEANSE CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- B BANE OF CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- C HARROW SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT Uncommon (11.28%)

PHOBOS/MEMPHIS (EVACUATION) B EXPEL CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B SMITE CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B CLEANSE CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B BANE OF CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- C HARROW SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT Rare (7.52%)

KUVA FORTRESS/PAGO (SPY) C HARROW NEUROPTICS BLUEPRINT Uncommon (11.28%)

FISSURE CORRUPTED ENEMY - HARROW CHASSIS BLUEPRINT Rare (3.00%)
Edited by THeMooN85

29 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Okay, thank you, GentleTenno. Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know nonetheless. I just have to figure out how to beat / sidestep the Spy missions, which just means practice. Time to dust off Loki again...

There's nothing really to "beat". Running any non-stealth frame is kinda of a what even in a spy anyway but the rest is just literally you see console - hack, repeat. There isn't even any mandatory to bypass traps or anything .

25 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Well, here's some Pago chamber specifics that may help.

For the chamber that has a modest glass corridor at the start you have three possible access routes; a broken fan on the left (not guaranteed), an uncovered drop point in the room immediately to the right amidst grating (not guaranteed), or the main direct causeway, the only guaranteed route to the main chamber.

1. The Broken Fan route will take you out to the left of the main chamber, coming out roughly above where there's a Bailiff. Ignore it and look down to the right; in the middle of the walkways, there's a segment of dipped floor. Jump down there and there's a literal tunnel right into the Vault. Assassinate the solitary guard in there (Trooper, Scorch, Bombard or Gunner) and the data is pretty much yours.

2. The Absent Grating route will take you down into the lower circuitry. Weave your way through and past the lasers, eventually you'll come out to a hole that opens out to the middle of the main chamber. Time it right and jump out of there, as it'll put you in a straight path to the aforementioned tunnel into the Vault. From there, kill the guard, take the data.

3. The Main route is essentially walking down and through the chamber with care not to be spotted. Once you hit the area with the tunnel, jump down and once again it's just a matter of killing the guard and taking the data.

For the chamber that requires you to activate three data towers which are under increasing amounts of observation:

1. The first room is essentially straightforward. Kill the guard, activate, hack the panel, move on to room two.

2. The second room has one Scanner which will observe the panel if you're not cloaked, and a guard. Kill the guard and either; if invisible, hack the panel or go around the back of the camera and duck underneath the room. There's a ledge you can jump to in the middle, which has a breakable control box. Smash it and it'll activate the pylons without needing to risk the hack. From here, you can also get to the switch for the third chamber.

3. If you're in the under segment for the second chamber, on the right side from entering, left side if facing the panel, jump around and there's a gap. Look to the right and plain as day, you'll be able to spot the same kind of control box. Smash it and it'll activate the platform so you can work your way across, but mind the scanners as they path as they can spot you going down the now accessible ramp. Once done you're in the data chamber. Job done.

For the chamber which is a large cavern with essentially a mini fort:

1. There are a few ways to access it, but I favour the left route; enter the chamber and carefully eliminate the grineer unit directly beneath you. From here on there will be two patrolling scanners. Head to the upper sections of the cavern till you find the second drone; kill it and walk into the little sideroom it was heading into or in. Smash the scanner over the door, hack the panel and essentially waltz right on in.

I'll go get some images to back this up shortly, as they'll help further.

Very generous of you! I've run most of the rest of the spy tile sets often enough to have them pretty well down (there are still a few I haven't memorized yet). But Pago I only ran once with a PUG team to get credit for unlocking it, and never went back. Since DE is forcing us to run it to get Harrow, I've been Soloing it to try and learn my way around the tiles. But I still have more practicing to do, and this will help.

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

The first room is essentially straightforward. Kill the guard, activate, hack the panel, move on to room two.

You can destroy the "breaker boxes" in all three "data towers". Numbers 1 and 3 are visible if you stand on the thin metal ring beneath the console platform and circle around it looking down. 

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

chamber which is a large cavern with essentially a mini fort

So far, the fastest route I found is jumping on top of the first bunker you see directly in front of you when you enter, then proceeding to the roof of the bunker with a searchlight to your right. It has a tiny hatch on the roof which allows you to drop into the room with the door console. Hack the console, shoot the sensor bar and you're in. 

Edited by Reifnir

3 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

You can destroy the "breaker boxes" in all three "data towers". Numbers 1 and 3 are visible if you stand on the thin metal ring beneath the console platform and circle around it looking down. 

So far, the fastest route I found is jumping on top of the first bunker you see directly in front of you when you enter, then proceeding to the roof of the bunker with a searchlight to your right. It has a tiny hatch on the roof which allows you to drop into the room with the door console. Hack the console, shoot the sensor bar and you're in. 

Fair. I tend to just do the first room normally as it's so simple, but the option is good to know.

As for the bunker, fair. Always good to have options.

You know, its funny, I decided to do a quick relic run, and once I loaded in (the group was already mid mission, I got a notification of getting the harrow chassis... 10 seconds later, a second one popped up.

I ran 15 spy missions, nothing. 

I ran a single defection, computer crashed...

Warframe in a nutshell, I guess.

It just amazes me that as awful and universally despised the Pacifism Defect was, DE then thought it was a good idea to make it permanent. Nobody runs that random mission type they added in for Nidus, why are they expecting this to be any different? Once everyone gets their Harrow part this mode will be a ghost town.

21 hours ago, MisayH said:

It just amazes me that as awful and universally despised the Pacifism Defect was, DE then thought it was a good idea to make it permanent. Nobody runs that random mission type they added in for Nidus, why are they expecting this to be any different? Once everyone gets their Harrow part this mode will be a ghost town.

Think about it how DE thinks.

We want money for what we do. Therefore, let's put these parts behind walls with false RNG that will force players to:

1. Not do it.

2. Not do it and pay money to do it.

I ran Spy missions almost exclusively for the first three months of playing this game until DE decided to add Donkey Kong mechanics to them. If I wanted to play an Atari 2600 video game then I'd buy a console system. I did Pago to unlock it and have never gone back. I have read and spoke to scores of people who have run this Pago mission over and over again for nothing.

Since DE is now bribing people with Riven mods to buy these new frames with plat and placing the parts behind Donkey Kong mechanics, I'll be waiting to complete the quests from now on until I find out what crap I have to suffer through to farm the parts. Otherwise, plat is easy to earn so I'll buy the frame and get the free riven. 

On 6/30/2017 at 1:33 AM, THeMooN85 said:

Locations Rotation Chance
SATURN/CARACOL (EVACUATION) B EXPEL CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
NEPTUNE/YURSA (EVACUATION) B SMITE CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- B CLEANSE CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- B BANE OF CORRUPTED Rare (5.64%)
- C HARROW SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT Uncommon (11.28%)

PHOBOS/MEMPHIS (EVACUATION) B EXPEL CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B SMITE CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B CLEANSE CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- B BANE OF CORRUPTED Rare (4.51%)
- C HARROW SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT Rare (7.52%)

KUVA FORTRESS/PAGO (SPY) C HARROW NEUROPTICS BLUEPRINT Uncommon (11.28%)

FISSURE CORRUPTED ENEMY - HARROW CHASSIS BLUEPRINT Rare (3.00%)

After having spent more than four hours on Pago earning fifty bucks and a used Hyundai over and over and over...not buying this drop chart's numbers anymore.

1 hour ago, FierceRadiance said:

After having spent more than four hours on Pago earning fifty bucks and a used Hyundai over and over and over...not buying this drop chart's numbers anymore.

Tell me about it... hours and hours spent on those STUPID AND BORING defections and still no Harrow's Systems! I swear the moment I'll get those systems I stop playing defection at all, except sortie if needed.

I received both a Systems and a Chassis in the first several hours after the update dropped, but didn't run start running Pago for the helmet until the following afternoon. Since then I've spent several hours and dozens of runs farming the helmet with no luck. Have to wonder if the numbers weren't correct for the first few hours or so, to get some Harrows out there to be seen...and then drop rates were cut way back at some point to encourage sales of Harrow via Plat. I understand that odds are NOT a guarantee, but it's unlikely (again, odds) that the numbers would be off by that much across any significant sample size (one player being an insignificant sample, of course).

From a Marketing standpoint that would make very good business sense. Not good news for players, of course.

The RNGods are not truly random, they can't be. I did various Neo fissure missions last night and got 8 Harrow chassis in a row. How can that be random?

Edit: saying that though, It's a good chance to get the chassis there because you can kill so many void corrupted baddies that you are bound to get one. pretty much guaranteed infact...

Edited by FlymoNinja